From 'Echoing Footsteps', published 1967, Powder River County Extension Homemakers Council
By Andrus Tyler
George Palmer filed on the north half of the section known of as "The Thompson Place" in July, 1914. He lived there at short intervals during the next three years. While there he was employed by several ranchers. After making final proof on his homestead in 1917 and selling it to Henning and Suepke, he returned to his vocation as a street car conductor and motorman in Minneapolis, Minnesota.