Dusting Off the Old Ones was published in 1961 by W. B. Clarke, Miles City, Montana.
Terry -- In the Eighties
This story will be concerning our neighboring county seat on the east--Terry, the capital of Prairie county, only this story was written a good many years before Prairie County was even thought of, in fact, it was published in a History of Montana, published in 1885.

"Terry--this location was entered May 7, 1883, and before the close of June over 200 building lots were purchased. (Publisher's note: The town of Terry is located on Section l6, township 12 north, range 51 east, a school section, and therefore the Probate Judge entered all entries and handled all matters pertaining to the original sale of the lots, the platting of the townsite and other matters.) In July, 1883, there were several business houses in active operation there, including Flanigan's boarding house, Cole & Kelly's restaurant, Sam Hilburn's store, Williams' saloon and Cole's saloon, besides other stores, a blacksmith shop and so forth. The ferry at that point is the only means of crossing the Yellowstone between Glendive and Miles City. North and south of Terry there are fine stock ranges and splendid farms open to settlement, a large tract being surveyed, and not yet wholly located upon. The stock business is likely to be the basis of Terry's future prosperity, as the town is in the very center of an extensive grazing and pasture region, and is likewise a convenient point of railroad shipment for stockmen located on Powder river, Beaver creek, Box Elder creek, the Little Missouri and O'Fallon creek on the south, and on the north side of the Yellowstone for the ranges along Cedar creek, the Sheep mountains, Custer creek, the Dry Fork and the Redwater. This is also accepted as the best and shortest route of travel between points in Eastern Montana and the Black Hills. About twenty-five miles south of Terry there is a large belt of pine timber, and a sawmill will be promptly located there to furnish a supply of lumber for the town. The first settlers came to the vicinity in 1881, since which time the number nas increased to 150. B. A. Bowen is postmaster, justice and agent for the Northern Pacific Railroad, Western Union telegraph, and the Northern Pacific Express Company; Samuel Hilburn, general store, Cartwright Brothers, grocers; Cole & Kelly and N. Williams, liquors, Martin Malloy, blacksmith, N. Williams, livery stable, A. L. Griffith, carpenter."