It's official. Dissent no longer patriotic
supporter
Posted by Rick Kuchynka (+4457) 12 years ago
supporter
Posted by Buck Showalter (+4454) 12 years ago
Neither is being a d-bag, but that has never stopped you.
Posted by Josh Rath (+2311) 12 years ago
HAHAHAHAHA YOU DIDNT! YOU DIDNT!!!! HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH *dies from laughter*
Posted by Brian A. Reed (+6113) 12 years ago
I'll bet you I know what Rick's douchebag name would be ...

Besides, dissent was rendered unpatriotic in 2003. Everyone knows that. Just ask Natalie Maines.

[This message has been edited by Brian A. Reed (8/5/2009)]
supporter
Posted by Steve Craddock (+2737) 12 years ago
Ya. Or even Kathleen Parker. Conservatives eat their own if they aren't completely loyal. Look at what happened to Michael Steele for saying what the world already knows -- That Rush Limbaugh is a Whack-O.
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr (+15076) 12 years ago
Umm... during the Bush years, we were told that dissent was patriotic. Wasn't it Hillary Clinton who famously screeched:

"I'm sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and disagree with this administration, somehow you're not patriotic. We need to stand up and say we're Americans, and we have the right to debate and disagree with any administration"?

http://www.whitehouse.gov...rn-Things/

"There is a lot of disinformation about health insurance reform out there, spanning from control of personal finances to end of life care. These rumors often travel just below the surface via chain emails or through casual conversation. Since we can't keep track of all of them here at the White House, we're asking for your help. If you get an email or see something on the web about health insurance reform that seems fishy*, send it to [email protected]"

Given the near certainty that no one will be stripping from emails the names of the people forwarding on the information, the White House is most likely engaged in unlawful activity.

According to 5 U.S.C. ยง 552a, United States agencies, including the Executive Office of the President shall, "maintain no record describing how any individual exercises rights guaranteed by the First Amendment unless expressly authorized by statute or by the individual about whom the record is maintained or unless pertinent to and within the scope of an authorized law enforcement activity."

The White House may take the position that certain of its offices aren't subject to the Privacy Act (that is a longstanding Office of Legal Counsel position, see here), but most Presidents instruct their staffs to comply. This will be a the first significant time the White House has ignored the Privacy Act and may open President Obama up to litigation.

This is another example of the Obama administration ignoring long time precedent when it is no longer convenient for them. And ignoring this precedent lets them collect data on and potential harass individual American citizens.

The [email protected] email address is not subject to Freedom of Information Act requests. Some enterprising legislator should introduce legislation to make it subject to the FOIA.

*Fishy as in I can keep my private insurance when there is a competing government program? Somehow I picture Col. Flag from MASH showing up. Just make sure that the mattress in my prison cell is clean.

[This message has been edited by Richard Bonine, Jr (8/6/2009)]
supporter
Posted by Bob L. (+5100) 12 years ago
Poor wingnuts.
supporter
Hey Ricardo: You cut & pasted that from World Net Daily, didn't you?

How's Orly Taintz doing? HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA
supporter
No and I don't know.
supporter
Ricardo:

Have you and your minions found Obama's "real" birth certificate yet?
supporter
Posted by Bridgier (+9297) 12 years ago
Well, you got it from some astro-turfing email - if you google "The White House may take the position that certain of its offices aren't subject to the Privacy Act", Richard's exact verbiage seems to appear in an awful lot of forum threads.

Seems kind of fishy... I think I'll report him!
supporter
No.

Ricardo would NEVER cut and paste something.

Ricardo is not a DITTOHEAD

Ricardo thinks for himself!

Please note sarcasm.
supporter
"Well, you got it from some astro-turfing email"

And yet I am supposed to believe you came up with the term "astro-turfing" on your own. Hypocrite

It is mildly amusing (actually, it's very sad) to watch Team JustWords avoid content and constantly revert to name-calling and personal attack rather than debate your side of an issue.

Since when is asking citizens to become informants on other citizen holding a different point of view American? Is this "change"? How does this promote liberty and domestic tranquility?

The actions of the Whitehouse are essentially domestic spying, not for the purposes of national security, but to pass a a stupid healthcare bill.

Lemme see here ... Richard believes that the suggestion that people email the White House might involve illegal activity.

What's your opinion when it comes to warrantless wiretaps, Richard?

Are you one of those people who are fine with the concept because you've got "nothing to hide?"

If so, why does that not apply in this case? After all, it's not nearly as underhanded and clandestine.

Anyone with at least half a brain realizes that some degree of information can be gathered from an email.

You act as though the willingness to communicate is a bad thing, Richard.
It is mildly amusing (actually, it's very sad) to watch Team JustWords avoid content and constantly revert to name-calling and personal attack rather than debate your side of an issue.

He says as he name-calls.

Inane wingnuttery gets a name calling response. You know the drill, Richard. Don't get all huffy. If you don't want to be called a wingnut, don't be a wingnut.

Do you not have a "report spam" link on your email, Richard? Same thing. Valerie Plame had a beef. You don't. Keep things in perspective.

By the way, Richard - I just sent you an email. You now have more information about me than you did before. Am I to cower in fear, worrying about what you're going to do with it?

[This message has been edited by Brian A. Reed (8/6/2009)]
supporter
Since when is asking citizens to become informants on other citizen holding a different point of view American? Is this "change"? How does this promote liberty and domestic tranquility?

-----

Get a grip, Ricardo.

Why would anyone ever take you seriously?

You're a birther!

Facts mean nothing to you.

Ricardo: Did you hear that the government is going to require mandatory sex change operations in the new health care plan?

(HINT: That's not true - I just made it up).

But, it's true if YOU BELIEVE it's true!
Did you hear that the government is going to require mandatory sex change operations in the new health care plan?

Bob's right! It's on the internets now. They have the internets in Guatemala, right, Richard? You know, the country where you were born?
supporter
"Ricardo: Did you hear that the government is going to require mandatory sex change operations in the new health care plan?"

That is good news Bob L. I was raised to believe you shouldn't hit girls. When is your operation scheduled?
Oh, SNAP!

Oh, no you di'int!

:anxiouslyawaitingbob'sresponse:
supporter
I'd love to debate you on the points, but most of your points are astro-turf bs (no, I didn't come up with that - but it's a commonly accepted term with a specific meaning) that were forwarded to you by some buddy on redstate, so it's not really worth the time. You're pissed because the White House is pushing back against your RNC organized and orchestrated tea-baggery. Yawn. Tell your buddies down at the yacht club that they need to upgrade the noise machine. But don't be to uppity about it, or they might not let you touch their big shiny boats.
Posted by Chuck Schott (+1290) 12 years ago
I find it a major crack up that someone expects me to believe that either party is this organized, what a joke. It is kind of fun to watch the politicians squirm a little bit. I say keep after them just maybe they will read the legislation so they can be more prepared when they hold these meetings.
That is good news Bob L. I was raised to believe you shouldn't hit girls. When is your operation scheduled?

Bob, if I might offer a couple of suggestions for your counter, I'd like to submit the following:

1.) That explains why you've never taken a punch before, doesn't it?

2.) To prevent girls from making a decision on their own? Most definitely! But to hit them, never.

3a.) You're rubber, I'm glue ...

3b.) Neener neener neener

3c.) Your FACE is!
supporter
Ricardo:

What part of "mandatory" don't you understand?

I've been told on good authority that the government is coming after the "birthers" first.

Good news: Female to male sex change operations are more difficult, so the government won't get to you for a while.

Run, Ricardo. Run.
Richard is a REAL American

supporter
I'd never heard of this movie before - but based on the synopsis(full disclosure - I didn't invent that word either), I'd say it sounds awesome: http://en.wikipedia.org/w...1970_film).
It's just a happy irony that Richard looks so much like Peter Boyle.

The resemblance - and its myriad applications - brings me much mirth.
supporter
"You're pissed because the White House is pushing back against your RNC organized and orchestrated tea-baggery."

No, I am irritated that we have a President and Congress intent on ignoring our constitution and remaking this country in their image. Thug-like tactics such as ([email protected]) are not helpful to fostering meaningful dialog. I shouldn't be surprised by any of this, because to his credit, Obama is doing what he said he was going to do. I don't like it and think we are making several huge mistakes. Perhaps a dose of statism every now and then is helpful to preserving liberty.
No, I am irritated that we have a President and Congress intent on ignoring our constitution and remaking this country in their image.

Had a President and Congress intent on ignoring our Constitution, Richard. Had. Past tense.

Go shoot a hippie. It'll be good practice for when the tanks show up at your door.

[This message has been edited by Brian A. Reed (8/6/2009)]
supporter
Brian's right!

Hurry, before they take your guns and ammo!!!!!
supporter
"fostering meaningful dialog"

Yeah... like organizing people to show up at town-hall meetings and shout down anyone who tries to talk:

http://thinkprogress.org/...onmemo.pdf

[This message has been edited by Bridgier (8/6/2009)]
supporter
http://www.weeklystandard...FPView.asp

"Think Progress, MSNBC 'Manufacture' a Story With Putative Smoking Gun 'Mob' Memo

When the "manufactured" outrage the Left is trying to demonize lines up so inconveniently with public polling, it's sometimes necessary to create evidence for the "manufactured" storyline.
Enter Think Progress, which unearthed this shocking, secret memo from the leader of a small grassroots conservative organization in Connecticut, which allegedly instructs members on "infiltrating town halls and harassing Democratic members of Congress."
Right Principles PAC was formed by Bob MacGuffie and four friends in 2008, and has taken in a whopping $5,017 and disbursed $1,777, according to its FEC filing.

"We're just trying to shake this state up and make a difference up here," MacGuffie told me during a telephone interview. He's surprised at his elevation to national rabble-rouser by the Left.
Right Principles has a Facebook group with 23 members and a Twitter account with five followers. MacGuffie describes himself as an "opponent of leftist thinking in America," and told me he's "never pulled a lever" for a Republican or Democrat on a federal level. Yet this Connecticut libertarian's influence over a national, orchestrated Republican health-care push-back is strong, indeed, if you listen to liberal pundits and the Democratic National Committee, who have crafted a nefarious web out of refutable evidence.
Think Progress highlighted his memo's directives to "`Yell,' `Stand Up And Shout Out,' `Rattle Him'," calling it a "right-wing harassment strategy against Dems." The blog falsely connected MacGuffie to the national conservative group FreedomWorks through the most tenuous of threads. The Think Progress link that purports to establish MacGuffie as a FreedomWorks "volunteer" leads to his one blog posting on a Tea Party website (on the free social networking site, ning.com). Think Progress calls Tea Party Patriots a "FreedomWorks website."

The problem is it's not a FreedomWorks site, according to FreedomWorks spokesman Adam Brandon. FreedomWorks is a "coalition partner" of TeaPartyPatriots.org, but does not fund the site in any way.
"There is no formal structural connection," Brandon told me. "Never has been. Never will be. We're just fellow travelers in the movement."

When I asked MacGuffie if he was a volunteer for FreedomWorks outside the specious evidence Think Progress cited, he said, "Absolutely not. You can Google all day; you won't find it. There is no formal connection. I don't know anyone from FreedomWorks."

He joined the Tea Party Patriots community site when it was mentioned to him by several local Tea Party activists (whom he admits knowing . . . smoking gun!), and "blogged there, very little." So MacGuffie, a local activist in Connecticut who never volunteered for FreedomWorks wrote a memo and also wrote a blog post on a site not paid for or hosted by FreedomWorks. There's your national conspiracy, folks.

The block quote Think Progress provides from MacGuffie's memo (dutifully reproduced on other liberal blogs) also implies there are sentiments in the memo that simply aren't there. Each of TP's examples of the "harassment" MacGuffie is inciting is preceded by a headline MacGuffie didn't write, which lends a considerably more sinister tone than MacGuffie used. The bolded headlines below do not appear in the memo, but do appear in Think Progress' block quote of it:
- Artificially Inflate Your Numbers: "Spread out in the hall and try to be in the front half. The objective is to put the Rep on the defensive with your questions and follow-up...
- Be Disruptive Early And Often: "You need to rock-the-boat early in the Rep's presentation, Watch for an opportunity to yell out and challenge the Rep's statements early."
- Try To "Rattle Him," Not Have An Intelligent Debate: "The goal is to rattle him, get him off his prepared script and agenda. If he says something outrageous, stand up and shout out and sit right back down...

The attempt to paint him as a professional, funded operative is off-base, MacGuffie said, laughing.
"I guess they don't believe that people in America will stand up and fight back when government gets overbearing," said MacGuffie, who added that he originally e-mailed the memo to 8-10 Connecticut activists in June.
As is often the case, MSNBC anchors and the DNC alike have taken Think Progress' inaccurate sleuthing at face-value, elevating the humble Right Principles to heretofore unknown levels of national importance.

The Rachel Maddow Show repeated Think Progress' reporting on MacGuffie's connections, showing the memo, and declaring its author "affiliated with an organization called FreedomWorks."
The DNC has now made the memo the centerpiece of its "Mob" ad out today, from which I grabbed this screen shot, at the :40 mark:

The voice over for this image says behavior at health-care town halls is "straight from the playbook of high-level Republican political operatives."
Or, the memo of Bob MacGuffie of Fairfield, Conn., who once wrote a blog post on Tea Party Patriots, a site that is not funded or hosted by FreedomWorks. It's all the same if you're looking to discredit an entire movement of real voters, I suppose.

The memo also includes these phrases, which are left out of the reporting and demagoguery:
"Do not bring the signs into the hall if you want any chance to be picked for a question."
"Don't carry on and make a scene, just short, intermittent shout-outs," which may sound familiar because the shout-out part was quoted without context by Think Progress.
It also offers such guerrilla tactics as, "When the formal Q&A begins, get your hands up and keep them up- be persistent throughout the entire session. Keep body language neutral and look positive to improve chances of being selected." It instructs participants to be ready with follow-up questions and insist that representatives answer questions instead of launching into talking points.
The memo outlined strategies MacGuffie had used during a town hall meeting with his Rep. Jim Himes in May of this year. While organizing that event and writing the memo, he emphasized that critics should not get out of hand, he said.

His objective was to "make sure we didn't get kicked around, asked good, thought-out questions, and had follow-ups ready," he said. "We took him off his script, but we did not shout him down."
The tactics in the memo produced this horrifying civic spectacle. This is what the liberal blogs, Rachel Maddow, and the DNC are intent on preventing. I dare you to find even one errant word or rude action in Bob MacGuffie's "orchestrated, hateful" action. After all, he is the father of our movement:

"[Our representatives] work for us, and there's a lot of good people up here who feel that way," MacGuffie said. "All of us have better things to do with our lives...and these are all real people. They just have to paint us as something else, I guess.""
supporter
Posted by Jim Brady (+431) 12 years ago
Waste of time, Richard

Rule 5: Ridicule is man's most potent weapon. It's hard to counterattack ridicule, and it infuriates the opposition, which then reacts to your advantage.

Rule 11: Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, polarize it. Don't try to attack abstract corporations or bureaucracies. Identify a responsible individual. Ignore attempts to shift or spread the blame.

Saul Alinsky, Rules for Radicals. (1971)

MC. Commies have elevated this to an art form.

Hilarious.
supporter
I for one think its great to see our resident good lil' soldiers carrying out central command's astroturf campaign to accuse others of astroturfing.

I can envision a Patton-esque scene (with a big 'O' flag of course) where the Big O barks out

"Now I want all of you to go out there and get in those "I like my Insurance" bastards' faces, and ridicule them for just following orders! Now what are you pansies waiting for! Double Time!"

But you can't fault them for being sympathetic to Big O's coordinated campaign to root out and expose his political opposition. Of course we all heard doing so with terrorist-sympathizers would've been a crime. But those federalist-sympathizers deserve what they get

Most of these guys are just excited because of the way the new program is set up.

Their first report of a neighbor, friend, or associate to [email protected] gets them a free membership card and Team Obama button-up Brown Shirt. If they report 5 individuals, they're immediately sent a decorative red twisted "O" emblazoned armband.

And if they make it to the magic number of 25 citizens reported, they're entitled to a coupon for a free Obama-eagle embroidered peaked hat with nightstick and holster.

[This message has been edited by Rick Kuchynka (8/6/2009)]
supporter
Jim: How silly of me to forget.
supporter
Dude, I've got three of those armbands.

Of course, I just reported you, Richard and Jim five times each, but still...

And maybe you all should look up "astroturfing" - I don't think it means what you think you think it means.

Hey Jim! Good to see you...

[This message has been edited by Bridgier (8/6/2009)]
supporter
Sure it does. It's in the dictionary with David Axelrod's picture next to it.

[This message has been edited by Rick Kuchynka (8/6/2009)]
supporter
Shouldn't you be out checking into Bobby Jindals certificate of live birf or something?
Posted by Kyle L. Varnell (+3751) 12 years ago
Bridgier,

I'm a little disappointed. You didn't report me? Haven't my posts here earned at least one report to the Showbama Gestapo?
Rule 5: Ridicule is man's most potent weapon. It's hard to counterattack ridicule, and it infuriates the opposition, which then reacts to your advantage.

Don't sell your team short, Jimbo - you know perfectly well what the counter-attack is to ridicule:

Focus on bulls**t.

Of course, that also inspires more ridicule. It's all a vicious cycle, really. Yeah, you're pretty much screwed. Nuts!
supporter
Posted by Stone (+1590) 12 years ago
Richard, said- "No, I am irritated that we have a President and Congress intent on ignoring our constitution and remaking this country in their image."

Jesus H Christ after the last eight years of complete dictastorship you are now worried about a President ignoring our constitution.
supporter
Posted by howdy (+4949) 12 years ago
again Stone is right....how on earth you can complain about this president after the dictatorship of the last 8 years is beyond me!!!
Posted by Donna Kingsley Coffeen (+403) 12 years ago
Ditto to howdy and Stone's posts.
If memory serves, I think Richard was against the last Administration as well.

Seems he's been fairly consistent in that regard.

[This message has been edited by Kyle L. Varnell (8/6/2009)]
supporter
"how on earth you can complain about this president after the dictatorship of the last 8 years is beyond me!!!"

Really? Let's see if this is "beyond you":

Consider the following: Here is a list of the Czars appointed by Obama. The process of appointing czars circumvents the constitution because these people answer to no one but the president. There aren't any congressional hearings for these people. It erodes the balance of power established by the constitution. Such a practice is unconstitutional. This is one of the points on which I disagree with even Ronald Reagan.

Here is a list of Obama's current and prospective Czar positions:
1. Technology Czar: Aneesh Chopra.
2. Drug Czar: Gil Kerlikowske.
3. Copyright Czar: Not appointed yet.
4. Energy Czar: Carol M. Browner.
5. Car Czar: Ed Montgomery.
6. Terrorism/WMD Czar: Gary Samore.
7. Health Care Czar: Nancy-Ann DeParle.
8. Education Czar: Not appointed yet.
9. Economic Czar: Paul Volcker.
10. Mortgage Czar: Not appointed yet.
11. Urban Affairs/Housing Czar: Adolfo Carrion.
12. Guantanomo closure Czar: Danny Fried.
13. Great lakes Czar: Cameron Davis.
14. Stimulus accountability Czar: Earl Devaney.
15. Cyberspace Czar: Not appointed yet.
16. Border Czar: Alan Bersin (Former US attorney).
17. Intelligence Czar: Admiral Dennis Blair.
18. Regulatory Czar: Cass Sunstein.
19. Pay Czar: Kenneth Feinberg.
20. Iran Czar: Not appointed yet.
21. Tarp Czar: Herb Allison.
22. Middle-East peace Czar: George Mitchell.
23. Science Czar: John Holdren.
24. Green jobs Czar: Van Jones.
25. Afghanistan Czar: Richard Holbrooke.
26. Sudan Czar: J. Scott Gration.
27. Mideast policy Czar: Dennis Ross.
28. Information Czar: Vivek Kundra.
29. AIDS Czar: Jeffrey Crowley.
30. Faith-based Czar: Joshua Dubois.
31. Climate Czar: Todd Stern.

Sen. Robert Byrd (D-W.Va.), the longest-serving Democratic senator, criticized President Obama's appointment of White House "czars" to oversee federal policy, saying these executive positions amount to a power grab by the executive branch. In a letter to Obama, Byrd complained about his decision to create White House offices on health reform, urban affairs policy, and energy and climate change. Byrd said such positions "can threaten the Constitutional system of checks and balances. At the worst, White House staffs have taken direction and control of programmatic areas that are the statutory responsibility of Senate-confirmed officials." (Politico.com, 02-25-09. Byrd: Obama in power grab.)

I disagreed with many of the Bush policies, yet the "dictatorship of the last eight years" had nothing like this.
supporter
Ricardo:

"Czar" is just a word. Nothing to be afraid of.

Why don't you use your limited Google skills to find out how many czars were created by the Bush administration?

BTW, you're a moran birther. Have a nice day!
supporter
One word for you Richard.....BALONEY!!!

Unless and until Obama pulls the crap that Bush did, it isn't even a contest...and I am referring to attacking the wrong country after 9/11...all in the name of oil...he was just looking for an excuse to get it...and he did..at the cost of many of our boys lives...there is no excuse for that...and there never will be....
Unless and until Obama pulls the crap that Bush did...

Surely you don't mean the very same policies that Obama is happily continuing do you?
supporter
Obama isn't continuing the same policies, merely trying to resolve the crap that Bush started...It isn't easy when your administration follows that of idiots..
Obama isn't continuing the same policies

Oh really?

Obama Administration Embraces Bush Position on Warrantless Wiretapping and Secrecy
http://www.uslaw.com/libr...tem=434748
supporter
Richard,

That list of 'czars' sounds a lot like a roster of executive vice-presidents at a major corporation. The boards of those corporations wouldn't waste their time reviewing the qualifications of the people hired to fill those executive positions. That's why they hire the PRESIDENT of the company - to manage such tasks necessary to execute (hence "executive") the policies of the company.

Personally, I would hate to see the congressional calendars bogged down with considerations of these important but definitely mid-tier positions. And given the backlog of getting congressional approval of federal judges, I doubt Congress would be able to handle such a task in a timely fashion. Thus progress would be thwarted and the wheels of government would come to a grinding halt.

Or is that exactly the outcome you have in mind?

[This message has been edited by Steve Craddock (8/6/2009)]
supporter
Or liberty loving people can solve their own problems without relying on the government.

Howdy: It is interesting how Obama has closed Gitomo but the prisoners are still there, ended the Iraq war but the troops are not home, stated that the war on terror is over but we are still in Afghanistan, ended the recession but in the latest report a 500, 000 people lost there jobs... etc.

Bush was not the best President, but we've done gone from bad to worse. Bush acted largely out of ignorance, Obama's actions are very intentional.

supporter
Focus on bulls**t.

But the bulls**ts all coming from your team, Brian.

The Republicans don't even have a team anymore. (Note today's vote on Sotomeyor). The good part is that the masses are becoming aware that Obama can lie out of both sides of his face at the same time; better than Lyndon Johnson, Jimmy Carter and William Jefferson Clintoon.

Now that's a World Class accomplishment in so little time!

The problem for the Democrats is that Obama's dumber than a rock by focusing solely on his Marxist agenda. The Great "Uniter" has been running a bluff and is getting called on his s**t after only 6 months. That's why the people are mad as hell and are starting to raise a stink in the town halls and in the streets.

I don't know who the hell you're talking to, but the most of the folks I have contact with (R's, D's and I's) are pissed at YOUR guy. The blame Bush crap ain't cutting it anymore. Bush started this mess when he quit being a fiscal conservative (if he ever was one), but he's yesterday's news.

Take a poll down there at the cop shop and see how your guy is doing. I'm guessing you already know but you might want to actually listen to the opinions of someone else besides the MC.com short bus choir and the voices in your head for a change.

If you think its going to get any better for team Obama, dream on. When the taxes start kicking in and the jobs aren't there, this is going to get ugly for everybody.
If you think its going to get any better for team Obama, dream on. When the taxes start kicking in and the jobs aren't there, this is going to get ugly for everybody.

I'll take that bet. What's your wager?
What's your wager?

I have some suggestions.

For Brian:

1. Brian must drink a case of some other flavor of Mountain Dew.

2. Brian must be photographed in a New York Yankees hat.

For Jim:

1. Jim must be photographed wearing a t-shirt with the famous Obama "Hope" poster on it.

2. Jim must be a regular DAILY contributer to MilesCity.com for a period of 1 month and not "David Blane" himself away for weeks on end.

[This message has been edited by Kyle L. Varnell (8/6/2009)]
2. Jim must be a regular DAILY contributer to MilesCity.com for a period of 1 month and not "David Blane" himself away for weeks on end.

That would hardly feel like victory for me, Kyle.
Perhaps not Brian, but it would be amusing to read his posts knowing he'd rather be elsewhere.
all in the name of oil...he was just looking for an excuse to get it

Howdy, not to be rude here but if you're going to make that argument you need to back it up with evidence so I ask you (or anybody else here) the following question.

If the Iraqi war was "All in the name of oil", then where is all of that mythical oil being kept?

Incidentally this is a question I have yet to hear answered in all seriousness.
Perhaps not Brian, but it would be amusing to read his posts knowing he'd rather be elsewhere.

That's not his style, I'm afraid. He doesn't owe anyone anything and he'll be damned if he does anything he doesn't want to do. He's said as much on numerous occasions.
supporter
2. Brian must be photographed in a New York Yankees hat.

Very tempting.......

This would be at least as agonizing as having to put on an Obama "Hope" t-shirt.

The up-side is, I don't think the t-shirt photo would be nearly as psychologically scaring as the taint of the hated Yankees......

Obama is on his way to becoming a footnote in history......The Yankees are forever....
So what say you, Jimbo? Are you game?
This could be interesting.......
Jimbo put "taint" and "Yankees" in the same sentence.

Best thing you've ever posted, Jimbo. Kudos.
supporter
Looks like Bridgier found a job writing "How to Spot Astroturf" articles for Iowahawk.

http://iowahawk.typepad.c...ators.html

Please study the following photos:

Here we see typical everyday hometown American citizens freely expressing their spontaneous health care opinions in an uncoordinated manner. Note the fine grassroots sanserif display font typography of their signs, spontaneously designed for maximum television legibility. Note that these citizens have coincidentally chosen their signage to color-match with their t-shirts. This will help independent grassroots organization leaders locate the citizens to distribute town hall seat assignments and bus departure schedules. You may also note that these hometown neighbors are carrying spontaneous chant cards.

Truly, this is Democracy in action. By contrast, let's look at this set of photos:

Behold the face of infiltrators and saboteurs, citizen! Look at the surly anti-American anger and carefully practiced dishevelment. Note that their signs are scrawled, fiendishly tricking cameramen into closeups. All are expertly handmade, an expensive graphic design luxury only affordable to their puppet masters in the drug and insurance cartels. Note these mobs are so well paid for their agitation that they actually arrived in their own cars and expensive non-matching t-shirts. Fishy? You bet! Report them at once!

[This message has been edited by Rick Kuchynka (8/7/2009)]
Posted by Bob Netherton (+1886) 12 years ago
What? No swastikas?!
supporter
Ewwww. Pelositurf. Double-sad.
supporter
It pains me to say this:
:swallowhard:
I - agree - with - Rick - on - this - one.

The strategy of demonizing the dissenters is going to backfire - you can bet on it. Whoever got paid for the advice that led to this approach needs to be sent to a closet and never listened to again.

For eight years I had my patriotism questioned by the dominant party because I opposed their policies. I am NOT pleased to see those those same dirty tricks being employed today by those I voted for and support politically.

There are legitimate, simple and honorable ways of dealing with disruptive persons at public gatherings. We in the Democratic Party need to let our leaders know that what they are doing is not honorable - it's childish and it will prove costly in the long run.
Obama will be in Bozeman next week. I can tell the opposition will be totally spontaneous, with no input from an political organization.

http://www.missoulian.com...news02.txt

I see Jake Eaton, former denizen of Miles City and well known GOP douche-bag is doing the organizing. I think Rick was trying to illustrate the spontaneous nature of the opposition's protests, was he not?

[This message has been edited by Bob Netherton (8/8/2009)]
supporter
Isn't Jake the guy who tried to purge all the absentee voters from the rolls of heavily Democratic counties?

If he'd been successful, thousands of active-duty sailors, soldiers and Marines would have been unable to vote in an election in a democratic nation that they were risking life and limb to defend?

Seems to me instead of being a paid "community organizer" (isn't that something only Democrats do?), he should be paying his debt to society behind bars.

Just sayin...
supporter
Bob, that's pretty rich considering that pretty much the only thing Obama's focusing on at this point is turning out his old campaign machine and SEIU goons to go to these events.

http://www.barackobama.co...ut_ofa.php

Community Organizin' used to be the Democrats' Eighth Sacred Virtue. Funny how many of those principles only work one way.
supporter
So what say you, Jimbo? Are you game?

Game? Hell yeah.

What determines the winner, though? Dems picking up more seats next year? Swat teams bashing blue-hairs in the streets?

Somebody (besides you or me) has to come up with a mutually agreeable yardstick...
Rick. You attempted to paint the opposition to reform as some sort of spontaneous grassroots ground swell when it is obvious by the article I posted this is NOTHING near the truth. Those in favor of reform are organized, I don't deny it. I guess because they have prettier signs that means they should not be heard.

"Its official. Dissent is no longer patriotic" is about as idiotically hypocritical as you can get. I don't mind the people holding signs so much, its the disruption of town hall meetings meant to totally prevent any logical exchange of ideas that I don't buy.
Posted by Ty Livingston (+35) 12 years ago
Rick, please stop embarrassing yourself. You've taken several different horrfying RIGHT WING movements and used them to disparage the first real president we've had since King Goerge the Retarded. The fact is the .5% of the people with money and power are using the greedy and gullible to do their bidding as obedient little meat puppets. It's horrifying and shameful.
What determines the winner, though? Dems picking up more seats next year?

I didn't realize there were any more seats for the Dems to pick up.

(See, that's a joke, Jimbo. I am well aware that Republicans still hold seats in Congress ... it's just that they're so few and far between that they're easily overlooked. Kind of like weeds in a cornfield.)

You've already established the terms, Jimbo. I say if President Obama is reelected, he will have made a bigger name for himself than "becoming a footnote in history."

I'd hate to think you'd let your bravado evaporate by running away from your own bold statement, Jimbo.
Posted by jkeith (+63) 12 years ago
Here is what some of the rest of the world is saying about the good old USA they may have it right for once. and yes I can cut and paste

this was Checked this out on Snopes and it is a True copy of an editorial that
appeared in Russia's newspaper, Pravda
<http://www.snopes..com/politics/soapbox/pravda.asp>
http://www.snopes..com/politics/soapbox/pravda.asp" relofollow
<http://www.snopes.com/politics/soapbox/pravda.asp>
target=_blank><http://www.snopes.com/politics/soapbox/pravda.asp>
The irony of this article appearing in the English edition of Pravda defies
description.

American capitalism gone with a whimper

It must be said, that like the breaking of a great dam, the American descent
into Marxism is happening with breath taking speed, against the back drop of a
passive, hapless sheeple, excuse me dear reader, I meant people.
True, the situation has been well prepared on and off for the past century,
especially the past twenty years. The initial testing grounds was conducted upon
our Holy Russia and a bloody test it was. But we Russians would not just roll
over and give up our freedoms and our souls, no matter how much money Wall
Street poured into the fists of the Marxists.
Those lessons were taken and used to properly prepare the American populace for
the surrender of their freedoms and souls, to the whims of their elites and
betters.
First, the population was dumbed down through a politicized and substandard
education system based on pop culture, rather then the classics. Americans know
more about their favorite TV dramas then the drama in DC that directly affects
their lives. They care more for their "right" to choke down a McDonalds burger
or a Burger King burger than for their constitutional rights. Then they turn
around and lecture us about our rights and about our "democracy". Pride blind
the foolish.
Then their faith in God has been destroyed, until their churches, all tens of
thousands of different "branches and denominations" were for the most part
little more then Sunday circuses and their televangelists and top protestant
mega preachers were more then happy to sell out their souls and flocks to be on
the "winning" side of one pseudo Marxist politician or another. Their flocks may
complain, but when explained that they would be on the "winning" side, their
flocks were ever so quick to reject Christ in hopes for earthly power. Even our
Holy Orthodox churches are scandalously liberalized in America ..
The final collapse has come with the election of Barack Obama. His speed in the
past three months has been truly impressive. His spending and money printing has
been a record setting, not just in America 's short history but in the world. If
this keeps up for more then another year, and there is no sign that it will not,
America at best will resemble the Wiemar Republic and at worst Zimbabwe.
These past two weeks have been the most breath taking of all. First came the
announcement of a planned redesign of the American Byzantine tax system, by the
very thieves who used it to bankroll their thefts, loses and swindles of
hundreds of billions of dollars. These make our Russian oligarchs look little
more then ordinary street thugs, in comparison. Yes, the Americans have beat our
own thieves in the shear volumes. Should we congratulate them?
These men, of course, are not an elected panel but made up of appointees picked
from the very financial oligarchs and their henchmen who are now gorging
themselves on trillions of American dollars, in one bailout after another. They
are also usurping the rights, duties and powers of the American congress
(parliament). Again, congress has put up little more then a whimper to their
masters.
Then came Barack Obama's command that GM's (General Motor) president step down
from leadership of his company. That is correct, dear reader,in the land of
"pure" free markets, the American president now has the power, the self given
power, to fire CEOs and we can assume other employees of private companies, at
will. Come hither, go dither, the centurion commands his minions.
So it should be no surprise, that the American president has followed this up
with a "bold" move of declaring that he and another group of unelected, chosen
stooges will now redesign the entire automotive industry and will even be the
guarantee of automobile policies. I am sure that if given the chance, they would
happily try and redesign it for the whole of the world, too. Prime Minister
Putin, less then two months ago, warned Obama and UK 's Blair, not to follow the
path to Marxism, it only leads to disaster. Apparently, even though we suffered
70 years of this Western sponsored horror show, we know nothing, as foolish,
drunken Russians, so let our "wise" Anglo-Saxon fools find out the folly of
their own pride.
Again, the apathetic American public has taken this, like sheep being led to
slaughter, with barely a whimper...but a "freeman" whimper.
So, should it be any surprise to discover thatthe Democratically controlled
Congressof America is working on passing a new regulation that would give the
American Treasury department the power to set "fair" maximum salaries, evaluate
performance and control how private companies give out pay raises and bonuses?
Senator Barney Franks, a social pervert basking in his homosexuality(of course,
amongst the modern, enlightened American societal norm, as well as that of the
general West, homosexuality is not only not a looked down upon life choice, but
is often praised as a virtue)and his Marxist enlightenment, has led this effort.
He stresses that this only affects companies that receive government monies, but
it is retroactive and taken to a logical extreme, this would include any company
or industry that has ever received a tax break or incentive.
The Russian owners of American companies and industries should look thoughtfully
at this and the option of closing their facilities down and fleeing the land of
the Red as fast as possible.. In other words, divest while there is still value
left. The proud American will go down into his slavery with out a fight,
beating his chest and proclaiming to the world, how free he really is. The world
will only snicker.
Stanislav Mishin?1999-2009. "PRAVDA.Ru" . When reproducing our materials in whole
or in part, hyperlink to PRAVDA.Ru should be made. The opinions and views of the
authors do not always coincide with the point of view of PRAVDA.Ru's editors.
supporter
This is not your father's PRAVDA. The old "official" voice of Moscow is no more. The new PRAVDA is the equivalent of the World Daily News and the like.
Posted by Derf Bergman (+589) 12 years ago
Here is what some of the rest of the world is saying about the good old USA

Uh, don't you mean "I looked long and hard and finally found something written by one individual for a Soviet tabloid called Pravda (not the official voice of the Communist Party that shut down in 1991) that upholds some of my politics, prejudices, and phobias?"

[This message has been edited by Derf Bergman (8/8/2009)]
supporter
"Its official. Dissent is no longer patriotic" is about as idiotically hypocritical as you can get.

You need to watch the video I posted at the beginning, Bob. Product of the DNC directly. And realize many of the more testy exchanges during town halls have come from representatives who've attempted to Obamafy their 'town hall' meetings by preselecting questions and questioners, and locking out the real questions most people are asking themselves. Or in other cases, they've tried to stock the crowd with friendlies and shut out any dissenters.

My exception with the use of the term 'astroturfing' is that in reality, we're just starting to learn a practice that people on your side of the aisle have been busy perfecting for years. The biggest problem is that the scale of it is frightening the new ruling class. So now they want to centrally track their dissenters via whitehouse.gov. Scary to think about.
"Or in other cases, they've tried to stock the crowd with friendlies and shut out any dissenters."

That really makes me laugh, Rick. The GOP and Shrubzilla would never do anything so cowardly!
supporter
I'm sure they have. But then again, when you start talking about stepping between a person and their doctor, things can get a little more heated.
As things are now, too many people don't have a doctor.
supporter
As things are now, too many people don't have a doctor.

Your right Bob. And a lot of them are currently on Medicare. Many doctors in Nevada are refusing to take Medicare patients because of the payment doesn't cover the office costs to process the paperwork.

I'm sure that will all get better though when Obamacare forces 300 million patients on a finite number of medical practitioners.
Well gosh, Jim. I guess its all perfect already.