Where to Lunch In Glendive
founder
Posted by Johnnie Lockett Thomas (+398) 14 years ago
I am presenting the story of 'Big Nose George' Parrott at the Senior Center in Glendive at 2 p.m on Sunday. Can anyone recommend a particularly good place to have lunch?

Johnnie Lockett Thomas

[This message has been edited by Johnnie Lockett Thomas (edited 4/5/2005).]
Posted by JB (+115) 14 years ago
GREGS SLIVER DOLLAR HAS GOOD FOOD
Posted by Cassie Kercheval (+11) 14 years ago
If Frosty's is still open they have the BEST hamburgers in eastern Montana !!!! My parents visiting from Ore. had to make a special trip to Frosty's just for a burger. They have the ONLY shrimp burger I have found in Eastern MT. They do close during the winter and I dont know if they are open for the season yet. IT IS WELL WORTH THE TRIP. Homemade milk shakes are also a MUST !!!
Posted by Cinda C (+88) 14 years ago
Gust-Hauf's has a wonderful phyilly cheese steak sandwich, the Beer Jug has a killer brautwurst. Those are the only places I know of. Good Luck!
Posted by Sharon Clarke (+77) 14 years ago
There is a little gift shop that has a soup and sandwich joint in it that's about two blocks from the Stockman Bank. I wish I could remember the name of it off hand. It serves the most incredible cream of artichoke soup I've ever tasted. I kid you not!
founder
Thank you all for your suggestions.

As it turns out, a local businessman owns a restaurant in Glendive called The Maddhatter. It offers a very extensive and varied menu of foods and wines; a non-smoking environment and a tree shaded dining veranda as well. Sounds perfect for a Sunday afternoon.

JLT
Posted by kate scotty (+33) 14 years ago
I like eating Oyster Stew at CC's and eating at the Trailstar on Hwy 16. in Glendive.
founder
supporter
Posted by Amorette Allison (+9770) 14 years ago
I assume you weren't on the tree-shaded veranda when we drove by today. In two weeks, I have to go back to Glendive to train the new employee--who we hope will be able to work--and I plan to spend some time, do some shopping and eat at the Madd Hatter's.

Amorette
founder
The trip was spectacular. Instead of eating lunch upon our arrival we found our venue and opted for coffee and tea at the nearby Jordan Hotel. I meant to have stolen some of the cookies and brownines after the presentation, but there were wonderful people who had gret questions and comments.

Afterward, we had lunch at Maddhatters. The food was both great and and affordable. There were lots of non-dairy dishes for me. Beth ordered a dish with potato chips - made in the house, warm from the stove. Oh my goodness, it was an out-of-body experience. The service was prompt, friendly, efficient and unhurried. And, of course Amorette we did not eat on the veranda.It was chilly. We chose the non-smoking section at the front of the building.

The three of us highly recommend it.

Johnnie Lockett Thomas

[This message has been edited by Johnnie Lockett Thomas (edited 4/10/2005).]
founder
supporter
Posted by Amorette Allison (+9770) 14 years ago
The freshlymade potato chips were excellent and I enjoyed the deep fried battered stuffed olives I got to further fatten myself up. The gyro itself wasn't great but I did like the chips.

Amorette