This Just Sucks
Posted by Kyle L. Varnell (+3745) 12 years ago
I woke up this morning and tried to fire up my MBP and the power comes on but not the screen. I take in to my local Apple store and come to find out that the graphics card went kaput. This sucks. I'll be without my beloved MacBook Pro and on my Dell (ugh) for a couple days.

To reiterate, this just sucks.
supporter
Posted by howdy (+4943) 12 years ago
Since all I have is a Dell, I can't feel your pain...Sorry kiddo..
Trust me Howdy, if you had a Mac then you'd know how much I'm suffering without it.
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+17318) 12 years ago
Is this going to impact your ability to surf for Obama teleprompter images?
Nope! I can search for the TOTUS on my iPhone as well Gunnar
supporter
Posted by Buck Showalter (+4460) 12 years ago
Gee, if you had a PC, you could just open it up and pop in a new one. Course if it were a notebook, you'd be hosed, but probably out half as much $$$.
Actually Buck, with as much trouble as my PC has given me this little setback is MINOR. I've had it for nearly 2 years and this is the first time something's gone wrong with my MBP.

Conversly, my Dell has crashed a number of times and it keeps showing these cryptic error messages that I have no clue what they mean.

Also it was nice to take in my MBP and speak to somebody to whom English is not a second language as opposed to calling Dell's "Customer Service" line (or virtually any pc maker's service line for that matter) and getting routed to Bombay, India.

[This message has been edited by Kyle L. Varnell (7/17/2009)]
supporter
Posted by Levi Forman (+3712) 12 years ago
My gateway laptop is still going strong after being turned on basically 24-7 for the last 6 years or so.
supporter
Posted by howdy (+4943) 12 years ago
I heard that Gateway went out of business...Don't know if it is true but in Newell South Dakota, they had to discontinue the laptop program for the highschool as they had no more parts for the lap tops (Gateway) which was really a shame..
Now my Dell is belly-up. Arggg! I started it up and got the "Blue Screen of Death".

Horsefeathers.
Posted by Donna Kingsley Coffeen (+398) 12 years ago
I use only MACs if possible. I want one at work, but cannot convince them there.
supporter
Posted by Buck Showalter (+4460) 12 years ago
Boot in Safe Mode, Kyle and post your event log errors. At least a BSOD can be handled.
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr (+14950) 12 years ago
Don't you have a "farmer transformer" that can be contorted into a Dell. You know, the farmer in the dell, the farmer in the dell, hi ho the dairy-o the farmers in the dell.

(yeah this stuff just comes to me.)

Maybe your transformer buddy, Brian, can help you.

[This message has been edited by Richard Bonine, Jr (7/17/2009)]
YES!!! Just like that old Aerosmith song I'm back in the saddle again! That was some great customer service today. I took it in at 9:30 this morning and just got it back, fixed and ready to impart my wisdom upon the masses.

Seriously though until today I never really realized just how much I rely on the web for my schooling and whatnot.