Dessert and a Murder- Barn Players Inc. Tickets Available
supporter
sponsor
Posted by Hannah Nash (+2541) 12 years ago
Tickets for the upcoming Barn Players, Inc. production of, "A Sweet Slice of Death" are now available.

You are invited to be a guest at the birthday party of business mogul Isaiah Hardhardt, founder of Hardtstrings Playground Equipment Company. During the evening, something unexpected may happen! Gourmet desserts, punch and coffee are catered by Roadrunner Catering, and are included in the ticket price.

The party takes place July 17, 18, 24, and 25, at 7:00pm in Miles Community College room 106. Tickets are $8 and are available by calling 951-0560.

Tickets are limited, are available only by reservation, and will not be available at the door.

This Barn Players, Inc. production is sponsored by Miles Community College and Frank's Body Shop and Towing.
supporter
Posted by howdy (+4949) 12 years ago
Sounds great... can one get tickets at Franks Body??
supporter
sponsor
I'm sorry, but Frank's Body Shop is not handling any of the ticket sales. Please let us know if you would like to purchase tickets for the show by calling 951-0560. Tickets can be reserved. Thank You!
supporter
Ok I will know next week and will give a call...thanks..
supporter
Posted by Tim Miles (+470) 12 years ago
tap
Posted by RA (+642) 12 years ago
Sounds like fun!!!!
supporter
sponsor
Tickets are going for all four shows rapidly!

If you are interested in attending, please do not wait til the last minute to get your tickets.

Tickets can either be purchased in advanced, or reserved in advance!

Our caterer released this list of desserts:
Cream puffs
Variety of mini cheesecakes
Chocolate delight
Lemonade pie
Mom's Applesauce Cake
Orange Chiffon Cake
Banana Split Cake
Banana Cream Brownies
Margarita Pie

The desserts and refreshments are included in the ticket price, so have dinner beforehand, but remember to leave lots of room.

"A Sweet Slice of Death" is an interactive mystery, and suitable for the family (younger children may be slightly bored with the dialogue, but intrigued by the desserts!).
Posted by Steve Allison (+975) 12 years ago
I was at the dress rehearsal last night and this will be a fun evening for those attending. Your seat is on the stage, the play takes place around you, you may be asked to give testimony and you get tasty treats. So if your looking to attend a birthday party with a murderous twist call now.
supporter
Really looking forward to going to it...
supporter
sponsor
Calls have been coming in, and tickets are being reserved!

I have a few more for this weekend, but the number is dwindling. Please make your reservations sooner vs later, we would not want to leave anyone out! If you have any questions, do not hesitate to call me.

Looking forward to this evening's performance: I'm there, but it won't be me that you see!
Posted by Little Chick (+57) 12 years ago
This was a great show. If tickets are still available I would recommend that folks check it out but pay attention to detail as you can help solve the crime.
Thank you Barn Players for a GREAT World Premiere of this play!! Congratulations to the local playwright, R. D. Gerber, on a refreshing (and changing) plot!
Posted by Beth R. Riggs (+301) 12 years ago
Fun show. Robin did a creative job pulling together the plot. I'm waiting for one of the guests to be voted in as the murderer and see how the actors resolve that one.
Posted by A S Miles (+85) 12 years ago
Thanks for the nice reviews. We had fun and were surprised both nights by who got arrested. I can't wait to see who it is next weekend! Personally I think I know who it is but I'll leave it to the audience.
I read through the list of desserts offered.....am wondering if the audience enjoyed the desserts.....and which dessert was the 'crowd favorite'???????
Posted by Beth R. Riggs (+301) 12 years ago
the desserts were yummy. At our table the brownie with the whip cream and bananas on top was the favortie.
Posted by Little Chick (+57) 12 years ago
I didn't think the desserts lived up to the "Gourmet desserts" as advertised, they just seemed like things I would make in my own kitchen but with whip cream on top. Of course the night I went they didn't serve my favorites cheesecake or cream puffs but several of the others listed. Overall it didn't matter that the desserts were so-so because the play was really good.
Hannah:

Are there tickets still available for the performances this weekend?? (July 24 & 25)
supporter
sponsor
Yes. Friday is down to the wire, but there are still a few for Saturday if you would like some.

Just let me know!
Thanks Hannah..........

Friends were interested in Friday's performance.....guess they will have to be 'a little quicker on the draw' next time!!!!

Good luck tonight....and 'break a leg'.
supporter
Saw the performance on Friday night...excellent..Please post future plays on here so that we can attend..thanks...