Gayle Brewster (Bower)
Posted by Linda L. (+78) 10 years ago
I am deeply saddened to have heard and have now to pass on that Gayle Brewster (Bower), formerly of Kinsey, has passed away.

Gayle may have been a rather unorthodox individual in many respects, but she was the same person, through and through for all of the 20 years that I had the pleasure of calling her "friend."

I will miss her greatly.

Please remember her two sons, two daughters, and numerous grandchildren in their time of grief.

Posted by Matt Schmitz (+406) 10 years ago
According to the evening news here in Bozeman tonight, Gayle is still missing. Lots of law enforcement activity at her place today, but no definitive word as of news time this evening. I hope all is well with Gayle. I've run into her several times over the years here in Bozeman, and found her to be as delightful as ever. A bit quirky perhaps, but a pleasure to chat with, each and every time I saw her.
Posted by KC (+20) 10 years ago
from today's Bozeman paper:

Missing Three Forks woman's ashes found in burn barrel

By JODI HAUSEN Chronicle Staff Writer

A 37-year-old Three Forks man is facing murder charges after a woman's charred remains were found in a burn barrel outside the home they shared.

Jay J. Myran, 37, told Gallatin County detectives that Gayle Brewster, 53, put a shotgun in her mouth while he had his finger on the trigger and it went off.

Brewster, who had been missing since May 12, had been living with Myran and his 14-year-old son in a rented trailer at 3155 Pyfer Road, according to court documents. Myran was her ex-boyfriend.

A county search-and-rescue team found the ashes of a human body in a burn barrel outside the trailer Saturday, according to the documents. Metal screws and a surgical plate attached to an ankle bone found in the ashes appeared to be Brewster's. A shotgun shell was also found among the ashes.

When detectives questioned Myran Tuesday in Billings, he told them he had been planning to shoot rabbits with a .410-guage shotgun. He was in their trailer when "Brewster came up to him and grabbed the shotgun barrel and placed (it) in her mouth."

Myran had his finger on the trigger and it went off, he told them.

Myran will be charged with deliberate homicide and tampering with evidence at an 11 a.m. hearing in Gallatin County Justice Court.
supporter
Posted by Bridgier (+8297) 10 years ago
Alibi: MASSIVE FAIL
Posted by Levi and Destiny (+172) 10 years ago
RIP!!! GAYLE, thoughts n prayers to Jen and her family!!!
Posted by Matt Schmitz (+406) 10 years ago
That just sucks.
supporter
Posted by Wendy Wilson (+6169) 10 years ago
I hope someone gets that 14 year away from his dad ASAP and get him some counselling. What a horrible story.
Posted by milagros (+41) 10 years ago
RIP Gayle (aka Karen)...you will be fondly remembered from the early 1970's when you arrived in Miles City. We spent alot of time together before going our separate ways. I regret the manner of your passing....it is certainly not something anyone should have to experience.
Posted by Curly (+12) 10 years ago
Please see the post in loving memory for all those who knew her thank you