founder
Posted by Chad (+1766) 14 years ago
Anyone know anything about the Camelot Club and whether or not it's going to come into existance? Any idea about the menu, an opening date, etc.???
founder
Posted by David Schott (+14252) 14 years ago
I was under the impression that a group of people who hold the liquor license from the former "Jewel's Steakhouse" filed an application (with the state liquor control board?) stating their intent to use the liquor license at a business to be called the "Camelot Club". However, their true desire is to sell the license to someone else for use in Miles City. Apparently they risk losing the license to some other community if they don't have a plan in place to use the license in Miles City.

Montana has some very goofy liquor laws that cause people to do some very strange things in an effort to protect their investment.

- Dave
Posted by Amy Pelletier-Pontius (+28) 14 years ago
What happened to Jewels anyway?
founder
Posted by Chad (+1766) 14 years ago
Jewels = bankruptcy
supporter
Posted by Bob L. (+5040) 14 years ago
The buyers paid WAAAAAAYYYYYYY too much for the business...

I always wondered how she'd be able to cash flow that bad boy.

Sorry to hear about the demise of Jewels.
founder
supporter
Posted by Amorette Allison (+9770) 14 years ago
The food the two times we ate there was not great, either. Good restaurants are scarce in this here neck o' the woods.

Wasn't there a Camelot Lounge way back in the seventies, when I was a young'un?

Amorette
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr (+14076) 14 years ago
Yes there was. I think it was in the old interstate Exxon building across the street from Gallaghers.

[This message has been edited by Richard Bonine, Jr (edited 3/4/2005).]
founder
Posted by Pete Petro (+284) 14 years ago
Then didn't it move into a location between the Ingham Hotel and the old Miles City Bank across 6th. Street from the 600? Evelyn Parent had it in the Exxon building, but I don't know if she had it downtown,although I do know that Shirley Gibson was the downtown bartender.