Posted by Barbara J Ashley (+46) 17 years ago
If you were watching of oscars last eveing you may have hear the person who accepted the oscer for sound editing for RAY thank Aaron Zeller.
That is Aaron Zeller graduate from CCDHS 1996. Currently living in Berlin
supporter
Posted by Dona Stebbins (+825) 17 years ago
I watched the Oscars - just couldn't get past a group of the tackiest dresses I've ever seen! What was Melanie Griffith thinking???!!! Hillary looked good, but the yellow thing Cate Blanchett wore put the UG in ugly - and what was Scarlett Johansen's hair about? Oh...maybe frizzy mohawks are back!
Aaron Zeller is to be congratulated! MC rocks - too bad Rock didn't, although I did enjoy his comments about the Gap and Banana Republic.
founder
supporter
Posted by Amorette Allison (+11978) 17 years ago
Holy crap. I didn't watch the Oscars but what does Aaron Zeller do?

Amorette
Posted by Jeremy Orthman (+441) 17 years ago
Holy cow, I grew up with Aaron and we played together as kids. Whats he doing and where is he?
supporter
Posted by Van (+564) 17 years ago
The Oscar was for best Sound Mixing.
Posted by Barbara J Ashley (+46) 17 years ago
Aaron is living in Berlin. He is currently scheduled to begin work on sound utility for the newest Lindsey Lohan film Just My Luck.
He is also working on a film entitled Last Holiday. I have little information on that. Upon completing work on Ray he also toured with the Fantomas which is headed by former Faith No More lead singer Mike Patton. I visited Aaron in Berlin and Barcelona in June along with my brother Mat. That is when I learned of his involment in the preceding projects.

Spencer Ashley
supporter
Posted by Denise Selk (+1665) 17 years ago
Congratulations to Aaron. That is fantastic!
Posted by J. Dyba (+1345) 17 years ago
Haha I remember slacking off in art class talking about Nirvana with Ashley and Aaron. He was such a layed back slacker. Glad to hear he is doing well.
Posted by pulmonade (+118) 17 years ago
Aaron G. Zeller, sculptor of dreams and manipulator of static was born and raised in Miles City, and was later in life borne on a dream that took him to Berlin Germany in search of "Blind Sound." A savvy entrepenuer at an early age, he had amassed a small fortune crafting the now famous "Montana Turd Bird." His scatty rendition of the Queen of England lassoing her domain, donning a ten gallon hat won him world wide acclaim, and an invitation for an expose in Berlin's Kopenick Museum of Decorative Arts. Never losing sight of his goal of unearthing blind sound, he grabbed a microphone, and in contempt of every immutable law of physics and dynamics, nay, every social or scientific more, nay common sense, he blindfolded it. The man, genius or mistakably genius due to his eccentricity had created blind sound. It's not everyday that the concept of sound is revolutionized, and as you can imagine, his brainchild was gazed upon with copious criticism and skepticism. "Pfshh." is all Aaron had to say to his detractors. "Anti-Christ" they would shout behind the menagerie of flying melons, pickets, rocks or any other object light enough to hurl. He was driven into a corner with despair to one side, and utter seclusion to the other. He was just about to decide to quit answering his phone when he received a call from director Taylor Hackford. "I'm doing this movie about Ray Charles, a blind man that made some killer sounds. Really kicked out the jams you know. He had the flow man. Anyway, in light of my lead actor's seeing capabilities, and my need for authentic replication of the the Ray-Man's blues, I want you to employ your "blind sound" on the set of my movie. I need to keep it real, you know. There's statues riding on this man. Gold Statues...You in?" Seeing an opportunity to bring his theories out of the darkness, Aaron set wing for New Orleans, LA. And what does he have to say to his detractors now? "Pishaw." Aaron G. Zeller, this generation's Tesla. I salute you.
Posted by Jeremy Orthman (+441) 17 years ago
ok, Aaron is that you????
supporter
Posted by Van (+564) 17 years ago
Zeke, Paul, Monty and Aaron. Congradulations Aaron I hope you reach all your dreams. Now you can go to your 10 year reunion and spit in the face of your detracters. Kinsey Kubbies!
Posted by Long Gone (+12) 15 years ago
Howdy there all you cowboys and cowgirls! WAY, WAY, WAY late on this one. I remember hearing about it when it was going on but I was too damn busy to reply to it. I am now too, but my moms convinced me to take the time and make a post. Moms! Anyone interested in knowing what's up with me, it would be my pleasure if you would email me:

thegearboxx at gmail.com

I'm now living in Berlin, Deutschland and in New Orleans. Los Angeles and NYC sometimes for work. Anyway, I'm a sound engineer for film and music and a musician as well. Life's been so busy it's unbelievable. I just wish I could find a way around eating and sleeping and I would get so much more done... and all you tweekers, don't even go there!

Gotta run...

Cheers und Schöne Grüße aus Berlin nach Montana,

Aaron