supporter
Posted by Steve Craddock (+2738) 13 years ago
This morning my two dogs took me on a walk by Bender Park along the Tongue River slough, and of course they had to drop in and pay their respects to their less fortunate brethren at the Miles City Animal Shelter.

I was amazed at the many FINE and very friendly dogs there waiting for good homes, among them:
- a beautiful and very sweet purebred female boxer
- a hound dog with a very soft bark and even softer eyes
- a large mixed breed adult dog with a beautiful bristol coat
- an absolutely adorable and super super sweet adolescent lab/bull terrier mix that will be a very large adult with a HUGE heart
- a sweet poodle/terrier mix (maybe) with curly black hair - very quiet and demure but not shy

If you need a best friend, there are several excellent candidates waiting to meet you!
Posted by JLB (+217) 13 years ago
what a great post!! Thanks for letting us know
Posted by snickers (+826) 13 years ago
Here is a link to the adoption dogs in Miles City. These are not at the pound but are being fostered
http://www.petfinder.com/...tion=59301
supporter
Excellent link, Snickers. Thanks for posting it. I salute all good people who devote significant amounts of their time and treasure to saving animals - but especially YOU. Please keep up the good work! :shininggoldstars: :bigredhearts:

I wish I could take the credit but Janet Young and family have been fostering most of the dogs along with other great people in town. I usually am busy with the other critters
supporter
Then HOORAY for Janet Young and her family --- but still for you, too.

Oh, one other thing. Where'd a nice girl like you find a couple of emoticons like that? Does your uncle know about this?
My uncles taught me everything I know
Posted by Brian A. Reed (+6115) 13 years ago
Awesome thread, Steve. You're a good man.
supporter
Hey Snickers - I think I recognize your Uncle 'D' -- he's the one at the left end of the bar, right?

Thx. Brian. If you had seen those pups, you'da done the same thing.
Posted by Brian A. Reed (+6115) 13 years ago
"You'da"

Love it.
Hey I have lots of uncles D____'s

Posted by Kacy (+160) 13 years ago
Thanks for the Message! I think the boxer belongs to my friend that lost her on Thursday. They're going to go see if it's her tomorrow. Thanks again and I hope those sweet animals find homes!
supporter
I figured the boxer belonged to someone. She's very sweet and in very fine condition.

The little black curly-coated dog probably belongs to someone, too. She's wearing a small pink collar. If that sounds like your dog or the dog of someone you know, she's patiently waiting to be picked up.

Honestly, all of the dogs looked like they should belong to someone. If they don't now, they sure should in the future. Each one was beautiful in its own unique way. And, as a dog owner my entire life, I along with millions of other dog owners can tell you with 100% certainty that they deserve the title Man's (or Woman's) Best Friend.
supporter
"Hey I have lots of uncles D____'s"

YOU know who I'm talkin' about! hehe

Which reminds me - one of the dogs at the pound has been recovering from severe abuse/neglect. If the previous owner's rights are terminated, that dog will be a super pet. I would have never guessed it had experienced so much trauma. It was a bit less confident than the other dogs there, but it was very sweet, licked my finger through the fence, and looks good and healthy now - NOTHING like it did in the photos when the poor thing was first discovered.

Again, a tip o' the hat to the Young family and other volunteers at the shelter, as well as to the City's animal control officer. It's gotta be a tough job to see so many animals in need and not be able to take ALL of them home with you.
Posted by Bob Netherton (+1887) 13 years ago
Maybe if some of the people that own rental property in Mils City......