Posted by Scott Hrubes (+1) 15 years ago
I grew up in Miles City, and when I graduated from CCDHS decided to move across the country to Phoenix, Arizona - to goto college, and ended up staying here. I am 31 now. My family had this -- tradition, I guess you would call it - that we would go

About once a month, when I am at a loss for what to make for dinner, I start to think of what options I have available here in this vast metropolis of fast food and restaurants, and time and time again I have this craving for a large Airport Inn Canadian Bacon and Black Olive Pizza smothered in their table katsup. I was a weird kid, what can I say. When I come home to visit my parents, I always am always the Pizza Nazi and make sure we at least eat there twice.

I am almost tempted to call the Airport Inn up, and see if they would whip me up a large Canadian Bacon and Black Olive Pizza with a side of their katsup, only cook it 1/2 way, put it in a bag, shove it in a fed ex overnight delivery package with some dry ice and ship it off to me! What an idea! Think they'd go for it?

It's one of the things I really miss from Miles City!
founder
supporter
Posted by Amorette Allison (+9778) 15 years ago
I love the way they cut their pizza. I know no one else who makes little square pieces.

As for the ketchup. . .I'll pass, thanks.

Amorette
Posted by Jeremy Orthman (+436) 15 years ago
One thing you will hardly ever find outside the Airport Inn, let alone Montana is Finger Steaks.
Posted by J. Dyba (+1340) 15 years ago
Yes, finding decent finger steaks anywhere else in the world seems a heroic task.
Posted by Janet K. Klein (+83) 15 years ago
Scott....I know that the Hills and the Pettigrews would probably be more than willing to ship a pizza to you....can only try!! They are wonderful people and they aim to please. The phone number is the same and most of the people working there are too!! Great atmosphere and the food is always good!

[This message has been edited by Janet K. Klein (edited 2/22/2005).]
Posted by RN (+4) 7 years ago
Hey Scott. Are you still out there?
Posted by Ang (+438) 7 years ago
[This message has been edited by Ang (10/28/2012)]
Posted by MeiMei (+170) 7 years ago
I am sad to report Scott Hrubes passed away a few years ago. He is missed by all who knew and loved him.
supporter
sponsor
Posted by Frank Hardy (+1425) 7 years ago
That's a shocking and very sad burst of mortality.

FH
Posted by Tim Wagoner (+749) 7 years ago
Found this:

Scott Michael Hrubes
Scott Michael Hrubes, 31, died in Phoenix, Ariz., on Saturday, Aug. 27, 2005, after a lengthy illness. His mother was able to be with him as he passed into the next life.
Mr. Hrubes was born at Vandenberg Air Force Base, Calif., on Oct. 12, 1973, the son of Arlan and Terry Hrubes.
The first years of his life were spent at Minot Air Force Base in North Dakota. He then moved with his parents to the Miles City area where he attended rural schools at Spring Creek, Hockett Basin and Kinsey. He graduated from Custer County District High School in 1992.
Mr. Hrubes moved to Phoenix and graduated from DeVry with a degree in computer technology. He went to work for Arizona State University where he kept all the dorm computers running for the students.
He enjoyed working with and teaching people about the wonders of a computer. He built computers for many of his relatives.
His survivors include his parents, Arlan and Terry Hrubes of Miles City; his sister, Julie of Billings; his brother, Steven of the family home; his grandparents, Lloyd and Sybil Eggum of Forsyth; numerous aunts, uncles and cousins; and many friends in Arizona.
He was preceded in death by his grandparents, John and Santa Hrubes.
A memorial service will be held on Saturday, Sept. 3, 2005, at 2 p.m. in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in Miles City.