Marinades for Summer BBQs
Posted by Bill Gierke (+85) 11 years ago
Share your culinary secrets for some fine BBQ marinades:

Here is mine. From my friends in Guam:

Based on 5 lbs of Korean Cut Beef Short Ribs.

3 cups low sodium soy sauce

1 1/2 cups fresh squeezed lemon juice

1 large onions, chopped

3-4 cloves minced garlic (adjust to taste)

3-4 medium serrano peppers chopped/diced (adjust to taste)

Marinate your product for about four hours.

Can be used for chicken as well.

Enjoy!

Bill
founder
supporter
sponsor
Posted by Hal Neumann (+9401) 11 years ago
Sounds good Bill.

Here's a method & recipe that I use once in a while:

http://www.milescity.com/...=all#45998
Posted by Bill Gierke (+85) 11 years ago
Hal,

Your brine is very similar to a brine I use to make sauerbraten. I will usually let a beef roast sit in the brine for three days and slow roast it in either the oven or on a BBQ grill with a cover. Once you remove the roast from the brine, use the brine to make your sauce. You must mix some good ginger snaps with the brine and simmer over low heat, at the end mix in some sour cream or heavy cream. I am hungry just thinking about it. This is best when it is cold outside and you need some good old fashioned German comfort food.

Bill
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+14074) 11 years ago
Here is a chipotle marinade recipe that works great with flank steak. Also can be used on London broil or Tri-Tip....any cut of beef that is meant to be sliced after cooking.

1/3 cup red wine vinegar
2 chipotles in adobo sauce
2 garlic cloves, coarsly chopped
1 tablespoon oregano
1 tsp dark brown sugar
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 cup olive oil.

Whirl all ingredients except the olive oil in a food processor to a paste. With the processor running, slowly add the olive oil, the marinade will thicken.

marinade a flank steak anywhere from 1 to 24 hours. Grill the flank steak 4 minutes per side over medium high heat, hopefully with lots of smoke from wood chips or chunks. Let it rest under tented aluminum foil for 5 minutes before slicing thinly.
Posted by Mrae2 (+91) 11 years ago
Bill - Could you share your recipe with us? Sounds delicious!