4th of July Parade time
founder
supporter
Posted by Tucker Bolton (+3677) 12 years ago
OK all, it is that time again and I say Hurray! Come one, come all and join us this Independence Day and strut your stuff.

Sign up forms will be available starting the end of next week at Great Grains Health Foods, 21 South 9th St. Yet again, there is no fee for your float, group, civic organization, band, pedal powered, four legged or motorized vehicle.

This year the Riverside Park will be filled with activities, music and games. If you would like to participate, join us and sign up early.
supporter
Posted by Art (+205) 12 years ago
Now that the BHS parade has passed for another year it is time to consider how you can participate in our 4th of July Parade. It's only about six weeks away so please plan to lend a hand.

The parade is a grass roots effort to celebrate the many diverse organizations that serve our community in many ways and especially our youth.

One of the great ways to enjoy a parade is to be in the parade. So won't you join your friends and neighbors? The more the merrier and let's all make merry.

And don't forget all the activities immediately after the parade in Riverside Park. Fun for the whole family.
founder
supporter
Posted by Gene Larson (+271) 12 years ago
Along with the great organizations taking part in the upcoming 4th of July parade, it's a parade of CHOICE! You can either WATCH the Parade or be IN it!! Think of it as the Parade OF, BY and FOR the people....a PEOPLE PARADE in the great tradition of the FOURTH OF JULY! Think what YOU'D like to do in the parade and GO FOR IT!! (See the details in Tucker's announcement above). Have the best patriotic fun of your life! Seeya there!
supporter
Posted by Ken Minow (+375) 12 years ago
Just don't enter if you have a loud,smelly truck or tractor or a construction company[see BHS parade thread]
Maybe I just don't remember correctly,but didn't the county fair used to have a lot more exhibits[especially homecooked,homegrown,etc.]? I'd rather see a too-long BHS parade than a too-short one.
Posted by Josh Rath (+2305) 12 years ago
Also, We will be streaming this LIVE on the web with the website to be known soon. Check back for more updates.

[This message has been edited by Josh Rath (5/27/2009)]
BUMP!
founder
supporter
Sign up early. This is our 6th year. Help us make it the biggest and best parade yet.
Burmph! *sorry, had alot of soda...*
Bump Bump Bump BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP!
supporter
Posted by Art (+205) 12 years ago
With Junes arrival July can't be far behind. This is turning into a great year for parades with BHS and Stockgrowers and soon our 6th July Fourth Parade.

Please plan to participate and/or attend. All participants please sign up at Great Grains Food Store so the parade organizers can fit everyone in more easily.

The recent presentation in Miles City about how to find opportunity out of crisis (the fire) made a point about how important it is for commumities to have a place for parades to end that draws people together to celebrate their community. We are so fortunate to have Riverside Park to serve that function.

And Riverside Park will be alive with activities immediately after the parade so plan to bring the whole family for food, games, music and fellowship.
founder
supporter
Posted by Gene Larson (+271) 12 years ago
Josh:

I see you are bump-bump-bumping-along and getting ready for the streaming of our 4th of July Parade. And Art, thank you for your fine summation of what's ahead for family enjoyment.

We are fortunate to have the hard-working folks who silently work in the background to make all of our events happen so please get out there and take advantage of the entertainment they are offering you.

This 4th of July Parade will be the best ever, along with the following events. If you plan to "step out" and be in the Parade, be sure to get over to Great Grains Health Foods for your entry form....TODAY! (The sooner the better)! Have FUN!
founder
supporter
Step right up and get those entries in. The festivities are just around the corner.

There will be loads of fun in the park this year, after the parade. We will have a dunk tank, pie, ice cream, music, water melon, pie, games and much more. See you the 4th.

I know, I said pie twice. I like pie.
Don't we all Tucker... Don't we all...
Posted by Ragna (+19) 12 years ago
Is there going to be a horseshoe tourney?
supporter
Posted by cori schock (+185) 12 years ago
Don't forget the First Baptist Church free barbecue in the park right after the parade. As usual, we'll be serving hamburgers, hotdogs and brauts. We'll also have soft drinks, iced tea and lemonade for sale in the Pepsi trailer.

Donations are welcome (in no way required) and all proceeds are donated to the VFW to help with the cost of their fireworks display. The last two years, we've been able to give right around $1,000! Thank you in advance for your participation in Miles City's 4th of July celebration.
Posted by gypsykim (+1556) 12 years ago
Our Relay For Life team will once again be selling root beer float, bottled water and quilt raffle tickets. All proceeds benefit the American Cancer Society Relay For Life.
...and as a reminder... http://www.milescityfeed.com will be broadcasting the parade LIVE, and the fireworks also LIVE.
supporter
Posted by Wendy Wilson (+6165) 12 years ago
When is the parade, please?
Posted by Margie Jacobsen (+8) 12 years ago
The parade is on THE FOURTH OF JULY!

Entrants report to the Convent at 10:00 AM

Parade begins at 11:00 AM and ends at RIVERSIDE PARK where all types of food, fun, entertainment, music, information, activities will abound for the whole family to enjoy while celebrating community, having fun and fellowship.

Plan to eat at the First Baptist Church feed and help support the VFW fireworks display that evening.... and also enjoy all the other goodies available from organizations that support the community every day in so many ways.

It's a WIN-WIN situation all around and all it takes is YOU...in the parade, on the street, and in the park.
supporter
Posted by Wendy Wilson (+6165) 12 years ago
Thanks! I did know that the parade was on the 4th. I just needed the time. Thanks again!
supporter
Posted by Lynne (+138) 12 years ago
See you all Saturday. It is not to late to get in your entry in at Great Grains.

Did I mention there will be pie?
Posted by gypsykim (+1556) 12 years ago
And root beer floats! It will be a perfect day for a root beer float. Our Relay For Life team will also have ice cold bottled water and quilt raffle tickets available.
supporter
Posted by MRH (+1489) 12 years ago
Hi,

It was all Good. We really enjoyed our time in Miles City on the 4th. We enjoyed the parade, activities and good food at the park, and the fireworks at night. It was also fun to visit with friends.

Thanks to all involved in making the 4th a Grand Day in Miles City.

Marshall
founder
Posted by David Schott (+17055) 12 years ago
Mark Wiedeman sent a few photos of the parade. I posted them on Flickr:

http://www.flickr.com/pho...865680587/

One example :

http://www.flickr.com/pho...691455240/

^That's all there is, that's all there is. It's the end of the parade there ain't no mo'.^ lol