Posted by Kyle L. Varnell (+3751) 13 years ago
Not since prohibition have I heard of something so asinine regarding my favorite brew. Pyramid Haywire Hefeweizen? Audacious Apricot Ale? This makes me mad!

Don't mess with my beer!
http://www.pyramidbrew.com/new-look

[This message has been edited by Kyle L. Varnell (4/25/2009)]
Posted by Brian A. Reed (+6113) 13 years ago
Kyle, I agree with you

Pyramid Hefeweizen is perfect as it is. Why mess with perfection? Are they trying to be hip with the kiddos or something? Why not slap Miley Cyrus or the Jonas Brothers on the label? That'll get the tweeners on board with their product.

At least it's not called "Extreme."
Posted by Kyle L. Varnell (+3751) 13 years ago
If I see "Hanna Montana Hefeweizen" I'm giving up drinking.

Either that or I'll drink considerably more
founder
supporter
sponsor
Posted by Hal Neumann (+10031) 13 years ago
Kyle, there are ways to be the Master of your own fate and Captain your own ship.

Well . . . okay . . . life has a way of making us toe the lines that others draw. But there are ways to emancipate yourself from the tyranny of corporate brewers and stand proud and tall as a free, yeoman beer-drinker should.

Samuel Child nailed it on the head back in the 1790s:

I shall now conclude with recommending to all persons to make the experiment [[i]homebrewing], and I am persuaded they will be convinced of the propriety of Brewing for themselves; they can suit themselves in taste, in strength, in flavour, in quantity; they will have beer much cheaper; they will have it more wholesome.[/i]

Samuel Child, "EVERY MAN HIS OWN BREWER" - A SMALL TREATISE, EXPLAINING THE ART AND MYSTERY OF BREWING PORTER, ALE, TWOPENNY, AND TABLE-BEER; Recommending and proving the ease and possibility OF EVERY MAN's [sic] BREWING HIS OWN BEER, IN ANY QUANTITY - From one Peck to a hundred Quarters of Malt, CALCULATED BY EXPOSING THE DECEPTION IN BREWING; To reduce the expence of a Family, and lessen the destructive practice of Public-house tipling . . . Fourth Edition, Carefully Revised (London: 1794).
supporter
Posted by Buck Showalter (+4454) 13 years ago
The only time fruit belongs in booze is when it's a nice, warm bag of Pruno