GHOST TOUR
founder
supporter
Posted by Amorette Allison (+11757) 19 years ago
This year's Ghost Tour will take guests through the Carriage House Historic District starting about 5:30 p.m. on Saturday, July 13 until the last group goes, usually nineish. The tour guides will take groups around, giving them information about the houses and their former occupants, past ghosts who will tell their stories and other ghosts who will just waft past.

The tour is free but donations will be taken for the support of Historic Preservation in Miles City. I'll be at 121 N. 12th St. as Mrs. Farnum and Bart will be giving at least one tour.

The tour looks to take about one hour. Wear comfy shoes.

--Amorette
founder
supporter
Posted by Amorette Allison (+11757) 19 years ago
In spite of the blast furnace heat, 159 people took this year's ghost tour. We are re-evaluating tying the ghost tour to Pioneer Days at the Range Riders because of the heat issue. We might miss tourists by having the tour in late Sept. or early Oct. but we also might miss the heat stroke.

I have been asked about rerunning this year's tour later in the year. I'd like to see it but getting the forty or so people together you need to do it gets complicated.

It was a pity it was 105 because I think this was our best tour yet.

--Amorette
founder
Posted by Antonia Klein (+42) 19 years ago
The ghost tour this year was the best! I loved the idea of the tour including some of the historic homes in the area. The ghost owners informative talks were well done. Great job!
founder
Posted by Robin Gerber (+34) 19 years ago
Glad everyone enjoyed the Tour! After many requests, I'm thinking about moving it to fall next year. One of these times, someone is going to keel over in the heat and then I'll feel awful! What does everyone think...maybe a Saturday afternoon in October???