Seeking info about LW Stacy family
founder
Posted by Tana Whicker (+16) 17 years ago
I'm looking for information about the Lorenzo Winchester Stacy/Mary Lousie Hotchkiss family. Any info would be appreciated, but I am *really* hoping to find some descendants who might possibly have pictures of the family home here in Miles City. I'm also really curious about what happened to Mary Louise after Lorenzo died and she apparently went to California.

I do have copies of pages from "Seeing Miles City" that reference the home and family, as well as a couple of pages from the historical society that talk about some of the houses previous owners, but that's about it.

I've posted a similar message in the Custer Country rootsweb email group and I've gotten a couple of replies, but I thought I'd give this a try too.

Thanks!
founder
Posted by JEANNE M BOLE (+39) 17 years ago
i just bought a new book written by ammorette allison, it is great
and has a picture of the l w stacey home the second home they owned
in miles city. there is an article about the family that is very
interesting. the book is titled the way we were.i also think
that scotish dancing was taught there in the early thirties.
i hope this helps
jeanne paris bole

[This message has been edited by JEANNE M BOLE (edited 1/15/2005).]
founder
Posted by JEANNE M BOLE (+39) 17 years ago
please forget my statement about the scotish dancers at the stacey
house. i had my facts wrong it was stacey avenue where the dancers
practiced.
jeanne bole
founder
Posted by Tana Whicker (+16) 17 years ago
Hi Jeanne,

Thanks for the reply. Interestingly, the home we moved from (prior to moving to the Stacy home) was the one where the Scottish dancing was practiced. I was told that they would pull up the rug in the living room and have a great old time! I have a copy of that article and need to get it to the new owners of that house. It was a wonderful house too!