Hey, Joe, where ya going w/ that fork in your hand?
founder
Posted by Chad (+1761) 15 years ago
Hey Joe,

There seem to be quite a few threads about food and dining, about favorite meals, foods, drinks, etc. How about scheduling your venue for a local community pot-luck where we all make a favorite, or bring in a favorite item for a feast and social gathering. If we had a head count beforehand we could size our preparations or orders accordingly. It could be an international smorgasbord of gastronomic propensity! What say ye?

Paper plates and plastic cups required. Paper napkins and plastic forks acceptable. Aluminum pans allowed. Please recycle and dispose of waste properly.

Anyone interested? Joe?
founder
Posted by Joe Whalen (+183) 15 years ago
Chad,

You bring the abalone, the Castroville artichokes (in-season), the SF Parisian sourdough rounds, the Sonoma Valley wine, and the It's It ice cream sandwiches and you're ON.

One change though...We can substitute real dishware for the disposable plates, cups, and plastic forks. The landfills are choked with enough of that stuff as it is. We can draw straws for dishwashing chores instead.

Oh, Christ! In a single post I've managed to identify with both those whiney Dang California food elitists AND those hypersensitive, obstructionist, "environmental extremists"...and a blaspheme, to boot. Man, those days are numbered now.
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+14860) 15 years ago
I'll bring the buffalo steaks - oh, wait, I can't, because those %[email protected]#& Californians pressured the governor into cancelling the bison hunt! Miserable &*^[email protected]%# Californians...

Q. Why is California like granola?

A. After you have sifted through all the fruits and nuts, all you have left are the flakes.
founder
Jeez Joe- I thought bringing one item was enough, you want me to bring the whole meal? I can bring everything but the abalone- it's out of season. Mussels and urchins are coming up soon? Ever slurped the innards from a raw urchin right down on the rocks? I always felt it was ticking off the otters when I did that!
supporter
Posted by Bob L. (+5047) 15 years ago
Is that a Hendrix reference?
founder
Yes.