Prom Dresses
Posted by Beth Oswald (+281) 13 years ago
Are there any local shops that sell prom dresses? I checked at Maurices and at Sassy One in Terry with no luck. I can get something online but if possible, I DO NOT want to go to Billings.

Any advice would be great!
supporter
Posted by Dan Mowry (+1436) 13 years ago
You goin' to the prom again?
Funny Dan!! My daughter is going. This is her first time and I don't think she is impressed with my pink tulle dress that I wore!
supporter
Posted by spacekace (+894) 13 years ago
...You could have one made for her. I there are a few seamstresses in Miles City that sew, as do I. I have made many dresses for me and friends, and find that it's less expensive and you can make something that no one else will have. Just a suggestion... Otherwise, I don't think there is any store in Miles that sells prom dresses. Which is sad...I always got mine at the local Shores, which is very much missed I think!
My problem is that her prom is March 21st. She just got asked, so I don't think I have enough time to get it made. Although I am not a seamstress, so I am not sure of the time involved, either.
Posted by Sarah Blakely (+62) 13 years ago
What size is your daughter? I have a dress that is a 3/4. We could arrange a time for you guys to look at it tomorrow...if you would like...
Posted by DJB (+97) 13 years ago
Check St. Vincent 2nd hand store. Sometimes they have some really nice prom dresses, probably only worn once.
supporter
Posted by Bridgier (+9424) 13 years ago
musn't make prom dress joke... musn't make prom dress joke...
She would wear a 7/8, but thank you so much for offering. I will definitely check St. Vincent's. Thanks!
supporter
Posted by Cindy (+384) 13 years ago
Beth - we have 3 dresses saved from my step-daughters proms and formals. I think one or two of them may be that size. She is welcome to come look and try them on if she wants. Just email me through here and we can make arrangements.
Posted by TK (+1621) 13 years ago
March 21....You may be able to find something with express shipping (maybe?), but eBay has good dresses and sometimes cheap! or even jcp.com, though more expensive....
supporter
Posted by Colette Butcher (+402) 13 years ago
Beth - I just sent you a private email. I have one that may work for your daughter. Call me if you are interested.
banned
Posted by Alicia Miller (+53) 13 years ago
I think the dress I got was from bluefly.com. You could try there. If I had anything in her sized I'd let her pick through what I have. Good luck!!
Posted by Mary McClarty (+79) 13 years ago
Beth - short or long - call me!!
LONG!!
Posted by Donna Kingsley Coffeen (+396) 13 years ago
I buy almost exclusively online these days. Buy several and return the ones she doesn't like.