Why we are all so grumpy
founder
supporter
Posted by Amorette Allison (+11808) 12 years ago
It's that time of year. Winter still hanging on but not quite spring. The days are gray. The ground is mush and/or ice. Everything dead is coming out from under the snow cover. We have the last of the winter colds. Lilacs seem like just a dream.

We know that even if it warms up and gets all lovely and sunny, it won't last. We can still have horrible snow and cold winds for at least another month or two. If a tulip dares show its leaves on one of those warm spells, it will get smacked down a few days later.

Still, I have my seed catalogs and my dreams. I hope I get over this cold in the next month or so and then spring will come.

For twelve hours. Followed immediately by hundred degree temperatures, which will give us something else to grump about.
founder
Posted by David Schott (+17178) 12 years ago
You don't want to hear about the daffodils, crocuses, and heather blooming in my yard, I guess, Amorette? Or how the trees have buds that are on the verge of bursting open (some already have). Spring comes pretty early to Seattle and I'm glad for that.

Now if you want to know why I'm grumpy you need only look to the business section of the newspaper.
Posted by urcrackinmeup (+136) 12 years ago
A little off on a tangent but where could I get good seeds at a discount price? i haven't had a garden for 8 years but now have a spot for one. Seems like Gurneys and Burpees are kinda pricey.
Posted by Bob Netherton (+1882) 12 years ago
It is easily the ugliest time of the year...at least here in Montana. The way this year seems to be screaming by (at least to me) it'll be summer before you know it.
Posted by Tanna Bloxom Martin (+21) 12 years ago
I believe we all need something to complain about. This to shall pass.
Posted by Kacey (+3161) 12 years ago
Walmart has cheap seeds. And they grew just as well for me and the Northrup King and other more expensive brands.
founder
supporter
Posted by Amorette Allison (+11808) 12 years ago
As for seeds, I really like the brand that Steadman's carries that has clear packaging so you can see what you are getting. Every year I dream about my huge beautiful vegetable garden. Every year I have some veg peeking out from amongst the weeds.

As for you, Mr. Schott
Posted by Brian A. Reed (+6068) 12 years ago
I have never been grumpy a single second of my life.

Nor have I ever had a negative thought.

Nor have I ever said a discouraging word.

Nor have I ever been facetious and/or sarcastic.

Nor have I ever hyperbolized. Ever.
Posted by Chuck Schott (+1286) 12 years ago
If you aren't just a little grumpy with the current state of affairs you are probally a happy idiot, and I'm not so sure that is a bad way to be right now.
supporter
Posted by Wendy Wilson (+6166) 12 years ago
Brian, you forgot to say

Nor have I ever spoken an untruth in my entire life.

Posted by Brian A. Reed (+6068) 12 years ago
Fair enough.
founder
supporter
sponsor
Posted by Hal Neumann (+9960) 12 years ago

Posted by Rob Shipley (+473) 12 years ago
Hal: Thank you for this great laugh I enjoyed. I thought at first your photo was the recent one in DC where the USAF was refusing Piggy Pelosi her jet for the weekend..........at US taxpayer expense......thanx so much.........."Ship"
founder
supporter
sponsor
Posted by Hal Neumann (+9960) 12 years ago
>>I thought at first. . . .

Nope - guess you're out of luck.

It was just an attempt at posting something light-hearted and non-confrontational.

Maybe you can try your hand at haiku and come up with something more to your taste?
Posted by ABE (+422) 12 years ago
why are we all so grumpy.

Lets get a government study going on that. There must be a link between mood and blah blah blah........$40 million....blah blah..... study......stimulate......blah blah...........sheep.......blah.......
supporter
Posted by Buck Showalter (+4462) 12 years ago
go get another tattoo
Posted by Stephenie (+56) 12 years ago
What is the average summer temperature in Miles City? What is the high in the summer on a normal year? Just wondering I will be moving to Miles City in three weeks. When do you plant your gardens?
Thanks for any information.
Steph