Favorite movie quotes...
Posted by M G (+200) 13 years ago
Share your favorite movie quote.
Maybe an old standard that we all can recognize, like;
"Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn." or "Go ahead, make my day."

Maybe one that you thought was funny, like;
"Them syreens did this to him. They loved him up and turned him into a horny toad." or "Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room!"

Or something deep like;
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it."
Posted by ber (+12) 13 years ago
How about..."The truth? You want the truth? YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!" Who could forget Jack Nicholson saying this one.
supporter
Posted by julieinmc (+512) 13 years ago
"What knockers!" "Why, thank you doctor." I love Mel Brooks movies.
Posted by Dillpickle (+29) 13 years ago
Somebody run back to town and get a ****load of dimes!!
supporter
Posted by Steve Craddock (+2738) 13 years ago
Following up on what Julie said, just about any line uttered by Madelyn Kahn in a Mel Brooks movie - and Paper Moon, too. The tricky part is, it was usually Madelyn's dead-pan delivery that made the lines classics. Hence, it would do no good to list them here.
Posted by BLT (+87) 13 years ago
John Wayne in "True Grit"

"Fill your hand you son of a bitch"

That was after he was told " Bold talk for a one eyed fat man"

[This message has been edited by BLT (edited 1/28/2009).]
Posted by BLT (+87) 13 years ago
Another John Wayne quote;

Katherine Hepburn says to him

"You don't mind if your women can outsmart you and outride you"

He retorts.." As long as their quiet about it"

also to her "God help us if we giv em the vote"
Posted by Kacey (+3154) 13 years ago
Laurel and Hardy;
Well, here's another fine mess you've gotten me into!
Posted by WATTS (+218) 13 years ago
here are a couple a little more new era,

"nice beaver" "oh thanks I just had it stuffed" Naked Gun

"Show me the Money"

"I think I,ve lost that lovin feelin Goose" a couple Tom Cruise ones there!
supporter
Posted by Wendy Wilson (+6172) 13 years ago
How about

"Those aren't pillows!" Either John Candy or Steve Martin in Planes, Trains & Automobiles

"Revenge is a dish best served cold." Kahn in Star Trek:Wrath of Kahn
I know, I know, it's a rip-off of Shakespeare but good nonetheless.
supporter
Posted by Stone (+1591) 13 years ago
Posted by Schmitz - Matt (+409) 13 years ago
I gotta vote for almost every line in "So I Married An Axe Murderer" Far too many to list. Followed very closely by almost every line in "Caddyshack" We've all quoted lines from that movie thousands of times. And if you can watch the entire movie without throwing up a little in the back of your throat and turning it off, almost all of "King Pin" in hilariously funny. Some of the funniest lines ever. Like "10 frames? Thats for Quakers. We Amish bowl 15 frames a game" That's brilliant funny.
Posted by CalebSamuelson (+116) 13 years ago
I like to use quotes from Dumb & Dumber.

"Harry, I took care of it"
"killer boots man!"
Too many to list here
Posted by bh (+200) 13 years ago
From the old classic The Wizard of OZ This quote may not be exactly right, but it's close.

After Dorothy meets the scarecrow she asks how he can talk without a brain. His answer is --Well, there are a people with no brains that do a lot of talking.
founder
supporter
sponsor
Posted by Hal Neumann (+10040) 13 years ago
"Tell ya the truth, I don't think this is a brains kind of operation."
--Mr. Longbaugh (Benicio Del Toro), "The Way of the Gun"

"I fart in your general direction. Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries."
--French Soldier (John Cleese), "Monty Python and the Holy Grail"

"Dog!"
--Jacob McCandles (John Wayne), "Big Jake"

"Badges? We ain't got no badges. We don't need no badges."
Gold Hat, (Alfonso Bedoya), "The Treasure of the Sierra Madre"

"We all go a little mad sometimes."
--Norman Bates (Anthony Perkins), "Psycho"

"Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world, she walks into mine."
Rick Blaine (Humphrey Bogart), "Casablanca"
Posted by Bob Netherton (+1887) 13 years ago
"There goes the tibia" Jerry Lewis from the Nutty Professor.
Posted by Brian A. Reed (+6115) 13 years ago
In honor of the late Ricardo "Khan Noonien Singh" Montalban, I submit the Greatest Verbal Exchange in the History of Cinema (Queso Fantastico division):

From Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan -

James T. Kirk (William Shatner): "Khan, you bloodsucker! You're going to have to do your own dirty work now, do you hear me? Do you?!"

Khan Noonien Singh (Ricardo Montalban): "Kirk! Kirk, you're still alive, my old friend."

Kirk: "Still! Old! Friend! You've managed to kill just about everybody else, but like a poor marksman you KEEP ... MISSING ... THE TARGET!"

Khan: "Perhaps I no longer need to try, Admiral.

Kirk: "Khan. Khan, you've got Genesis. But you don't have me! You're going to kill me, Khan, you're going to have to come down here. YOU'RE GONNA HAVE TO COME. DOWN. HERE!"

Khan: "I've done far worse than kill you. I've hurt you. And I wish to go on ... hurting you. I shall leave you as you left me, as you left her. Marooned for all eternity, in the center of a dead planet. Buried alive ... buried alive (echoes) ..."

Kirk (using the best angry face ever): "KHHHHAAAAAAAAN! KHHHHAAAAAAAAN! (echoes) ..."

And sticking with the sci-fi theme ...

From Aliens -

Ripley (Sigourney Weaver): "How long after we're declared overdue can we expect a rescue?"

Hicks (Michael Biehn): "... 17 days."

Hudson (Bill Paxton): "17 days? Hey, I don't mean to rain on your parade but we're not gonna last seventeen hours! Those things are gonna come in here just like they did before! And they're ... they're gonna come in here ..."

Ripley: "Hudson ..."

Hudson: "... and they're gonna come in here and ... AND THEY'RE GONNA KILL US!!!"

Ripley: "HUDSON! This little girl survived longer than us with no weapons and no training. Right?"

Hudson: "Why don't you put her in charge?"

From Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back -

Princess Leia (Carrie Fisher): "I love you."

Han Solo (Harrison Ford): "I know."

From V for Vendetta (not really sci-fi, but a great movie, nonetheless) -

V (Hugo Weaving): "I can assure you I mean you no harm."

Evey (Natalie Portman): "Who are you?"

V: "Who? Who is but the form following the function of what, and what I am is a man in a mask."

Evey: "Well, I can see that."

V: "Of course you can. I'm not questioning your powers of observation, I'm merely remarking upon the paradox of asking a masked man who he is."

Evey: "Oh. Right."

V: "But on this most auspicious of nights permit me then, in lieu of the more commonplace sobriquet, to suggest the character of this dramatis persona. (V throws back his cape.)

Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a bygone vexation stands vivified and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin vanguarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition! [He slashes a large V through a propaganda poster.] The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. [giggles] Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you and you may call me 'V'."

Evey: "Are you, like, a crazy person?"

V: "I am quite sure they will say so. But to whom, might I ask, am I speaking?"

Evey: "I'm Evey."

V: "Evey? E-V. Of course you are."

And my favorite quote from my favorite movie (just replace "Adam Sutler" with "Dubya") ...

V: "Good evening, London. Allow me first to apologize for this interruption. I do, like many of you, appreciate the comforts of every day routine- the security of the familiar, the tranquility of repetition. I enjoy them as much as any bloke. But in the spirit of commemoration, thereby those important events of the past usually associated with someone's death or the end of some awful bloody struggle, a celebration of a nice holiday, I thought we could mark this November the 5th, a day that is sadly no longer remembered, by taking some time out of our daily lives to sit down and have a little chat. There are of course those who do not want us to speak. I suspect even now, orders are being shouted into telephones, and men with guns will soon be on their way. Why? Because while the truncheon may be used in lieu of conversation, words will always retain their power. Words offer the means to meaning, and for those who will listen, the enunciation of truth. And the truth is, there is something terribly wrong with this country, isn't there? Cruelty and injustice, intolerance and oppression. And where once you had the freedom to object, to think and speak as you saw fit, you now have censors and systems of surveillance coercing your conformity and soliciting your submission. How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror. I know why you did it. I know you were afraid. Who wouldn't be? War, terror, disease. There were a myriad of problems which conspired to corrupt your reason and rob you of your common sense. Fear got the best of you, and in your panic you turned to the now high chancellor, Adam Sutler. He promised you order, he promised you peace, and all he demanded in return was your silent, obedient consent. Last night I sought to end that silence. Last night I destroyed the Old Bailey, to remind this country of what it has forgotten."
founder
Posted by KELLY BABCOCK (+192) 13 years ago
"What we have here is a failure to communicate." {Man, does that lose something by putting it in print.}
supporter
Posted by Sarah Peterson (+381) 13 years ago
George McFly in Back to the Future: "You are my density...I mean, my destiny."

And this gem also from BttF:
Marty: A block past Maple? That's John F. Kennedy drive.
Lorraine's Dad: Who the hell is John F. Kennedy?
Posted by Slosh (+696) 13 years ago
"BOATS AND HOES!!"
No way you pulled that one Slosh. I still have tears running.

I like: "It wasn't me!" from the movie Rocket Man
Posted by Mike Etchemendy (+85) 13 years ago
Sandy: I want you to kill every gophers on the golf course!
Carl Spackler: Correct me if I'm wrong Sandy, but if I kill all the golfers, they're gonna lock me up and throw away the key...
Sandy: Not golfers, you great fool! Gophers! The *little* *brown*, *furry* *rodents* -!
Carl Spackler: We can do that; we don't even have to have a reason. All right, let's do the same thing, but with gophers -!
caddyshack
Posted by JOE WHALEN (+619) 13 years ago
"The saddest thing in the world is wasted talent."

- Lorenzo Anello (Robert DeNiro), A Bronx Tale
Posted by daveb (+83) 13 years ago
'I want my two dollars!' - Better Off Dead

'Robster Craws? What the **** are robster craws?' - Revenge of The Nerds
Posted by Mary McClarty (+75) 13 years ago
Any and all lines from Waynes World - "Sphincter say what?"
supporter
"We're gonna need a bigger boat." Sheriff Brody (Roy Schneider) in JAWS (the first and only really good one)
"Make that four coffins." From "A Fist Full of Dollars".
supporter
V For Vendetta

V: People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.
Evey: And you're going to make that happen by blowing up a building?
V: The building is a symbol, as is the act of destroying it. Symbols are given power by people. Alone, a symbol is meaningless, but with enough people, blowing up a building can change the world.
Evey: I wish I could believe that. But every time I've seen this world change, it's always been for the worse.
supporter
I remember I was dragged kickin' and screamin' to "V for Vendetta" - but I ended up lovin' it and now I remember why.

I also remember arriving at the conclusion about halfway thru that V's big secret is that HE was actually a woman, and that Evey (E V) was a code to something else -- but I can't remember what. Anyone else care to share their thoughts (perhaps I should have started another thread - feel free to do so - I'm goin' to bed now).
supporter
"Ah - I love the small of napalm in the morning!" Robert Duvall's 'mad dog' colonel in Apocolypse Now
"FRANK THE TANK! FRANK THE TANK! FRANK THE TANK!" Old School
founder
Posted by David Schott (+17514) 13 years ago
"I have a bad feeling about this..."

http://starwars.wikia.com...about_this
supporter
So you're finally showin' the right side of your face, ain't ya? -- Agnes Moorehead as the maid in Hush Hush, Sweet Charlotte

What in the Sam Hill are you doin'? -- the character "Scout" in To Kill a Mockingbird

Off the record, on the QT, and very HUSH HUSH -- the gossip columnist (Danny DeVito) in LA Confidential
founder
supporter
sponsor
Posted by Hal Neumann (+10040) 13 years ago
Jake: The band . . . the band. . .

Reverend Cleophus James: DO YOU SEE THE LIGHT?

Jake: THE BAND!

Reverend Cleophus James: DO YOU SEE THE LIGHT?

Elwood: What light?

Reverend Cleophus James: HAVE YOU SEEEEN THE LIGHT?

Jake: YES! YES! JESUS H. TAP-DANCING CHRIST... I HAVE SEEN THE LIGHT!

"The Blues Brothers"
supporter
Posted by Buck Showalter (+4455) 13 years ago
"Popeye's chicken is f***ing awesome."
supporter
Posted by Shu (+1801) 13 years ago
One movie that had a TON of great movie quotes was...GOOOOOD MORNING VIETNAM!!!!

some examples:

"Dickerson: This is not military issue, airman. What sort of uniform is that?
Adrian Cronauer: Cretan camouflage sir. If you want to blend in with a bunch of drunken Greeks there's nothing better.
Dickerson: That is humor. I recognize that. I also recognize your brand of soldier.

[imitating Walter Cronkite]
Adrian Cronauer: I just want to begin by saying to Roosevelt E. Roosevelt, what it is, what it shall be, what it was. The weather out there today is hot and sh***y with continued hot and sh***y in the afternoon. Tomorrow a chance of continued crappy with a p***y weather front coming down from the north. Basically, it's hotter than a snake's a** in a wagon rut.

[Lt. Steven Hauk uses Army jargon to refer to a press conference to be given by former Vice-President Nixon]
Adrian Cronauer: Excuse me, sir. Seeing as how the V.P. is such a V.I.P., shouldn't we keep the P.C. on the Q.T.? 'Cause if it leaks to the V.C. he could end up M.I.A., and then we'd all be put out in K.P.

Edward Garlick: From a Marine in Da Nang: "Captain Hauk sucks the sweat off of a dead man's b***s." I have no idea what that means, sir, but it seems very negative to me.

Adrian Cronauer: You are in more dire need of a b***j*b than any white man in history.

General Taylor: "More dire need of a b***j*b than any white man in history." That's funny.

Sgt. Major Dickerson: [Pointing to his rank insignia] What does three up and three down mean to you, airman?
Adrian Cronauer: End of an inning?

Sgt. Major Dickerson: You're not gonna last long here, pal.
Adrian Cronauer: You can always send me back to Crete.
Sgt. Major Dickerson: Oh, you think this is a joke. I can come up with alternatives other than Crete and I'm real good at stuff like that. I got people stuck in places they haven't even considered how to get out of yet. You don't think I can come up with something good? Can you envision some fairly unattractive alternatives?
Adrian Cronauer: Not without slides.

Adrian Cronauer: Mayday! Mayday! Dragon-Lady with incredible figure at 11 o'clock! Stop the car.
Edward Garlick: I can't do that, sir.
Adrian Cronauer: Aw, Edward, you don't understand. I've been on a small Greek island with a lot of women who look like Zorba, I never thought I'd find women attractive ever again. And now that I do, you won't even turn the car around? Thanks a lot.
Edward Garlick: You have a very important meeting with the top brass...
Adrian Cronauer: -Oh, there she is again! How did she get ahead of us?
Edward Garlick: That's another person, sir.
Adrian Cronauer: She's beautiful and quick. Speed up, check her stamina. Oh my God, they're quick, they're fast, and small. Ha, ha, ha, ha! I feel like a fox in a chicken coop!

[the audience response to Hauk replacing Cronauer on the radio]
Staff Sgt. Dreiwitz: Sir, these letters are unequivocal! Uh, e.g.
[reads a letter]
Staff Sgt. Dreiwitz: "Hey, Hauk. Eat a bag of s**t. You suck." Now that's pretty much to the point, sir, not much gray area in this one.

Adrian Cronauer: [On Lt. Hauk] In the dictionary under "a**h**e" it says "See him."

Lt. Steven Hauk: Sir, the man has got an irreverent tendency. He did a very off-color parody of former VP Nixon.
General Taylor: I thought it was hilarious.
Lt. Steven Hauk: Respectfully, sir, the former VP is a good man and a decent man.
General Taylor: Bulls**t! I know Nixon personally. He lugs a trainload of s**t behind him that could fertilize the Sinai. Why, I wouldn't buy an apple from the SOB and I consider him a good, close, personal friend.

Adrian Cronauer: Five months in Vietnam, and my best friend is a V.C. THIS WILL NOT LOOK GOOD ON A RESUME!

General Taylor: Lieutenant, you don't know whether you've been shot, f**ked, powder-burned or snake-bit.

Adrian Cronauer: Goooooooood morning Vietnam! It's 0600 hours. What does the "O" stand for? O my God, it's early! Speaking of early, let's hear it for that Marty Lee Drywitz. Silky smooth sounds, making me sound like Peggy Lee...

Adrian Cronauer: Here's a little advice: Never eat in a Vietnamese restaurant next to a pound.

Adrian Cronauer: What is the difference between the Cub Scouts and the military? Bzzzzzt! Cub Scouts don't have heavy artillery!

Edward Garlick: No, Phil, he's not all right. A man does not refer to Pat Boone as a beautiful genius if things are all right.

Edward Garlick: We got one letter from a man who thought that Hauk's comedy was "visionary and interesting." The other eleven hundred calls say that the man can't do comedy to save his d**k!... That's a direct quote, sir.

Adrian Cronauer: I can't even make fun of Richard Nixon, and there's a man who's screaming out to be made fun of."

Yeah, I know this is a long entry...kinda makes the point about this movie having so many awesome quotes, though...I may watch it again later tonight!
supporter
ME "all time favorite":

They're called boobs, Ed!
Julia Roberts to Albert Finney's "Ed Masry" in Erin Brockovich

[This message has been edited by Steve Craddock (edited 1/30/2009).]
Posted by lgt (+63) 13 years ago
"Redrum!!!! REDRUM!!

Jack Nicholson - The Shining
Wasn't it the little kid that said "redrum"?
Posted by hilinetransplant (+124) 13 years ago
lets keep em short and sweet.

" here's johnny!" the shinnig

" Your killin me smalls" the sandlot
"I DONT KNOW WHAT WE'RE YELLING ABOUT!!!"
"LOUD NOISES!!"
both from Brick in Anchor Man
supporter
Buck, that may be the best quote ever. Sandler
Posted by TALBOT (+246) 13 years ago
Hump? What hump? - Young Frankenstein

What are ya gonna do? Bleed on me? - Monty Python and the Holy Grail

If you build it, he will come - Field of Dreams
Posted by Crash (+128) 13 years ago
"Don't f*ck with me, fellas!" Joan Crawford, Mommy Dearest.

I'm about half past give a sh*t with your fun and games! Delores Clayborn.

"I'll take ham on five and hold the Mayo." Airplane.

"I don't know nothin' 'bout birthin' babies." Gone With the Wind.
Posted by hilinetransplant (+124) 13 years ago
"get busy livin. or bet busy dyin"! shawshank redemption, morgan freeman
supporter
Posted by Rick Kuchynka (+4458) 13 years ago
"When you want cattle, you take the cattle..."

There was a 'memorable' one in Step Brothers right before the fight over the drum set. That one I won't post.

"Baxter, bark twice if you're in Milwaukee"

Because no self-respecting best-movie-quotes thread should EVER be caught dead without a line from Anchorman.

[This message has been edited by Rick Kuchynka (edited 2/1/2009).]
supporter
I also like "Stay classy Miami?" That's just a great movie, quotable from end to end.
You mean "Stay classy San Diego".
Posted by Major Pain (+207) 13 years ago
1) First 2m, 52s of Idiocracy. Because it's so true.

2) The "Oh, the Mormons" scene from Orgasmo.

3) Galaxyquest, when Fred and Larali are kissing:
   "Oh *that's* not right."
supporter
Posted by Chris Gamrath (+380) 13 years ago
"Negative Ghost Rider the pattern is full!"- Top Gun

Dittos to Buck and Stone about Sandler... "The price is wrong...bi*ch!"

"You're killin' me Smalls" is a recent classic

"Sedagive?!? SEDAGIVE??!!??" Young Frankenstein

"I lost my job today Lloyd" - Harry
"Mannnn you are one pathetic loserrrrr!"-Llyod - Dumb and Dumber

"Private Pyle! What is your major malfunction numb-nuts?!?"

After Chris Farley falls all the way down the hill in Black Sheep...
"What the HELL was THAT all about??"
supporter
Posted by K.Duffy (+1808) 13 years ago
"I'm far from alright" Pulp Fiction
Posted by Slosh (+696) 13 years ago
Just a few of my favorites from Dumb and Dumber

"Samsonite. I was way off."

"Did you see the buns on that?"
"Yeah, he must work out."

"Harry! You're hands are freezing!"

"I'm going to hang by the bar, put out the vibe." (Maybe more of a family reference on that one)

"Big Gulps, huh? Well, see ya later."
Posted by JOE WHALEN (+619) 13 years ago
BLAZING SADDLES

Jim(Gene Wilder): [consoling Bart(Cleavon Little), the new black sheriff in an old west town] What did you expect? "Welcome, sonny"? "Make yourself at home"? "Marry my daughter"? You've got to remember that these are just simple farmers. These are people of the land. The common clay of the new West. You know... morons.

http://www.imdb.com/media.../nm0001476

[This message has been edited by JOE WHALEN (edited 2/2/2009).]
supporter
Posted by JCF (+388) 13 years ago
"Come Back Shane!"
Posted by BR5490 (+17) 13 years ago
The Big Lebowski - Jeff Bridges
Hey! Take it easy, I have a beverage here.
admin
founder
Posted by MilesCity.com Webmaster (+10014) 13 years ago
"I think we're in a bit of a pickle, Dick."

-- Fun with Dick and Jane (Jim Carrey & Téa Leoni)

Alternate:

"Excuse me while I whip this out."

-- Blazing Saddles
supporter
Norma Rae-Sally Fields

Reuben Warshowsky: On October 4, 1970, my grandfather, Isaac Abraham Warshowsky, aged eighty-seven, died in his sleep in New York City. On the following Friday morning, his funeral was held. My mother and father attended, my two uncles from Brooklyn attended, my Aunt Minnie came up from Florida.
Also present were eight hundred and sixty-two members of the Amalgamated Clothing Workers and Cloth, Hat and Cap Makers' Union. Also members of his family. In death as in life, they stood at his side. They had fought battles with him, bound the wounds of battle with him, had earned bread together and had broken it together. When they spoke, they spoke in one voice, and they were heard. They were black, they were white, they were Irish, they were Polish, they were Catholic, they were Jews, they were one. That's what a union is: one... Ladies and gentlemen, the textile industry, in which you are spending your lives and your substance, and in which your children and their children will spend their lives and their substance, is the only industry in the whole length and breadth of the United States of America that is not unionized. Therefore, they are free to exploit you, to cheat you, to lie to you, and to take away what is rightfully yours - your health, a decent wage, a fit place to work. I would urge you to stop them by coming down to room 207 at the Golden Cherry Motel, to pick up a union card and to sign it... It comes from the Bible - according to the tribes of your fathers, ye shall inherit. It comes from Reuben Warshowsky - not unless you make it happen.

Wall Street-
Carl Fox: Stop going for the easy buck and start producing something with your life. Create, instead of living off the buying and selling of others.

Gordon Gekko: The richest one percent of this country owns half our country's wealth, five trillion dollars. One third of that comes from hard work, two thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons and what I do, stock and real estate speculation. It's bullpoop. You got ninety percent of the American public out there with little or no net worth. I create nothing. I own. We make the rules, pal. The news, war, peace, famine, upheaval, the price per paper clip. We pick that rabbit out of the hat while everybody sits out there wondering how the hell we did it. Now you're not naive enough to think we're living in a democracy, are you buddy? It's the free market. And you're a part of it. You've got that killer instinct. Stick around pal, I've still got a lot to teach you.

[This message has been edited by Stone (edited 2/2/2009).]
Posted by J Scheuering (+15) 13 years ago
Cher to Nicholas Cage in Moonstruck, as she slaps him..... "Snap out of it!"

Wizard of Oz
Dorothy: Toto, too?
Glinda Toto, too!

Clark Gable in Gone with the Wind, "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn."

Dudley Moore in Arthur "You must have hated this moose."

[This message has been edited by J Scheuering (edited 2/2/2009).]
supporter
Revenge of the Nerds after smoking a big fattie....

"What if C-A-T, really spelled dog?"
"Whoaaa... that's deep Ogar!"
Another favorite of mine is from Old School

"We're going streaking!"
Frank's wife: "FRANK! What the hell are you doing?"
Frank: "We're going streaking, through the quads to the gymnasium."
"Who... Frank get in the car!"
"But everybody's doing it!"
"Frank, get in the car"
"OK"
Frnank: "Hey honey, you think KFC is still open?"
"Tell me ... if you see ... a Radio Shack."

- Kung-POW! Enter the Fist
Quotes from The Big Lebowski

"You're out of your element Donnie!"

"Shut the @#$% up Donnie!"

"You said it man... Nobody @#$%s with the Jesus!"

"This ain't Nam Walter"

"Give us the money Lebowski or we'll cut off your chonsen"
"Everyone on the bus? Good, Great, Grand, Wonderful. NO YELLING ON THE BUS!!!"

Chris Farley in Billy Madison
supporter
There are mother***** snakes on the mother***** plane!
"Miss Lippy's car is green. Billy likes soda."

Rollo the Janitor to Eric

- Billy Madison

Whenever I ask someone a question and they give me a whole lotta' information that has nothing to do with anything (this happens a lot), I think of this exchange.

I'm looking at you, Richard.
Posted by dbertl (+114) 13 years ago
1. "I don't know. Part of me thinks the kid's right. He asks what he's done to deserve this. He wants to stay here, fine. Let's leave him and go home. But then another part of me thinks, what if by some miracle we stay, then actually make it out of here. Someday we might look back on this and decide that saving Private Ryan was the one decent thing we were able to pull out of this whole godawful, s****y mess. Like you said, Captain, maybe we do that, we all earn the right to go home."

2. Sergeant Angel: "Decaffeinated?!"

3. Danny Butterman: "But he's not Judge Judy and executioner!"

4. Smart: "Are you thinking what I'm thinking?"
Chief: "I don't know. Were you thinking, "Holy sh**, holy sh**, a swordfish almost went through my head"? If so, then yes."

5. "Ooq-Mi-Fay"-!

6. Customer: Hi, do you have the song "I Just Called To Say I Love You?" It's for my daughter's birthday.
Barry: Yea we have it.
Customer: Great, Great, can I have it?
Barry: No, no, you can't.
Customer: Why not?
Barry: Well, it's sentimental tacky crap. Do we look like the kind of store that sells I Just Called to Say I Love You? Go to the mall.

7. Rob: Why'd you have to tell her about the store?
Barry: Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't know it was classified information. I mean, I know we don't have any customers, but I thought that was a bad thing, not like, a business strategy

8. Debi: So, is there a Mrs. Mysterio?
Martin Q. Blank: No, but I do have a very nice cat?
Debi: Not the same.
Martin Q. Blank: Well, you don't know my cat, it's very demanding.
Debi: It? You don't know if it's a boy or girl?
Martin Q. Blank: I respect its privacy.

9. Shaun: I love you too, man.
Ed: Gaaayy!

10. Amber: My mom never hid the fact that my dad chose his career over us. What was it she always said?
Loretta: Once a carnie, always a carnie.
Amber: Mom still cries every time she sees a tilt-a-whirl or a fat lady in a tube top.
While this isn't a movie quote (it comes from an ESPN College Gameday advertisement from a few years ago), it remains one of my favorite exchanges -

Football fan - "What's my hot dog made out of?"

Chris Fowler - "It is what it is, through and through."

Football fan - "So, my hot dog is made of hot dog?"

Chris Fowler - "Your wisdom is surpassed only by your ignorance."
supporter
Predator
Jessie the body-Blain: (As he is taking a big wad of chewing tobacco)

"This stuff will make you a god damned sexual Tyrannosaurus, just like me."
Posted by Mr. Natural (+72) 13 years ago
[after putting dog poop in a paper bag and lighting it on fire on Old Man Clemens' porch]
Billy Madison: Oh my God, Old Man Clemens hates s***.
Frank: Shh, here he comes.
Old Man Clemens: Who the hell is it? What do you want? Judas Priest, Barbara, it's one of those flaming bags again.
Barbara: Don't put it out with your boots, Ted.
Old Man Clemens: Don't tell me my business, Devil Woman. Call the fire department, this one's outta control.
[Old Man Clemens steps on the bag, then lifts up his boot and smells]
Old Man Clemens: Eck, poop again.
Billy Madison: He called the s*** "poop".
[Billy, Jack, and Frank laugh hysterically]
Frank: This is the best night of my life.
[They continue laughing]
Old Man Clemens: I'll get you damn kids for this. You're all gonna die.

Let me quote the late great Colonel Sanders. He said: "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken."- Ricky Bobby
supporter
Posted by Big Dave (+441) 13 years ago
I'm not gonna debate this with ya, Jerry. Fargo

I'm not a satanic sex god anymore, I'm an elementary teacher. School of Rock
Posted by Jeff Newby (+158) 13 years ago
Heres a Chuck Noris one

I dont step on toes I step on necks!

ALIENS:
HUDSON: Game over man, Game over! What the F*** we gonna do now?!

TOMBSTONE:
WYATT: Skin that smokewagon and see what happens.
DOC HOILDAY (later in the movie): SAY WHEN!
We were talking about this at reynold's today.
In the movie The Rookie when the kid breaks his arm and goes to the doctor after the cast is removed. The kid whacks the doc in the nose and he yells, "FUNKY BUTT LOVIN'" I always thought that was funny.

I also like: "What? Friends listen to Endless Love in the dark." from Happy Gilmore
supporter
"TOMBSTONE:
WYATT: Skin that smokewagon and see what happens.
DOC HOILDAY (later in the movie): SAY WHEN!"

And also...
Doc : "I'm your Huckleberry"

Wyatt: "You called down the thunder, well now you've got it! You tell em' it comin! You tell them I'm comin'!! And Hell's comin' with me!!!"
supporter
From the movie Short Circuit (an 80's classic Steve Guttenberg! lol)

"What are we going to do?"
"I don't know about you.... but I am going to scream... and run!"
Posted by derf bergman (+590) 13 years ago
From "O Brother Where Art Thou"

Pete: Wait a minute. Who elected you leader of this outfit?

Ulysses: Well Pete, I figured it should be the one with the capacity for abstract thought. But if that ain't the consensus view, then hell, let's put it to a vote.
From "Field of Dreams"

Ray Kinsella: Fifty years ago, for five minutes you came within... y-you came this close. It would KILL some men to get so close to their dream and not touch it. God, they'd consider it a tragedy.

Dr. Archibald "Moonlight" Graham: Son, if I'd only gotten to be a doctor for five minutes... now that would have been a tragedy.

Archie Graham: (After ducking two pitches) Hey ump, how 'bout a warning?
Umpire: Sure, kid. Watch out you don't get kilt.

Terence Mann: Ray, people will come Ray. They'll come to Iowa for reasons they can't even fathom. They'll turn up your driveway not knowing for sure why they're doing it. They'll arrive at your door as innocent as children, longing for the past. Of course, we won't mind if you look around, you'll say. It's only $20 per person. They'll pass over the money without even thinking about it: for it is money they have and peace they lack. And they'll walk out to the bleachers; sit in shirtsleeves on a perfect afternoon. They'll find they have reserved seats somewhere along one of the baselines, where they sat when they were children and cheered their heroes. And they'll watch the game and it'll be as if they dipped themselves in magic waters. The memories will be so thick they'll have to brush them away from their faces. People will come Ray. The one constant through all the years, Ray, has been baseball. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It has been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time. This field, this game: it's a part of our past, Ray. It reminds of us of all that once was good and it could be again. Oh... people will come Ray. People will most definitely come.
"HOLY SCHNIKIES"
Posted by BigDryBug (+58) 13 years ago
The Prologue from Red Dawn:

"Soviet Union suffers worst wheat harvest in 55 years... Labor and food riots in Poland. Soviet troops invade... Cuba and Nicaragua reach troop strength goals of 500,000. El Salvador and Honduras fall... Greens Party gains control of West German Parliament. Demands withdrawal of nuclear weapons from European soil... Mexico plunged into revolution... NATO dissolves. United States stands alone.
Posted by Mr. Natural (+72) 13 years ago
"That's gunna leave a mark."

-Tommy Boy
supporter
Kelly nailed what is probably the movie line that I most often quote. It's from Cool Hand Luke when the prison warden (played to slimy sweaty perfection by the great character actor Strother Martin) patiently explains to Luke (Paul Newman) in a nasally Southern drawl. As Kelly said, it loses a lot when typed, so I'm gonna try to give it some good old Suthun Flayvah rightch hearah.

Watt we'uv got herah is - fayl-yur to CAHmuneAcate.

Oh, I forgot about the easy way to do things: YouTube to the rescue:

http://www.youtube.com/wa...fuDDqU6n4o

[This message has been edited by Steve Craddock (edited 2/9/2009).]
From Cool Hand Luke:

Dog Boy: Look Cap'n, look what he done to Blue. He's dead, he's dead. He run himself plum to death.

[Alone in a church, talking to God, as police lights begin flashing]
Luke: Is that your answer, old man? Well, I guess you're a hard case too.

[After he gets news that his mother is dead.]
Luke (singing quietly): I don't care if it rains or freezes,
long as I got my cardboard Jesus,
sittin' on the dash board of my truck.
supporter
############BE ADVISED: SCROLL PAST THIS IF YOU ARE EASILY OFFENDED - YOU DON'T HAVE TO READ THIS IF YOU DON'T WANT TO############

From South Park: Bigger, Longer, and Uncut (the Marines made Satan watch it repeatedly - awesome)

Satan: Do you always think about sex? I'm talking about very important stuff here

Saddam Hussein (in bed): No, no, I'm just excited about taking over the world, c'mon!

Satan: Is sex the only thing that matters to you?

Satan crawls into bed with Satan, Saddam cuddles

Saddam: I love you

Satan: I want to believe that

Saddam: So whatya say we shut off that light and get close, huh?

Lights go out

Satan: Uh, ow

Saddam: Yeah, ya like that, dontya b****
"I used to use this little gun when I was a prostitute" - Pineapple Express
Posted by Cheryl Gaer-Barlow (+481) 13 years ago
"Principles only mean something when it's inconvenient." The Contender
From To the Devil, A Daughter:

"It is not heresy, and I will not recant!"

- Father Michael Rayner (Christopher Lee)

There is an excerpt of this quote in White Zombie's Super-Charger Heaven.
In the spirit of unmitigated fury ...

From The Untouchables:

Al Capone (Robert DeNiro): "I want you to get this f**k where he breathes! I want you to find this nancy-boy Eliot Ness, I want him DEAD! I want his family DEAD! I want his house burned to the GROUND! I wanna go there in the middle of the night and I wanna P**S ON HIS ASHES!"

From Unforgiven:

Little Bill (Gene Hackman): "Well, sir, you are a cowardly son of a bi**h! You just shot an unarmed man!"

Will Munny (Clint Eastwood): "Well, he should have armed himself if he's going to decorate his saloon with my friend."

And (my favorite) ...

Will Munny, having just dispatched Little Bill: All right, I'm coming out! Any man I see out there, I'm gonna shoot him! Any sumbi**h takes a shot at me, I'm not only gonna kill him, but I'm gonna kill his wife, all his friends, and burn his damn house down!"
Posted by Kacey (+3154) 13 years ago
"What's true in our minds is true, whether some people know it or not."

"What some folks call impossible, is just stuff they haven't seen before."

Just some of the amazing lines from What Dreams May Come.
supporter
Posted by Levi Forman (+3707) 13 years ago
Dangit Brian, I was coming here to post that Unforgiven quote. Here's another one instead.

English Bob: Well, actually, what I heard was that you fell off your horse, drunk of course, and that you broke your bloody neck.
Little Bill Daggett: I heard that one myself, Bob. Hell, I even thought I was dead 'til I found out it was just that I was in Nebraska.
Posted by Samantha (+109) 13 years ago
From Goonies of course

"..OK, Brand. Michael Jackson didn't comw over to my house to use the bathroom, but his sister did." CHUNK
I don't think I could get all the words right with all the blank spaces, but the part in Gran Torino when Clint and the barber are teaching the kid to talk like a man was great. I was almost in tears I was laughing so hard.
Posted by urcrackinmeup (+141) 13 years ago
from Office Space...

Bob Slydell: You see, what we're actually trying to do here is, we're trying to get a feel for how people spend their day at work... so, if you would, would you walk us through a typical day, for you?

Peter Gibbons: Yeah.

Bob Slydell: Great.

Peter Gibbons: Well, I generally come in at least fifteen minutes late, ah, I use the side door - that way Lumbergh can't see me, heh heh - and, uh, after that I just sorta space out for about an hour.

Bob Porter: Da-uh? Space out?

Peter Gibbons: Yeah, I just stare at my desk; but it looks like I'm working. I do that for probably another hour after lunch, too. I'd say in a given week I probably only do about fifteen minutes of real, actual, work.
Posted by poisonspaghetti (+287) 13 years ago
"I thought I heard one of Alice's pies being sliced" Peter Brady in A Very Brady Christmas
Posted by hallick (+128) 13 years ago
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son." -- Animal House

"The kid just won't quit peeing and throwing up. He's like a cocker spaniel." -- Big Daddy

Hedley Lamarr: "My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Taggart: "Gal-darnit, Mr. Lamarr, you use your tongue prettier than a 20-dollar whore." -- Blazing Saddles
supporter
Posted by T Brown (+484) 13 years ago
Water sucks, it really, really sucks.....Henry Winkler, The Water Boy
Posted by Mary McClarty (+75) 13 years ago
"Rule #76. No Excuses. Play like a champion" and anything else from the Wedding Crashers!!
Posted by Samantha Hydrick (+16) 13 years ago
O'Brother

Ulysses Everett McGill: Well, ain't this place a geographical oddity. Two weeks from everywhere!

Ulysses Everett McGill: I am the only daddy you got! I'm the damn paterfamilias!

40 Year Old Virgin

David: You know how I know you're gay?
Cal: How? How do you know I'm gay?
David: Because you macraméd yourself a pair of jean shorts.

Talledega Nights

Ricky Bobby: Dear Lord baby Jesus, lyin' there in your ghost manger, just lookin' at your Baby Einstein developmental videos, learnin' 'bout shapes and colors. I would like to thank you for bringin' me and my mama together, and also that my kids no longer sound like retarded gang-bangers.

Anchorman

Ron Burgundy: I'm in a glass case of emotion!
"Hey Richard, who's your favorite Little Rascle? Alfalfa or is it Spanky?" Chris Farley Tommy Boy
Posted by TK (+1629) 13 years ago
Ellen Degeneres (spelling?) as Dory in Finding Nemo:
"I shall call him Squishy and he shall be mine and he shall be my Squishy. Come on, Squishy Come on, little Squishy."

Conversation between Ian Malcolm and Ellie Sattler in Jurassic Park (I love Dr. Sattler's response!):
Dr. Ian Malcolm: God creates dinosaurs. God destroys dinosaurs. God creates man. Man destroys God. Man creates dinosaurs...
Dr. Ellie Sattler: Dinosaurs eat man. Woman inherits the earth...

Journey to the Center of the Earth (2008 version with Brendan Fraser):
Trevor: [as they are climbing] Hey, look at all the shist.
Sean: What?
Trevor: It's a metamorphic rock. Green shist, white shist, micro-guarded shist...
Sean: Oh. Shist.
and ...
Sean: Oh, we're in deep schist.

From Sex and the City the Movie:
The good ones screw you, the bad ones screw you, and the rest don't know how to screw you.
Posted by Steve Sullivan (+1402) 13 years ago
Steve Martin to Carol Kayne - My Blue Heaven

Steve - "You shouldn't stand there like that."
Carol - "Why?"
Steve - "Because you'll melt all that stuff."

The Graduate - "Mrs. Robinson, you're trying to seduce me. Aren't you?

This Is Spinal Tap -
Nigel "You see, most blokes will be playing at 10. You're on 10, all the way up, all the way up...Where can you go from there? Nowhere. What we do, is if we need that extra push over the cliff...Eleven. One louder."

Nigel Tufnel is showing Marty DiBergi one of his favorite guitars
Nigel Tufnel: The sustain, listen to it.
Marty DiBergi: I don't hear anything.
Nigel Tufnel: Well you would though, if it were playing.
supporter
Posted by Bob L. (+5101) 13 years ago
Pulp Fiction: Jules

"There's a passage I got memorized. Ezekiel 25:17. The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you. I been sayin' that ---- for years. And if you ever heard it, it meant your ass."
supporter
Posted by Bob L. (+5101) 13 years ago
Another Pulp Fiction:

Jules: Do you know what they call a Quarter Pounder with cheese in France?
Brett: No.
Jules: Tell him, Vincent.
Vincent: Royale with cheese.
Jules: Royale with cheese. Do you know why they call it a Royale with cheese?
Brett: Because of the metric system?
Jules: Check out the big brain on Brett. You one smart MF.
supporter
Posted by dcjdinmn (+360) 13 years ago
This belongs either here or in the 'highly educated' thread.

Fredo to Michael in Godfather II

"I can handle things, I'm smart, not like everybody says. Not dumb, I'm smart, and I want respect!"

Like most, to actually hear it makes it so much better.

http://www.thegodfathertr...msmart.wav
supporter
Posted by Ken Minow (+382) 13 years ago
Another one from Pulp Fiction:
Butch: You okay?
Marsellus: Naw man. I'm pretty f....'n far from okay.
Posted by Derf Bergman (+590) 13 years ago
From "Saving Private Ryan" One of the best reality checks in Cinematic History. The squad has gone completely insane; threatening to quit, mutiny, shoot their prisoner, or shoot each other.

Captain Miller: "Upham, what's the pool on me up to?"

Upham: "Wha . . . ?"

Captain Miller: "The pool? What's it up to? (And then) I'm a schoolteacher. I teach English composition... in this little town called Adley, Pennsylvania. The last eleven years, I've been at Thomas Alva Edison High School. I coach the baseball team in the springtime. Back home, I tell people what I do for a living and they think well, now that figures. But over here, it's a big, a big mystery.

Horvath: "Well I'll be damned."

Captain Miller: So, I guess I've changed some. Sometimes I wonder if I've changed so much my wife is even going to recognize me, whenever it is that I get back to her. And how I'll ever be able to tell her about days like today. Ah, Ryan. I don't know anything about Ryan. I don't care. The man means nothing to me. It's just a name. But if... You know if going to Rumelle and finding him so that he can go home. If that earns me the right to get back to my wife, then that's my mission.

(Then to Private Reiben) You want to leave? You want to go off and fight the war? All right. All right. I won't stop you. I'll even put in the paperwork. I just know that every man I kill the farther away from home I feel.
This belongs either here or in the 'highly educated' thread.

Fredo to Michael in Godfather II

"I can handle things, I'm smart, not like everybody says. Not dumb, I'm smart, and I want respect!"

Like most, to actually hear it makes it so much better.

I was just thinking I had seen this quote in the yugioh thread.
"What one man can do, another can do."

- Charles Morse (played by Anthony Hopkins), The Edge
Posted by jessiker (+285) 13 years ago
"Stop looking at me, Swan!"

or

"If peeing your pants is cool, consider me Miles Davis!"
Posted by Michelle Portra (+40) 13 years ago
hmmm lets see
"Pete, we thoughts you was a toad!"-Oh Brother Where Art Thou?

"And the lion fell in love with the lamb, what a stupid lamb, what a messicistic(sp?) lion."- TWILIGHT!!!!

"Sorry about your dad." "How did you hear about it?" "On the wind a little birdie came to me to whisper it in my ear. And I saw your mom crying back at the store."-Smoke Signals

[This message has been edited by Michelle Portra (4/22/2009)]