Posted by Kathy Meidinger (+32) 13 years ago
Has anyone purchased the Amazon Kindle since it's been out? Any reviews?
Posted by Kyle L. Varnell (+3752) 13 years ago
I don't care how good it is nor do I see the necessity in being able to hold 200 books in one place (which seems odd seeing as how I've got an 80gb iPod filled to capacity with videos). For me nothing compares to going to my local bookstore, thumbing through, purchasing and turning each page and I can't really see these kinds of things killing off the book itself. For some though I can see a benefit to something like this but I've played around with one and was decidedly unimpressed.

This should help you out though.

Amazon Kindle
http://en.wikipedia.org/w...zon_Kindle
Posted by Kacey (+3154) 13 years ago
I agree that there is nothing to compare with holding a book in your hands and getting lost in it. I personally have a problem with electronics as my eyes get tired more easily reading off of a screen than off of paper. You never hear of eye strain from reading a book, but you hear of it often when using computer screens.
supporter
Posted by Jon Boe (+151) 13 years ago
Got my kid one for Christmas.... he loves it. He is 28 and part of the "new" generation. Maybe that makes a difference... don't know.. He has a loft in LoDo with "The Tattered Cover" within walking distance, so printed books are not an issue (Denver, Colorado). I guess he just likes the capabilities of the electronic device.
founder
supporter
sponsor
Posted by Hal Neumann (+10040) 13 years ago
For 99% of the reading I do, I think I'll stick with the printed page. But, I've been thinking that Kindle (or some such device) might be just the thing for reference materials.