New 'toy' at Politifact.com
Posted by RA (+648) 12 years ago
Here is an interesting new item from Politifact.com - the "Obameter: Tracking Obama's Campaign Promises". PolitiFact.com has compiled some 510 promises that Mr. Obama made during the campaign and is and will track his progress in keeping the promises.

As of this morning - 2 promises kept; 3 in the works; and 505 no action.

http://www.politifact.com.../promises/

While you visit the Obameter - you might also visit the Truth-O-Meter and the Flip-O-Meter.

Enjoy!!
Posted by Bob Netherton (+1893) 12 years ago
The Shrub-O-meter broke down.
founder
supporter
Posted by Amorette Allison (+11757) 12 years ago
Wow. Not even in office and he has already failed. Give him a break. Let him actually get to the White House
Posted by ABC (+381) 12 years ago
Amorette:

I hate to say this, but you over-reacted a bit. The original post said nothing that would indicate success or failure. It just reported the information on the website.

ABC
supporter
Posted by Steve Craddock (+2732) 12 years ago
The website appears to be as non-partisan/non-ideological as it can be. Given that Obama hasn't even taken office, the website is a bit premature in concept, and it's definitely premature for anyone to be touting "the score" - good, bad or indifferent. On that front, I understand completely Amorette's response.
Now come on Amorette and Steve! Nothing was stated in my orginal post that could even come close to being construed as Right, or Left of American politics - nor was it bashing Mr. Obama! My orginal post was merely a heads-up on seemingly good and interesting website.

Yes, you folks did appear to over-react by your responses. Would you both give the exact same measure of open-mindedness on this website if an individual that you did not support had been elected President?
supporter
Posted by Buck Showalter (+4461) 12 years ago
ABC, RA, catching anything?

I love phishing, too!

In my experience, there is greater gratification when you don't end up the one looking like a dumbass.

[This message has been edited by Buck Showalter (edited 1/15/2009).]
supporter
Geez RA, if you think I was "over-reacting" in my last post, I don't know what's left to say. I would like to know something, though: Just how "open-minded" you consider yourself to be?
ME?? You ask about my open-mindedness??

Open-minded, without a doubt, I assure you.
Posted by Schmitz - Matt (+402) 12 years ago
Well there you have it. Open minded he is. He said so.
supporter
Posted by Buck Showalter (+4461) 12 years ago
WATCH YOURE TEMPER CRAPDUCK
supporter
Glad to hear it, RA. Then you'll have no trouble go back and reading my original post on this thread in the spirit in which is was intended.
Gotta like those folks at Politifact.com - The Truth-o-meter!! It doesn't matter which side of the political isle you are on - the information given is interesting! Mr. Schweitzer is listed in regards to his comment on Mr. McCain's energy plan during the Presidential campaign - Mr. Schweitzer got a "Pants on Fire" rating.

And, Amorette & Steve, if you went to the site and checked out the Obama-meter before your posts you would have noted the two promises that he had kept were 1) to name at least one Republican to his cabinet; and 2) to bring a puppy into the First Family - which this week has been replaced by the promise to require taxpayers to report more detail on capital gains taxes. This week, 12 of Mr. Obama's promises are in the works - that is progress, folks! One promise is currently stalled.

Didn't Mr. Obama say this during his campaign? "I want you to hold our government accountable. I want you to hold me accountable."