Do you know what I have no interest in doing?
Posted by Brian A. Reed (+6115) 13 years ago
Ice skating.

founder
Posted by Bart Freese (+933) 13 years ago
I'll bring the sled and pull you. See you this afternoon!
Posted by jessiker (+285) 13 years ago
Hahaha! Me either....

But, if it's as ridiculously slick and horrid out there as it is here... you'd best stay inside if you have no interest in skating!
Posted by mule train (+1050) 13 years ago
I used to skate a ot when I was a kid. When I was living in Alaska, I thought, "why not pick it up again?" I couldn't have sucked worse on skates! What happened? It's not like riding a bike, that's for sure. I'll stick to ice cleats and ice fishing.
Posted by V (+175) 13 years ago
visited Alaska in 1990 and thought it was beautiful. What really cracks me up is that the cars just skate right through the traffic lights, with bungee cords holding their wipers, with gloves and hat on, head hanging outside the window, pulling the bungee cords to make the wipers work. Bungee cords also holding their doors shut.
Now that was funny..
founder
Posted by Bart Freese (+933) 13 years ago
Well, since someone else brought this back up . . .

Went out today and found the ice surprisingly good. I was expecting some real rough areas since the warm weather earlier in the week is not good for outdoor ice. I understand it had gotten bad, but the city crews laid down some water and smoothed it out very nicely. The skating is still great. Frankly, if you like skating you need the cold and there was plenty today and Sunday I understand to be a bit colder. Good news, the warming house is open. Get those skates. long johns, extra sweater and socks -- preferably clean ones. It will be 90 degrees before you know it.
supporter
Posted by Steve Craddock (+2738) 13 years ago
Is that a promise, Bart?

Call me slow and dim-witted (oh, you already have - well, think up something new then!) -- but I just now realized that the #1 Ice Skating Booster in Miles City has the last name Freese.

Coincidence? I think not!

[This message has been edited by Steve Craddock (edited 1/26/2009).]
Posted by Bob Netherton (+1887) 13 years ago
Watch out for his Freese-Ray.
Posted by CalebSamuelson (+116) 13 years ago
I was at the rink this afternoon and the ice was amazing. nice and smooth but with a few leaves frozen in the ice.