Crank it up
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+17335) 12 years ago
supporter
Hey Vikings fans! Did you read the message above?

CRANK IT UP!
supporter
I tell you what....Being an insufferable Eagles fan in a family rec room filled with 3 generations of Vikings fan, and being the only Eagles fan.....that's what makes being an insufferable Eagles fan feel really good!
4th Quarter: Westbrook catches screen pass from McNabb, runs 71 yards for a touchdown.....

ME: Oh ya, screen to Westbrook....this play always is good. Look at that block by the fullback.....oh my god, that block by Curtis...he COULD...GO....ALL...THE...WAY!!!!

WAPITI BOB'S DAD: Gunnar, will you please collect your crockpot and go home?
Posted by Bob Netherton (+1893) 12 years ago
I hope the Eagles kick the G-men's collective asses nest week!
Posted by mule train (+1056) 12 years ago
Eagles WILL beat the Giants on Sunday!!!!
supporter

4th quarter....playoffs....4th down.....TWICE!!!!!!STOPPED!!!!! STONE COLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Broncos Fans, how much would you like to have a defense who could stop the Number One rushing game in the NFL on 4th and SHORT??????

TWICE!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh yah, baby! Whose flying to Phoenix!!!!!!
Posted by ABC (+381) 12 years ago
>>Whose flying to Phoenix!!!!!!<<

I don't know, who is?

ABC
Posted by Bob Netherton (+1893) 12 years ago
The Eagles will stomp all over the Cards. It won't even be close. Meanwhile, the Steelers and Ravens will tear each other to shreds.

I predict the Eagles will win by 21 and the Steelers will win by 3.
Posted by Bruce Helland (+586) 12 years ago
I am!
supporter
Posted by Levi Forman (+3712) 12 years ago
I am not an Eagles fan, but I sure hope they do stomp the Cardinals. I hate it when a pretender like AZ gets to the superbowl.
supporter
sponsor
Posted by Frank Hardy (+1607) 12 years ago
Oh? Is that who's doing this year's halftime show? I thought it was Bruce Springsteen.

Cheers!
FH
supporter
Posted by Bridgier (+9195) 12 years ago
"I hate it when a pretender makes the superbowl"

There needs to be a better way to choose the AFC & NFC champions, that's for sure. Perhaps they could have all of the sportswriters & coaches vote on it.
supporter
A vote would never do...I would suggest letting a computer calculate who should go, based on incredibly complicated formulas involving conference and division strengths.
supporter
Posted by Wendy Wilson (+6165) 12 years ago
Aren't the Eagles all in their 50s and 60s by now? I don't see how they stand a chance against a pro football team. It seems mean to make them play.
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr (+14950) 12 years ago

You mean pretenders like the eagles? At this point, I am all about Arizona winning. Anytime an old guy like Warner has a chance to win... I don't think the NFC stands a chance against the AFC regardless of who wins.
Posted by down home (+41) 12 years ago

So if a team wins its division, albeit probably the weakest division in the NFL. Wins its 1st playoff game. Wins its 2nd playoff game against another division winner, and could possibly win its 3rd playoff game and go to the Superbowl. That team is a pretender?!

I agree with Richard that no matter who goes from the NFC it will be hard to win against whoever goes from the AFC.
supporter
Ignoring the Eagles midseason slide and McNabb's benching at Baltimore.....

The Eagles beat the Steelers at home this year.
The Steelers beat the Ravens twice this year.

How can they not be competitive?

The pretender comment is silly. All four teams have earned the right to be there. Much, much better system than the BCS.
supporter
Posted by Nancy Drew (+289) 12 years ago
I really like Jared Allen on the Vikings. I had heard he was a North Dakota farm boy.
supporter
Posted by Bob L. (+5095) 12 years ago
Nancy:

Nope. I believe Mr. Allen was born in Texas and played college foots at either Idaho or Idaho State (I think it was the latter).

The only NoDak on the Vikings roster is Jim Kleinsasser, from beautiful Carrington, ND and an alum of the University of North Dakota.

Linebacker Chad Greenway is from a little dumpy town in SoDak somewhere - and played college foots for the U. of Iowa.
I loaded up the radio with new batteries in anticipation of the Eagles manhandling of the Cardinals on Sunday. I will be on the ice fishing for some big macks.
Posted by TALBOT (+251) 12 years ago
You guys may be right about the Eagles beating the Cards this weekend. I wouldn't look for a blow-out though. Brian Westbrook re-injured his knee in the Giants game. He hasn't been to practice all week. He is supposed to work out at the "light practice" on friday. Nevertheless he said that if he practices or not this week he will start the game this weekend. So goes Westbrook, so go the Eagles. Upset???? Ummmmm ....could be.
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr (+14950) 12 years ago
Jared Allen | #69 | DE
Minnesota Vikings | Official Team Site

Height: 6-6 Weight: 270 Age: 26
Born: 4/3/1982 Dallas , TX
College: Idaho State
Experience: 5th season
High School: Los Gatos HS [CA]
The truth is I don't feel too confident about the Eagles winning this weekend. They have a great defense, but their offense is suspect at best. Arizona has been playing good lately, it should be a close game. If the Eagles win, it will be because their defense scores at least one touchdown maybe two.