Gallagher's Valued Employee - House Fire
supporter
Posted by VictoriaLynn (+280) 13 years ago
Rhonda is a long-term employee at Gallagher's Restaurant.

Rhonda was born on New Years Day. She went out to eat on New Year's Eve and a little after the new year, her house caught fire. Besides fire and smoke damage, pipes burst and her basement was flooded. Rhonda is living in a motel for the time being.

Rhonda is a very proud lady and believes in doing things on her own. However, I am taking this upon myself to post this in the hope that Rhonda will understand that I am invading her privacy because many people in the community care about her and admire her courage over the past year. She took care of her beloved husband until he died from cancer and their 16 year old kid (canine) died. She's wavered but working through.

Following her husband's death, Rhonda threw herself into some remodeling in her home, painting the exterior.....doing the things that she and Mike had always planned to do.

Several months ago, Rhonda found a light that brought new meaning and much joy....her faithful companion (also known as a canine) named Koda. Koda was in need of a home and although she was hesitant, Rhonda opened her heart to love again. The joy they found in each other was a wonder to see. Tragically, she lost Koda in the fire.

Even though this was Rhonda's first Christmas without Mike, she bought gifts for family and friends and embraced the holidays in her quest in moving forward.

I believe that Rhonda is a valued asset in our community. I am asking that the community assist Rhonda in donations to help her new year get off to a little brighter start. Rhonda is very deserving of this.

Donations can be dropped off at Gallagher's Restaurant or mailed to Gallagher's at 1215 South Haynes Avenue, Miles City, MT 59301 Checks can be made out to Rhonda Martin.

Thank you in advance for helping a lady that would not ask for anything, but would greatly appreciate it. Vickie & Gene

[This message has been edited by VictoriaLynn (edited 1/3/2009).]
supporter
sponsor
Posted by Frank Hardy (+1713) 13 years ago
Thanks for posting this. We just sent ours in.

FH
supporter
THANK YOU SO MUCH!
Posted by DJB (+97) 13 years ago
Rhonda is an awesome person, really sad to hear that this has happened to her, we are more than happy to donate. Is there anything else she needs? Clothes, furniture, appliances, etc.
Thanks for sharing this with us, Vicki, I'm sure lots of people are unaware of the this.
supporter
Thanks everyone for your kindness!

It sounds like everything is smoke damaged and after cleaning, she should be able to use again. Some of her photos and Mike's mementos were water damaged. It will be some time before she will be able to return home and living in a motel is lonesome especially without Koda.

I am giving her a check as I know she has the insurance deductible to meet, etc. I know she will put it to good use.

I agree - Rhonda is AWESOME! Thanks, Vickie
Posted by shelley (+12) 13 years ago
Vicky, will you give rhonda my deepest condolence. I know what its like. We had a fire about 9 years ago we lost everything, im most thankful me and my kids got out. Im greatful she is ok.
Shelley J
supporter
Bump
supporter
Just an update on Rhonda.....she and workers continue with the cleanup following the fire and smoke damage. She's working too many hours in trying to keep herself busy. Maybe I shouldn't post this, but......Rhonda is having a very difficult time and I am concerned for her. Too many losses in too short of a time. I think hearing from the community could be of some comfort to her.

You can drop Rhonda a note, card or donation (or both) to:

Rhonda Martin
407 Hubble Street
Miles City, MT 59301

Thank you
Posted by ABE (+419) 13 years ago
I just want to thank you all for your care and concern. I have seen where some of you have said that you sent a donation. As I informed Vickie, the address that she posted is the physical address for Gallagher's, not the mailing address. If you sent a donation to that address, it should have been returned to you. If it wasn't, please check to see how it was endorsed. I do not want people thinking that I am ungrateful because I didn't acknowledge their gift. I just want to make you aware that I never received it. The best thing to do, as Vickie said, is to send it to my address. I sometimes wonder why I stay in Miles City, when my family lives in Bozeman. It's people like all of you that I stay. This is one of the most compassionate and caring communities I have ever lived in. Thank you all.

Sincerely,
Rhonda Martin
supporter
sponsor
Posted by Frank Hardy (+1713) 13 years ago
Rhonda,

Our check was cashed by Gallagher's. We assumed that you received the monies. Please let me know if you did not. It was for $50.00 and cleared our bank on 1/14.

Best wishes!
FH
supporter
Rhonda, our check has not cleared the bank so it must be floating around. Anyway, I am sending a check to your home address. You are in our thoughts daily. You are such an asset to Miles City. Vickie