Where are the best places to go sledding?
Posted by Rydog (+69) 12 years ago
Any suggestions on some good sledding spots not too far from town?
supporter
Posted by Buck Showalter (+4454) 12 years ago
Just head out on Sheffield Road until you see something appropriate, I remember the best spot being on the right side of the road as you head away from the highway, it was past the usual drinking and shooting spots, but there are plenty of them out there.

Near the pond at the golf course has some good ones too.
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr (+14724) 12 years ago
I don't know if it is still legal sled there, but there was a great hill out at Woodruff park. With a toboggan you could go from the top of the hill almost to the highway. Be sure and get permission if you need it.
supporter
Posted by Rick Kuchynka (+4456) 12 years ago
I always thought Miles City needed a semi-groomed sledding hill. Woodruff can be fun, but there are usually lots of submerged obstacles to worry about.

Maybe something could be improvised on the newly reworked slope of Carbon Hill under the tank.
founder
Posted by Bart Freese (+931) 12 years ago
If you have an old runner sled, the ice hill at the skating rink is fun. We were out yesterday and you could go all the way from the top of the ice hill to clear across the skating rink. Snow sleds don't go anywhere near that far, but still are fun. Located just behind Denton Field next to the tennis courts, probably the closest spot.
supporter
Posted by Rick Kuchynka (+4456) 12 years ago
I remember doing that when I was little. Haven't had a sled with runners for years though.

I wonder if anyone in town even sells them anymore.
founder
Posted by Bart Freese (+931) 12 years ago
I looked at ACE, which is where I bought my last one -- well, make that Coast to Coast. They might have had some, but when I looked, just before Christmas, I didn't see any.
supporter
sponsor
Posted by Frank Hardy (+1486) 12 years ago