New Years Resolutions?
Posted by Brian (+355) 13 years ago
People are asking me if I'm making any New Years Resolutions. I merely smile and say, "If I need a holiday to justify doing something to improve my quality of life, chances are I probably won't stick with it." (Saying something that in Glasgow generally gets me looks of confusion, but one must anticipate such things.)

However, I have learned to make resolutions that can be accomplished within the first day.

Let's see...I resolve to learn at least 1 new Russian word this year. "Internet" is "Internete." Okay, that one's done.

Anybody else have any "time effective resolutions?"
supporter
Posted by Kelly (+2743) 13 years ago
During my lifetime, I have only once kept a New Year Resolution. That was the year I resolved to not make New Year Resolutions.

supporter
Posted by Wendy Wilson (+6171) 13 years ago
I'm resolving to be nicer to people. Except Richard.
Posted by jkuhl (+88) 13 years ago
I resolve to start vlogging on youtube, but I haven't quite got the guts for it yet. Anyone have some guts they could loan me?
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr (+15082) 13 years ago
"I'm resolving to be nicer to people. Except Richard."

So you are saying that I am not "people"?
Posted by Joshua Austill (+91) 13 years ago
No Richard, by saying EXCEPT implies that you MUST be people, otherwise it would be a moot point, as it wouldn't apply to you in the first place to except .
Posted by V (+175) 13 years ago
I just don't make them any more...I agree with the first person. I never full fill the resolution that I make to myself. It's like when someone says diet to me it means eat more food. So I just do it without thinking diet or resolution.
Posted by Josh Rath (+2312) 13 years ago
My New Years Resolution: 1440x900. Haha!
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr (+15082) 13 years ago
Josh: that is a pretty high resolution.

My resolution is to simply survive another trip around the sun.
Posted by AJS (+214) 13 years ago
How to be Happy all through the year.
open my web site:
www.nwrain.com/~ajs
use your mouse to travel
wise old man

Jim
supporter
Posted by Wendy Wilson (+6171) 13 years ago
Either way, Richard, I'm not being nicer to you!
Posted by TK (+1629) 13 years ago
My husband and I have compromised on a few resolutions for us as a couple. As for me, I have STOPPED making resolutions to lose my "baby pounds" after I had my daughter 3 years ago--I've come to the conclusion I'm probably never going to get back into my 5/6's again, so I am thinking about getting rid of them!!!! LOL