Caylee Anthony 2005-2008
founder
Posted by KELLY BABCOCK (+192) 13 years ago
Particularly since the remains have been positivly identified, there has been a great deal of discussion on whether or not it will be possible to sit an impartial jury, when Casey is tried.

I would like to know how each of you feel, in regards to the guilt or innocence of the "tot mom." Do you think she can get a fair trial? I would like to hear your opinions.
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr (+15094) 13 years ago
Unless "we" are part of the jury hearing the evidence first hand "we" can't render a proper verdict. The mom is innocent until proven guilty.
founder
Posted by KELLY BABCOCK (+192) 13 years ago
In a perfect world, you are 100% correct, Richard. That is the way it should be. But my question is: are there 12 people who honestly believe in "innocent until proven guilty", or has the jury pool been contaminated, so completely, that it can't be done? Are you saying that you haven't formed an opinion? That question isn't sarcasim. I'ld really like to know, if 12 people, will respond, saying that, they, as an individual, could sit on this jury, without a preformed opinion.
Posted by J. Dyba (+1345) 13 years ago
I probably could. I really only follow news stories that are important. While this deal about Caylee is tragic in nature, it really isn't all that important.
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+17752) 13 years ago
I could, too. I have no idea what this case is about. I listened to NPR for an hour this morning, and did not hear it discussed.
supporter
Posted by K.Duffy (+1808) 13 years ago
I think, unless some of Casey's fingerprints show up on the duct tape, the defense is going to come up with enough reasonable doubt to get her off. Also, all the bazaar behavior of Casey's will probably be excluded from the testimony. For Gunnar, who must actually have a life , Casey led the police on quite a merry chase, including lying about working at Universal Studio, she led them all the way down the hallway to show them her "office" before confessing she hadn't worked there in 2 yrs...
She's in an class, all her own! (Just my opinion, Richard)

[This message has been edited by K.Duffy (edited 12/22/2008).]
founder
Posted by David Schott (+17532) 13 years ago
I just hope CNN puts Nancy Grace out of a job (and out of my misery) now that "baby Caylee" has been found.
supporter
Posted by Steve Craddock (+2738) 13 years ago
I continue to be stupefied at why the media blows certain crimes that have no bearing on the world completely out of proportion. Yes, Caylee's situation is tragic, but it is not unique and the media coverage didn't do anything but create a circus environment. What benefits came out of the 24/7 coverage? And Nancy Grace is a disgrace to both the legal and journalistic professions - if not to the entire human race.

The media needs to direct a larger portion of its resources (airtime, investigative reporters, etc.) to the environmental, economic and health issues that actually have widespread impact. A little more coverage and front-page accountability regarding of the deregulation of investment banks might have helped avert the current financial crisis.

Who knows what crises lurk out there in other quarters. One thing's for sure - the more stories like Caylee and the Bahama murder mystery clog up the arteries of our media, the less likely we are to find out in time to take preventative action.
founder
Posted by David Schott (+17532) 13 years ago
I've had a tremendous dislike for Nancy Grace ever since I realized that XM Radio's CNN Headline News is really just 24-hour Nancy Grace and Glen Beck. That's not news.

I was listening to Nancy Grace talk about some mountain climbers who had been rescued from Mount Hood in Oregon. Just weeks before some other climbers had died on Mount Hood. Nancy was interviewing some expert on the subject:

Tim the expert describes the rescue and talks about how emergency locator beacons carried by the climbers allowed them to be found quickly.

Nancy: "So tell me, Tim, why is it that this time we got these climbers off the mountain alive whereas just two weeks ago it was a much different story?"

Tim: "Well, Nancy, as I mentioned the fact that these climbers had emergency locator beacons allowed us to locate them quickly and get them off the mountain."

More discussion...

Nancy: "Tim, what was different about this rescue? How is it that we had such a different outcome this time?"

Tim: "Well, Nancy, it was really the emergency locator beacons that made the difference this time. It allowed us to quickly locate the climbers."

Nancy: "Tell me, Tim, how are we going to get mountain climbers to wear emergency locator beacons when I can't even get drunk drivers off the roads?"

[That's not exact but it's very close to how I recall the conversation to have gone.]

How is it this woman has a national television "news" program?

And I haven't listened to her "Caylee" coverage at all but I swear everytime I've passed by her program for the past several months that's all she's been talking about.

- Dave
Posted by Joshua Austill (+92) 13 years ago
I could be impartial, I have NO idea who in the world yall are talking about. I DO however strongly believe in innocent until proven guilty WITHOUT A DOUBT!!!
Posted by JLB (+217) 13 years ago
Well I think I would be a tainted juror. To be fair I would have to ask to be excused. I would do her no good to sit thru hearing all of her lies. I have seen too much, read too much and yes I have pretty much come to the conclusion that she is guilty. I think it is a high possibility, unfortunately, that she will get off just due to reasonable doubt. Her actions have made me suspicious all along. The lies, lack of emotion, waiting a month to report her daughter missing all the while out partying. She appears to be cold hearted in my eyes. Also the fact that she was researching chloroform and household products that kill is a clue that she may have something to do with this. Now her parents all the sudden have information, but won't reveal it unless they get an immunity deal. Messed up all the way around!!! The only emotion I have heard about Casey is the fact that she had a panic attack when they found the body and I don't think it had anything to do with a grieving mother.

[This message has been edited by JLB (edited 12/22/2008).]
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr (+15094) 13 years ago
"I just hope CNN puts Nancy Grace out of a job (and out of my misery) now that "baby Caylee" has been found."

She will probably go back to "new evidence" found in the Natalie Holloway case. Seems to me that we have a preoccupation with blonde haired, blue-eyed females in this country.