Justice For Adam, Closure For The Walshes
Posted by Kyle L. Varnell (+3752) 13 years ago
Police: 1981 Murder of Son of America's Most Wanted Anchor John Walsh Is Solved
http://www.foxnews.com/st...05,00.html

This just got to me today. I don't know if it's full justice as the man was never charged and the investigation was severely bungled but at least they have some sort of closure. I can't even imagine what they have gone through but it's amazing to see just how they turned that grief into something positive with the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children and America's Most Wanted.

Keep up the good work Mr. Walsh!
Posted by J. Dyba (+1345) 13 years ago
It truly is an amazing story when you realize the number of children who's lives were saved by the work this one man did. I can't imagine that ever happening to my own son, the thought is... well I just try to avoid those types of thoughts.
founder
supporter
Posted by Amorette Allison (+11984) 13 years ago
Another lesson learned is don't say to your small child, when in a large store, go watch tv unsupervised while I shop. We used to work at Kmart and the number of parents who thought the appliance department was a cheap babysitter was appalling. When shopping with a small child, you are responsible for the small child. Not the store.
Posted by JLB (+217) 13 years ago
I agree with Amorette, I didn't realize how that all came about, just knew the basics with the Walsh story. It may of been a different time back then, but I will have to say when I had my son the "mother bear instict" was instant. He is NEVER out of my sight in the store, no wandering period!! It makes me uncomfortable when strangers try to talk to him, that's too bad, but you just never know who these people are. I remember my mom having to use a dog leash on my brother when we were in Disneyland over 20 some years ago...he tended to be a wanderer at times so this was the solution, she didn't care what people thought of it her feeling was better to be safe than sorry.
Posted by Mike Zier (+139) 13 years ago
Still happens today--Go to a ball game and see how many young kids are unsupervised--parents in the stands--kids running around