jeffrey dean hillier
Posted by hilinetransplant (+133) 11 years ago
My older brother jeff passed away today after a long illness. A great artist and musician. He definatley followed the beat of his own drum
Posted by Kacey (+3151) 11 years ago
My condolences to you and yours. It's always hard to lose someone, no matter how long we prepare ourselves for it.
founder
supporter
Posted by Amorette Allison (+9846) 11 years ago
Argh! He was one of Bart's childhood friends. I am SO SORRY to hear this!
Posted by Dana Jablinske (+88) 11 years ago
Scott: I am so sorry to hear about Jeff. I had no idea he was even ill. Please know that my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. In love and friendship, Dana
Posted by Robin (+75) 11 years ago
I went to school with Jeff...so sorry to hear about this..
Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers, it means alot to our family.
founder
Posted by Bart Freese (+930) 11 years ago
Yea, would you email me and tell me more.

Jeff and I were great friends all through grade school and high school. The last time I saw him was when he was in town about 10 plus years ago. He had kind of fallen off the map, and it was a great surprise to see him.

This really is bad news. When my daughters and I went out trick-or-treating this year we went down Knight Street and went up to your old house. I told the kids how an good friend of mine had grown up here. It was fun going down that street with my kids because I sure made a lot of trips that way myself at there age.

Rats. That really is sad news. Jeff was a great friend.
Posted by Michael Wallick (+23) 11 years ago
My deepest sympathies. I remember him well from band in school.

Mike
supporter
Posted by Wendy Wilson (+6169) 11 years ago
My condolences to Jeff's family. I was in band with him also. Is there an obituary online somewhere?
supporter
Posted by Kelly (+2585) 11 years ago
My condolensces as well. We lived at 517 Knight for a number of years. Wasn't it Jeff's car that the tree limb fell on during the hail storm of '78? As I remember it was brand new and didn't yet have insurance. Please correct me if I'm wrong. Again, sorry for your lose.

Kelly Thibault
the obit. should be in the miles city paper soon
Kelly, nope, that was my crappy ford pinto that i had to buy to replace my wonderful 69 ford gran torino that my brother jeff wrecked! A picture of the tree and my smashed car was in the star. jeff was an aweful driver i must say. He wrecked another of my vehicles also. lol.
founder
The obit is in tonight's Star. The Star story says you can go to the funeral home web site to leave a message for the family, but the site -- http://www.jgfuneralhome....&site=0264 does not have anything listed yet.
founder
Now, any chance that Jeff's dad is going to read this? If so, I'm not telling my Jeff driving stories and wrecks. If Sheldon's not likely to read, then I'll let fly.
no he won't read this.
Posted by Kirk Haggerty (+16) 11 years ago
Scott, I am so sorry to hear of the passing of Jeff. When Mary called me yesterday from Kalispell with the news, I've been reminiscing of all the great times we had together in High School... like the New Years Eve party we put on at your house...we worked on that party for 2 months getting everything together. He REALLY was an artist at everything he did. I will never forget him.
supporter
Posted by Diona Austill (+185) 11 years ago
Scott and family,
I am so sorry to hear about Jeff. I really missed him after school. I know he didn't have the greatest life and hope he is in a better place now.
Diona Warn
Posted by Mary McClarty (+84) 11 years ago
My thoughts and prayers are with the Hillier family. Jeff also could swim like a fish and he was a gifted actor.
Posted by steve Larson (+35) 11 years ago
Growing up on the north side of the tracks i could see Mitch, Scott and Jeffs house from ours on garland. I still remember all the snowmobiles in the garage,and some baseball in the summer. My thought and prayers for all.

[This message has been edited by steve Larson (edited 12/17/2008).]
All of your kind words about jeff really mean alot to us. He really was a unique individual and a great big brother. Thank you very much
Posted by snickers (+803) 11 years ago
My condolences to the Hillier Family. Jeff will be missed.
Allison Campbell
founder
I was talking with a couple of folks yesterday and we are planning to have an open house/memorial for Jeff over Christmas break at our house. No date has been set yet, but I'll let people know ahead of time. Jeff wasn't just a friend of mine, but really the whole family -- even the cats. We'll have to break out the old photo albums, because I know there will be pictures we can go over.
Posted by Lori Blunt (+8) 11 years ago
Jeff was one of my favorite people in high school. Our class of '79 certainly has lost a lot of wonderful people. My condolences to the whole family.
Posted by Dana Jablinske (+88) 11 years ago
BART: What a great tribute to our friend..Wish I could be there to help celebrate his life!! Could you please post some pictures of Jeff? I believe there is a photo of Jeff in Choraleers with a ruffled shirt and tux on - that is the one that keeps coming to mind.
Posted by Kim (+38) 11 years ago
Hi Scott,

So sorry to hear of your brother's passing. Please know that you are in our thoughts and prayers.

Kim Blunt
founder
I think we will be holding a get together for friends to remember Jeff on Saturday the 27th of December. That date isn't written in stone, but at this point looks good. When it is finalized we'll run an ad or two in the Star to let the none MC.COM folks know. Most likely it will be in the afternoon -- our address is 121 N.12th. Bring your own photos and stories.
Posted by Ragna (+23) 11 years ago
Scott,
So sorry to hear about Jeff. I also remember all the fun times at the pool. My favorite is Jeff swimming the 4 mile without his suit.
Clasic.
My sympathy to you and your family.
Ragna Rivenes Jensen Bartholomew
founder
We will be hosting a memorial gathering this Saturday, December 27th from 2 to 4 p.m. at the old Freese house 121 N. 12th. Any old friends of Jeff's are welcome to attend. There should be an ad in Friday's Star and I hope I gave them the right date.

Milescity.com folks please help us out. Since this is pretty short notice, those who have posted here, please contact any friends you think might be interested. We will have a guest book to sign and I plan to send it and some photos of the gathering to the Hillier family.

We're looking forward to having a chance to remember a good friend.
founder
I know the weather is not great, but hope that friends of Jeff will come on over tomorrow -- Saturday the 27th.

I had a chance to talk with Jeff's mom and dad today and they wished they could come down, but too many miles and too much weather between northwest Montana and southeastern Montana. We'll be taking photos and sending them to the Hilliers.

I've only found a few photos so far, but will keep looking.

Looking forward to seeing friends and remember Jeff tomorrow.
Posted by Garth Anderson (+5) 11 years ago
Friends,

I just learned of Jeff's death. He was one of my best friends in high school with whom I shared his whacked sense of humor and irreverence toward the bigshots! Although I lost touch with him a few years after graduation, I have many fond memories of our "adventures", such as unfurling the anti-Ayatollah Khomeini banner off the underpass and hanging spirit posters of questionable taste in the school halls. Jeff will be missed. I wish I could join your tribute today.

Garth Anderson
founder
Garth,

I'll have the computer out so folks can read your comment. And, I might add, soooo true about Jeff.

Now, I have to finish cleaning the house. Somewhere under all the clutter is the vacuum cleaner.

Bart
I hope all of you are doing great and i can't tell you how much it means to us to see some of jeff's friends responding so warmly about jeff. Bart, thanks for doing this for him and i am sure he is looking down upon you there with a smile and as usual a smart ass remark! all in fun as you well know with his dry sense of humor.
founder
Good turn out -- both in person and by phone.

Lots of Jeff memories -- King Tut Go Western Day performance, etc.

I'll email photos as soon as I find the stupid camera cord.

Bart
Posted by Garth Anderson (+5) 11 years ago
Glad you had a great turnout! Still can't believe Jeff talked me into doing that King Tut number.... or the Powder Puff Cheerleading....

Garth
Posted by Lori Blunt (+8) 11 years ago
The King Tut performance will go down in history. What a classic! I had to pull up Steve Martin on You Tube to show my kids. http://www.youtube.com/wa...P7AJiQM2RI
Posted by Kirk Haggerty (+16) 11 years ago
Jeff was so smart.
Does anybody know why we did that King Tut routine in the first place?
It was because the theme of that particular GO Western Days was Roots. And of course everybody knows that the oldest western civilization known was the Egyptians.
Garth, if you remember, we even made the national news at noon on the radio.
Jeff was so smart.
I miss my friend.
Posted by Bret Sotkiewicz (+9) 10 years ago
I happened to run across this website in looking for a Jeff Hillier who was a friend of mine, but I'm not sure if this is the gentleman that I am thinking of. Did Jeff used to live in Sacramento, CA? If this is him, I am so sorry to hear of his passing.

Thank you for letting me know.

Bret Sotkiewicz
Sacramento, CA
[email protected]
Posted by Patti Hughes (+90) 10 years ago
Scott, I am deeply sorry for your loss and like Ragna said, the best memories at the pool with him. Pati Kuehl
Posted by hilinetransplant (+133) 10 years ago
Yes brett, that was him. and thank you for your thoughts