What a Hero!
Posted by Samantha (+115) 14 years ago
You know if you think about it with this tradgedy that has plagued our town, Jace Beardsley certainly was a hero in the whole thing. This is coming from a conversation I had with someone, not fully my thought but I support it. From what the news states about him driving the car from the Spur to HRH, while in the passenger seat to get her any kind of help possible, I give him a medal of honor or something of the sort. For one, does anyone realize how curvy the path from the Spur to the ER is, especially after drinking and on the wrong side of the car.
Also, he called 911. He could have waited for EMS, but that could have turned out more tragic.

This is for Jace- Don't think that you didn't help try to save Catherine. You did what was best for you and her and I think if she could, she would thank you for trying. Stay strong and God bless you for your efforts and quick thinking. I'm sorry you lost your friend and My heart goes out to you and the Woods' family.
Posted by angel987 (+9) 14 years ago
Amen!
supporter
Posted by Levi Forman (+3712) 14 years ago
Sounds like he did all he could. I sure don't envy him having the experience.
supporter
sponsor
Posted by Matt Smith (+794) 14 years ago
I agree.

He made the best of a BAD situation.
Posted by JLB (+210) 14 years ago
I think it is amazing that he could even think straight during all of this. I am not sure I could of done what he did. I am so sorry that he had to experience such a situation. HERO??? YES INDEED!!!!
May your heart heal with time and pain be eased knowing how many people...friends, family and strangers appreciate what you did, and know that there are many who care.
Posted by MollieP (+136) 14 years ago
We love you Jase!
Posted by hallick (+121) 14 years ago
True heroism is remarkably sober, very undramatic. It is not the urge to surpass all others at whatever cost, but the urge to serve others, at whatever cost.

* Arthur Ashe
Posted by Barbara Hoover (+41) 14 years ago
Jace, Just know that we are a community united to help not only your family but also Catherine's. Take Care
Posted by Ted Stein (+99) 14 years ago
Everyone who helped in this tragic event should be given a big Thank You. So to all Thank you for doing the best with the situation at hand. You all did a remarkable thing. God Bless and may time heal all hearts.