Caledonian Society Members
supporter
Posted by Stone (+1588) 11 years ago
It is with heavy hearts that we mourn the loss of our friend and teacher Catherine Woods. We have been unable to contact some of the Caledonian Society Members and for that please accept our sincerest apologies. You are all very important to us and we are thanking you in advance for all your help and support in this time of need.

There will be a gathering for all the dancers at Stevenson & Sons Funeral Home on Tuesday November 25, 2008 from 3:30 - 4:00 pm. If you have a favorite picture you would like to share please bring it with you to be included on the memory boards for Catherine.

Funeral Services will be at 11:00 am at the First Presbyterian Church. All dancers in attendance are asked to wear their full kilt outfits. A luncheon will be held at the Sacred Heart School Gym immediately following the service. If your last name begins with A-M please bring a dessert. If your last name begins with N-Z please bring a salad. You can drop your item at the school cafeteria before 10:00 am.

If you have any questions please call Jodi Stone 234-1883 or Carol Bartholomew 234-1987. Thanks again for all your help.
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr (+14145) 11 years ago
One of the things I struggle with the most about living out of town is the passing of people I have known. I remember when Catherine was born and when she dance the highland fling for the first time. Unfortunately, It is not always possible to be there for the memorial service and to support the family. In lieu of being there, I have spent a few minutes putting together my own tribute which is the best I can do right now. Please click on the link, turn up your sound and press the play button. Meditate on whatever brings you comfort.

http://web.me.com/richard...lcome.html

[This message has been edited by Richard Bonine, Jr (edited 11/25/2008).]
supporter
Posted by Stone (+1588) 11 years ago
Richard, thank you.
Posted by Chris McRae DeBoer (+10) 11 years ago
Thanks, Richard, for including the Scottish tune and the photo of Catherine. To all Caledonian Club folks, but especially to the families involved, may God uphold you through this difficult time.

Chris McRae DeBoer
Posted by jamie vlastelic (+239) 11 years ago
tried to get this to work and it just shows her picture!
Posted by Sharlene (+1202) 11 years ago
Thank you Richard. That was truly beautiful and it fit her personality to a "T". Catherine was an exceptional person who could light up a room with just a smile. I am blessed that I knew her and I love her family just like my own. I believe God took this Angel to him and that she is dancing to her hearts delight in Heaven.
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr (+14145) 11 years ago
Jamie: "tried to get this to work and it just shows her picture!"
This is just a guess, but I suspect you don't have Quicktime on your computer? Sorry you unable to hear the pipes.
founder
Posted by Bart Freese (+930) 11 years ago
I'd like to remind people who brought food to the Woods' funeral that you can pick up your dishes, crocks, etc. at the school. We have a table of items. Please, stop in at the office and we'll get you headed in the right direction.