Happy Thanksgiving
supporter
Posted by Steve Craddock (+2733) 13 years ago
Howdy Y'all!

Well, I'm about to hit the road heading south - destination Colorado! - so I can enjoy the holiday in the company of nieces, nephews, aunts, uncles, cousins, long-time friends (I use the world "old" very sparingly these days) and even my sister who is has to travel NORTH to get to Colorado.

As I write these words, it occurs to me what a shame it is that families are so spread out these days. Those of you who are living in your hometown surrounded by your personal history and loved ones have something extra special to give thanks for this holiday - so don't forget to do it, preferably as you're all hugging each other!

One of the things I'm grateful for is this wonderful community of Miles City, including the virtual community of milescity.com (even Mr. Shipley!). You have all made my life here very interesting, amusing and thought-provoking.

So, before I fire up the old jalopy ("old" is used correctly here!), I just wanted to wish all of you a very Happy Thanksgiving. Have a great one, and I'll see y'all back here in about a week.

Almost forgot: NPR featured an interesting Dale Carnegie exercise the other day for Thanksgiving: You list all the good things in your life, then imagine life without them, and then add them back into your life one by one. The point is that when you finish, you realize how truly rich you are. Try it - methinks you'll be amazed.

[This message has been edited by Steve Craddock (edited 11/22/2008).]
Posted by V (+170) 13 years ago
I don't think that I could have said it better..I don't know you but have a wonderful Thanksgiving and God speed.
Posted by Bob Netherton (+1882) 13 years ago
Happy Thanksgiving, Crapduck!
Posted by Cynthia A. (+198) 13 years ago
I am thankful for the freedom we have in this blessed country we live in. Thankful for my family, my children and my husband bless my heart beyond measure. Thankful for my health. thankful for this community. Thankful for my church family (we do not have "family" here in Miles City, but the good Lord supplies)....thankful for my childrens schools. THankful for opportunity. Thankful for a warm house...thankful for jobs. Thankful Simply thankful. In all situations we have something to be thankful for, even if it just another day to breathe. We should have thankful hearts all year long.

Happy Thankgiving.
Posted by Kacey (+3161) 13 years ago
Happy Thanksgiving to all!
supporter
Posted by Shu (+1796) 13 years ago
Happy Thanksgiving to one and all! I am Thankful for a few things, too...like the Thanksgiving song by Adam Sandler...goes like this:

"Love to eat turkey
Love to eat turkey

Love to eat turkey
'Cause it's good
Love to eat turkey
Like a good boy should
'Cause it's turkey to eat
So good

Turkey for me
Turkey for you
Let's eat the turkey
In my big brown shoe
Love to eat the turkey
At the table
I once saw a movie
With Betty Grable
Eat that turkey
All night long
Fifty million Elvis fans
Can't be wrong
Turkey lurkey doo and
Turkey lurkey dap
I eat that turkey
Then I take a nap

Thanksgiving is a special night
Jimmy Walker used to say Dynomite
That's right
Turkey with gravy and cranberry
Can't believe the Mets traded Darryl Strawberry
Turkey for you and
Turkey for me
Can't believe Tyson
Gave that girl V.D.

White meat, dark meat
You just can't lose
I fell off my moped
And I got a bruise
Turkey in the oven
And the buns in the toaster
I'll never take down
My Cheryl Tiegs poster
Wrap the turkey up
In aluminum foil
My brother likes to [censored]
With baby oil
Turkey and sweet potato pie
Sammy Davis Jr.
Only had one eye

Turkey for the girls and
Turkey for the boys
My favorite kind of pants
Are corduroys
Gobble gobble goo and
Gobble gobble gickel
I wish turkey
Only cost a nickel
Oh I love turkey on Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving everybody!"
Posted by Frank Cory (+233) 13 years ago
<Thankful for a warm house...thankful for jobs. Thankful Simply thankful. In all situations we have something to be thankful for, even if it just another day to breathe. We should have thankful hearts all year long.

Happy Thankgiving.>

but i wonder. I wonder about the true cause of all this "thanksgiving"? How many mention the word "God" as the intended recipient of all this feeling of thankfulness?? I think I know. We are thankful for the things God can give...and as long as He doesn't demand to much of us...well yeah maybe we can put up with'em. We'll accept the Turkey and dressingas our rightful due.
But...the question is real. Just who is it that ought we to be thankful too for all we have? Do we give credit to carbon and silicon for being so clever as to create all this wonderful reality? Maybe we ought to thank ourselves for being so intelligent and hardworking...and not to mention just nice folk?

I dunno folks...our so called thanking seems a little stingy to me. Geeze...that doesn't sound very cheery does it? Awwww never mind.
Posted by urcrackinmeup (+135) 13 years ago
That was really uplifting Frank Cory.
I was excited about this thread, I thought it would be positive. Was I wrong?

Pretty synical point of few there. Pretty judgmental, as well. Pretty sad. Do you know really know the other people posting on here? You don't know me, and youdon't know the battles that have been fought in my life. I give thanks to God in ALL THINGS...I thank Him that trials bring strength and character, a chance to draw closer to Him. I do not just thank Him on the easy days... I am a person that raises my hands in thanks on the WORST of days, because I TRULY believe we can be thankful in all things. Don't attempt to judge another persons heart, that is to be left to only One.

Hey, Happy Thanksgiving to you.

[This message has been edited by Cynthia A. (edited 11/24/2008).]
<That was really uplifting Frank Cory.>

Why does everything have to be "uplifting"? Can't it be enough that it is ...true?
<I was excited about this thread, I thought it would be positive. Was I wrong?>

Could be. All I was doing was asking a simple question. Then again..i could have posted a smiley face. Would that have helped any?
yeah. Happy THankgiving.

[This message has been edited by Cynthia A. (edited 11/24/2008).]
supporter
sponsor
Posted by Frank Hardy (+1610) 13 years ago
Posted by Linda L. (+76) 13 years ago
I think it's interesting how a really, truly wonderful thread can go from being friendly, thoughtful, and uplifting, not to mention thought provoking, to something that "we" feel the need to argue over.

So, I must add a favorite saying: Opinions are like a*&holes; everybody's got one and nobody really gives a damn.

Oh, and by the way, for what it's worth, I'm extremely thankful to God that he took my husband away from all of his pain and misery. The hubby's in so much better a place than any of us can even pretend to imagine.

Uplifting? Maybe not. Thought provoking? I sure hope so. Sincere? You damn straight!
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+17462) 13 years ago
supporter
Posted by Wendy Wilson (+6166) 13 years ago
Well, Mr. Cory, you've done it again.

Happy Thanksgiving to all, even you!

[This message has been edited by Wendy Wilson (edited 11/26/2008).]