paintball clubs?
Posted by mhaus (+41) 13 years ago
are there any paintball clubs in miles city?
Posted by Kacey (+3159) 13 years ago
You might check with Angry Monkey paintball in Billings and see if Jason can give you any information.
866-679-8625
supporter
Posted by Levi Forman (+3712) 13 years ago
Somebody should build a course. I have never played but it sounds like fun and I wouldn't think it would be too difficult to find some inexpensive land with appropriate terrain pretty close to MC.
Posted by emilie q (+37) 13 years ago
A place to go shoot paintball guns would be great. My son has been wanting one for 2 years, but I wont get him one because we live in town and he has no where to shoot it.
Posted by Steve Allison (+981) 13 years ago
You might check with the Fun2U group. They are looking for things to add to the rec. center they are working on. The more things that can be added to one site the better the site can support itself.
Posted by M G (+194) 13 years ago
Back in the day, we used to go down by the river near the BNSF bridge. Park between the road and the rails, walk the dike for 100 yards or so and there you are. Between the dike and the river is a nice big field with perfect topography.

I'm sure that the area is still being used judging by the occasional spattering of paint under the bridges and along the way.
Posted by Tony Manero (+98) 13 years ago
A bunch of friends and I play there still. We are currently looking for land to build a course. If anyone has some idea's I would love to hear them. Also anyone is welcome to play with us. just shoot me an e-mail and I'll let you know when and where we'll play next. Also, we're currently building a paintball tank! be on the lookout!
supporter
Posted by Levi Forman (+3712) 13 years ago
What kind of terrain makes for good paintball? You want hills? Flat land, trees? How big an area do you need? Just curious cause I've never played.
any open land will do. if it has trees and hills thats good. if it's flat that ok too cause you can always build trenches or bunkers or whatever you want. you don't want it too small though. and you have to take the wildlife into account as well. try to stay away from cattle and horses and houses for that matter.
Posted by BigDryBug (+64) 13 years ago
Talk to Justin Russell or Tim M. at the MCFR. They both are avid paintballers. They often play along the Tongue River.
They're the ones i play with. Good fellas.
Posted by Tyler R (+62) 13 years ago
Thanks BigDryBug(haven't seen you in a while) and Tony. We are always looking for new players to come out and have a good time. Right now we have about 16 people that we play with and we also have contacts for a couple other groups that play around here, so potentially about 30+ contacts and looking for more.

Levi to go a little further than Tony told you the type of land all depends on how you like to play. If the land is flat and somewhat open it means the games are fast moving and aggressive. Where as if it is densely wooded it is more of a defensive ambush type of game. I think the best type is moderately covered in brush and with hills. It makes the games a little more fast paced and leaves areas to flank the cover positions.

As like Tony said we are looking for a private area close to MC to play on that will allow us to build some bunkers. We are willing to fix fences and do any odd jobs for the use of the land. Also the bunkers are removable (newer palates with support braces)so when we are done they can be set to the side. A little fun fact about modern paintballs, they are food based, biodegradable and will wash off in the rain. Not the actual "paintballs" of the past.

Any questions just send me an e-mail or just post here.

Justin T. Russell
Posted by BigDryBug (+64) 13 years ago
Hi Justin:

If you need any other bunker material, especially in the fall, I grow lots of LARGE pumpkins each year. Let me know, and I could drop some off at your place.
Posted by Tyler R (+62) 13 years ago
I'm always looking for more to add to my collection.
Posted by miles city paintball club (+180) 10 years ago
my name is tony cain one of the founders of the miles city paintball club BAD COMPANY we have several fields and always looking for new players april 29th @7 pm we are having a meeting april 30 is our first pre-season milsim game if interrested call 234-4641 ask for tony and if i dont answer dont be afraid to leave a message
Posted by JakobM80 (+11) 10 years ago
my name is Jakob Miles and i have used a few different places in town to go paint balling and one of my most used one is close to the area mentioned in the picture above. i have several friends of mine we get about 6-10 people when we go out and i know that almost if not all of us would love to join the paint ball club and we would love to join all of you whenever we can. my number is 853-3243 so please for everybody that plays let me know and i would love to join you.

P.S. if you get this in time i would love to know where the paintball club meeting is tonight??
Posted by JaDee (+67) 10 years ago
AIRPORT INN AT 7:00 P.M. IN THE CONFERENCE ROOM
Posted by Matthew R Eurich (+10) 10 years ago
Yes, there is a Mles City Paintball Club, they try and play every sunday afternoon, 200pm till dark, pending weather. They will be putting on a paintball event @ Sunday creek along the jordan Highway on 21 May 2011. Call Matt Eurich @ 406-853-5623 for information on club rentals and rates for sunday open play and spring shootout event all the procceds go to the club and field improvements at sunday creek location. The club is currently working on getting an information booth at the farmers market this summer, starting at bucking horse sale. The club in conjunction with local start-up paintball company Tactical Opertions Paintball (TOP) will be able to provide, rentals, expertise for group events. Please feel free to call me (Matt Eurich)@ the above number for questions concerning sunday open play and/or the spring shootout.
Posted by Conan Donnelly (+49) 8 years ago
does it cost money to join the club or play on the feilds?if so how much?and is it always open?
Posted by cyndie (+352) 8 years ago
Conan. I don't think they have it any more. They were having meetings at the Airport Inn on Wednesdays I think....
Posted by Conan Donnelly (+49) 8 years ago
ok thanks
supporter
Posted by cubby (+2629) 8 years ago
He still has it, just call the # listed and ask for Tony. I work with him and he said it's still up and running, always loking for new members. just cold right now and no one wants to play in the cold LOL

[This message has been edited by cubby (1/25/2013)]