supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr (+14145) 11 years ago
It is with sadness and a heavy heart that I convey the news about the passing of Bob While early this morning. Bob and his wife Dianne met while both were teaching at Washington School in Miles City. He was principal of Twin Spruce Jr. High here in Gillette for many years and retired about 6 years ago. He was a GREAT teacher.

I attend church with Bob and Dianne. Bob's life is a testimony to the power of a praying wife placing her trust in the power of a sovereign God. Bob was a very intellectual "prove it to me" kind of guy who became convinced of the truth of the Gospel.

Bob said something to me several weeks ago that has forever changed my life. He said, "Mistakes are nothing more than an opportunity to start over and try again with a better education". That statement has brought immense encouragement to me. While I am comforted in the knowledge that Bob is in the presence of the Lord, he will be greatly missed.

There is something about Bob's passing that brings back a big picture focus to life. Suddenly, in the blink of an eye, the minutia and seemingly unending saga of life pales in comparison to the realization of the brevity life. We all need to do a better job of getting to truly know and love our neighbor, rather than all of the hollering and complaining we do toward one another. Life is short and we need to make the most of our opportunities.

[This message has been edited by Richard Bonine, Jr (edited 10/25/2008).]