Custer's Last Stout
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+14860) 15 years ago
Congratulations to the Montana Brewing Co. of Billings for taking the gold medal in the Foreign (Export)-Style Stout category at the 2004 Great American Beer Festival, which was held in Denver this past weekend. Their Custer's Last Stout defeated two Oregon brewery's stout offerings for the gold, including the much bigger Deschutes Brewery (Obsidian Stout). Quite an accomplishment for a Montana micro-brewery.
Posted by Sara (pelletier) Kellum (+58) 15 years ago
That is very cool! I do have to say that it was my brother-in-law who won the gold!
Posted by Gina Suess (+30) 15 years ago
Mmm...beer is good stuff.
Posted by Jen Pelletier-Zeilstra (+9) 15 years ago
Hey just wanted to say thanks for posting this thread! My husband Travis is the brewmaster at Montana Brewing Co. It was very exciting for him to win. this was his rookie year brewing on his own and entered the festival mainly for the judges feedback. It was also awesome that he beat his former boss in Pacific City Oregon, He took silver!! P.S. Sara that would be your favorite brother-law!!
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr (+14302) 15 years ago
How can I get some of this? How does it compare to Guiness extra stout, or the stout at the rock bottom in Denver?
But he is a denver fan!!
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+14860) 15 years ago
Better than that, how about posting his recipe so I can brew some of my own?
Posted by Amy Pelletier-Pontius (+35) 15 years ago
Now, everybody knows beer is made from Barley--Right Trav?!?
Barley!?! ha ha ha