Posted by JAGB (+110) 13 years ago
Help !!!!!
Awile back there was a discussion on where the equipment from Old Milestown Brewing went (I couldn't fine it) so I would like that info again. Also are they brewing the same beer for sale ???????
Posted by Slosh (+701) 13 years ago
The equipment was sold to a brewer in Wibaux (Beaver Creek Brewing I think). I have no idea if they're brewing the same beer as Milestown, but I doubt it. I could really go for a Lemongrass right now though.
supporter
Posted by Levi Forman (+3712) 13 years ago
http://milescity.com/foru...fpid=35655

This may be the thread you were looking for.

Some more info:

http://www.lastbestbrews.com/?p=93

And their beer:

Wibaux's Gold is a filtered golden ale, lighter body with just a slight bitterness. It is slightly sweetened using local honey, is highly carbonated, has good head retention, and has a very clean, dry aftertaste.

Beaver Creek Paddlefish Stout Made with dark roasted malts with a smooth espresso finish

Beaver Creek Pale Ale - Our refreshingly hoppy ale

Beaver Creek Redheaded IPA - Our rich red India Pale Ale with bold hop flavors

Don't know how up to date this is.

[This message has been edited by Levi Forman (edited 10/22/2008).]
supporter
Posted by Levi Forman (+3712) 13 years ago
I hope they are doing well. Given the size of Wibaux and the number of bud light drinkers in eastern MT it seems risky but it's a cool thing to have in the area. Do they sell bottled beer as well or do you only get it in their taproom?
founder
Posted by Chad (+1763) 13 years ago
I was in Baker Friday and heard a radio ad for the Beaver Creek Brewery. It talked about the beer names and how great it is, typical beer place ad. Sounds like a good effort is being made, but the end of the ad..... well you decide...

Female Voice:

"Our beaver tastes better than everyone elses"
founder
supporter
sponsor
Posted by Hal Neumann (+9919) 13 years ago
When I saw the header I thought perhaps Major Pain had been promoted.
Posted by sandon (+25) 13 years ago
The Brewery is opened. Tap Room opened Thursday - Sunday 4-8pm. We currently have 5 beers on tap including the ones mentioned and now a Wheat brewed with Sweet Orange Peel..7.6%ABV. Free popcorn. Beer Brats on our homemade bread made with spent grains and yeast from the brewing process. No smoking environment!!! We also produce hand crafted Root Beer.

Business is exceptionally well. Bud drinkers, etc. can enjoy a Wibaux's Gold to initiate their "virgin" palates to the craft beer. We are pilot brewing Pumkin beer at this point and other seasonals to follow. I also enjoyed the Lemon Grass. We will consider "Old Milestown" in the future as well, however each brewery is unique and our beers are great!!!

"Beers To Ya"
Sandon Stinnett
Brewer/Owner
Beaver Creek Brewery
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+17321) 13 years ago
and now a Wheat brewed with Sweet Orange Peel..7.6%ABV

Sweet...sounds like a Grand Cru. Too bad you are like 500 miles from Helena.

I wish you the best of luck.
Posted by JAGB (+110) 13 years ago
THANKS for all the info. I will be sure to make it there to try the beer!!!!!
Had quite the crew in from Helena last week. All the fellas were hunting and were in for two nights to get their limit. We get lots of people from all over MT. I send back full growlers and kegs with my brother to Bozeman for all his friends. Some sort of private party going on this week or next in Miles City at the Montana? Bar. They have requested a keg and others in Miles City have as well.
Beaver Creek Brewery is supplying two kegs to the Bison Bar this weekend for Octoberfest activities. The paddlefish Stout and Beaver Creek Pale Ale will be available.

"Beers To Ya"