Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+17731) 13 years ago
Phils 5-2
Posted by Mike Zier (+139) 13 years ago
Jimmy Blast in the 1st
Damn, I'm out
Posted by TALBOT (+246) 13 years ago
I was out in the 3rd inning.
Congratulations Phills Fans !!!! You are going to the World Series!!!!
A lot of Dodger Fans and the Media are questioning how Joe Torre mis-managed this series but not this Dodger Fan.........The Dodgers lost to the better team in a 7 game series and I can live with that.
Nice talking play off baseball with you guys.
Talbot
Posted by Bob Netherton (+1887) 13 years ago
Don't feel too bad Talbot. I'm a Mariners fan. It's been about as fun as having glass shards shoved under your fingernails for the last few of years.
supporter
Posted by Ken Minow (+382) 13 years ago
Congrads to the Phillys-I'm also a Dodger fan and I think Torre did a great job.I'd say any post season beats the hell outta no postseason.
Posted by Kyle L. Varnell (+3752) 13 years ago
As a Mariner fan Bob I think we can both agree that it's going to be great to see that Jamie Moyer is finally going to get a World Series ring. Hopefully he can get the one they give for the winning team but at least he's got one now.

Hopefully this will be when the Phillies win the Series.
supporter
5-1, and I guessed 5-2! I should not have understimated the talents of the Phillies pitching staff!
Yeah, if only Manny could bat with runners on base!
Moyer is da man!
Posted by mule train (+1050) 13 years ago
Hamels pitching game 1 tonight...Zier are you still taking predictions?

I'll say 5-1 Phils.
I'll take Phil's 3-2 in a rare low scoring Phillies game
I gotta believe it's going to be a low scoring Phills game too. I say 6-2 Rays.
I'm going with the Phills in 6 games. Tonight they'll win 4-1.
well, I'm out........3-0 Phills in the 4th.
supporter
Woo hoo! Nice call on the score, Mike.
One down three to go
GREAT GAME! The Phillies could have won that game by 10 runs had Howard done something. He needs to snap out of his funk and light some [email protected] up!
YES! Thanks to the Rays Jason Bartlett we all get a free taco from Taco Hell! As for the game tonight I'll take the Phillies to win.
supporter
It has taken some time.....his inexperience clearly shows......but Ryan Howard might, just might, be on the verge of becoming the next Mr. October.
supporter
Posted by Bob L. (+5101) 13 years ago
This series is COMPLETELY OVER

Today's line:

Philly -175
Tampa +160

It's over, I tells ya! The Rays are dead, they have NO CHANCE tonight!

*trying to jinx the Phillies*
Makes me wish I had a Howard rookie card....Zier??? I know your holding.

Lock up your valuables in Philly!!!! The City of Brotherly Love will be celebrating tonight!
It'll be interesting to see how The Rays respond. As they well know being up 3-1 doesn't automatically stamp your ticket to the next round. Withe Cole Hamels on the mound for the Phillies it looks like Phillie will take it but you never know.

Hopefully Jamie can get fitted for a ring tonight. After nearly 25 years it's well deserved.
Mule,

as a matter of fact I do have a few Ryan Howard Rookies...Bowman and Bowman Chrome.....I could part with the Bowman but Nobody......Do you hear me? Nobody will get any of my Chrome...
Kyle,

In an in-direct way you pointed out why the PHILLIES will win. The off the wall job that both Moyer and Blanton did in games 3 and 4. If Brett Myers would have pitched alittle better it might be all over.

of course the Rays can say the same about their 3 and 4 starters who up till the series have been light's out!
Alright Zier...you let me know. I'll be back in MC for Thanksgiving if there is any chance you'll be around??? Otherwise we'll go the old USPS route. GO PHILS!
Here we go! The final game in Philadelphia and hopefully the final game in the 2008 World Series. Not to presume anything but I think it's fair to say that just about every Seattle Mariner fan wants to see the Phillies win it tonight if for no other reason to see number 50 get a World Series Champions ring.

10,000 losses last year to a World Series win this year.

GO PHILLIES!
6:45pm It's raining pretty hard in Philly. Would they call the game and have them re-do it all over say tomorrow? That would suck. The Phillies are leading and it's in the 4th. I can't imagine they'd call it for Philly but a re-do makes about as much sense. I'd say unless it gets really bad to the point where it's interfering with pitchers etc, then call it.

Until then, let 'em play.

[This message has been edited by Kyle L. Varnell (edited 10/27/2008).]
I think the last two innings were that bad HOWEVER MLB got this one right. I want the phils to win but not on a called game.

Besides the Phillies have three more at bats then the Rays. Something positive
supporter
Too bad its supposed to rain just as hard tomorrow in Philly.
So??? If rained out again tonight...Wed?
Mule,

I doubt they'd cancel it again tonight if for no other reason than it's only going to be 2 & 1/2 innings of game. They played 6 & 1/2 in it so 2.5 shouldn't be much of a problem. I suspect they're going to put that diamond dust stuff on the field prior to the game tonight.

GO PHILLIES!
Just saw an email from phillies.com saying game pushed back to Wed.
I'd read the commish said they'd stay in Philly until Thanksgiving, if necessary.
From what I understand the game will be played tonight starting a little after 6:30 our time.The forecast calls for a 20% chance of rain and it's supposed to get down to 35 degrees at game time. Bud Selig says they will be monitoring the weather forecast hourly, so who knows.
GO BASEBALL!!!!
Go Baseball???? GO PHILLIES!!!! Wrap it up in a 1 hour game!
A pizza, a six-pack of Pyramid's Apricot Ale and a Phillies win tonight - What could be better?
YES!!!! The Phillies are up 3-2! Oh what a great game! Geoff Jenkins gets his first post-season hit and makes it count! Keep it coming Phillies, keep it coming.

[This message has been edited by Kyle L. Varnell (edited 10/29/2008).]
Three outs to go...

Lidge

Lidge

Lidge
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Jamie Moyer filally gets the ring he so richly deserves. Congrats to the Phillies and certainly congrats to Jamie Moyer!

THE PHILLIES ARE WORLD SERIES CHAMPS!!!!!!!!!!

That was a great shot of Jamie and his family. Brought a tear to my eye.

[This message has been edited by Kyle L. Varnell (edited 10/29/2008).]
1993 was a long time ago...1980 was even longer...I hope the Phils can keep it up for years to come.
Mule,

Let's not get to cocky remember we're the Phillies!!!

World Champs.....mlb.com here I come to drop a 100 on those sweet hats and shirts
supporter
Posted by Ken Minow (+382) 13 years ago
Wow-Nice resounding chorus of "Boos" from the great Philly fans.Twice- when Bud Selig was introduced and when the guy receiving the trophy from Selig acknowleged the Rays.Real class there.
supporter
That's why they are Philadelphia fans, Ken....the bestest best fans in the world!!!! They even booed Sarah Palin at the Flyers game!

Now, how about those WORLD CHAMPION PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES!!!!

I fixed Philly cheese steaks for dinner tonight, just to enjoy the game with....only I used bighorn sheep steaks for the meat!
Posted by Slosh (+696) 13 years ago
Congratulations Phillies, you now have as many world titles in your 125 years as the Marlins do in their 15. (I love pointing that out.)

But seriously, a great win by the Phils. They deserved it.
I too would like to congratulate the Phillies Phans. It didn't matter to me who won this World Series( 'cause you know I'm a Dodger Fan) but I (like many other baseball fans around the country) didn't think that they could even win three games, let alone the series. Your pitchers stepped up when it was asked of them and Ryan Howard and Pat Burell pulled out of their slumps just at the right time. Again....I want to congratulate the Philadelphia Phillies and their fans on their much deserved win.
GO BASEBALL!!!!!!!!
This is worth watching....

http://www.philly.com/phi...60729.html

I especially like the guy yelling "take that New York!" classic Philadelphis phans.