admin
founder
Posted by MilesCity.com Webmaster (+9864) 11 years ago
I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one pondering this issue, however, I would like to know - what in the hell happened?

In the past, you demanded truth in discussion and debate - and that has not been apparent from your recent posts.

I know Brian left town (he publicly announced it here), Laney was not leaving town (you told me, through e-mail), you apparently split town (you didn't tell me), and where is Alice? Is she still in Miles City?

I'm a bit ticked off at you, in part, due to the fact that I wrote a C# Win32 Service to pull a live image from the webcam (which was purchased by visitors of MilesCity.com) every ten minutes. That code is still banging your non-existent server for a new image - so now I have to go pull that code back out of my CVS repository and rewrite and recompile it since it does more than just that. That is a big pain in my ass.

You could have at least TOLD ME beforehand so I don't have my server banging on a dead one every 10 minutes.

Oh, and BTW, did I mention I'm ticked?

I hope someone goes and grabs that fricking webcam off the pole or building or wherever it is, and relocates it - but unfortunately, there is probably software required to operate it which only you have - unless it can be found on the Internet somewhere.

I can't imagine how unhappy the Miles City Chamber of Commerce, the Miles City Rotary Club, or any business you served may be - but I'm kinda feeling a little bit of that myself.

If you are a man of honor, then speak up, and explain the situation - without any of the BS from before - and help anyone who inherits the webcam, so that it will operate properly. That act would be appreciated.
Posted by Jeff Newby (+149) 11 years ago
Went somewhere else to run for office
Posted by Kyle L. Varnell (+3743) 11 years ago
It looks like he said that he was going to be gone for a little while:

http://milescity.com/foru...8886#58938

Perhaps after this time he'll be back with us, webcam in hand.
Posted by spike (+47) 11 years ago
Mr. Brandt, What is going to happen with all the money I paid you to maintain my computers for a year. I recently paid you $1,600.00 up front for the maintenance and you split town on me. I am requesting you to refund the entire amount now. You cashed the check the same day it was written to you, it would be greatly appreiciated if you refunded me immediately, Roger @ RMC
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr (+14303) 11 years ago
Maybe... he "evolved". :ducking:
Posted by Larry (+153) 11 years ago
Eric led us on for months with his promises. He lied to us right up to the day he left in the wee hours of the morning before anyone was up. I will let you know that he has taken alot of us businesses in town for lots of money. Mr. Brandt, your time is coming. I know we will see you again, most likely in jail. Larry
Posted by GVC (+513) 11 years ago
Is this really a surprise?

gvc's wife
Posted by Kyle L. Varnell (+3743) 11 years ago
It seems there are some people who are just a wee bit mad at Eric. From a couple of the posts I've read it seems he's scammed some people in some way. Other than the webcam evidently belonging to the people of MC what else has he done?
Posted by Dave Thompson (+62) 11 years ago
um.. not trying to fuel any fires here... but.. just curious really.. a lot of people are saying a lot of things about mr brandt.. yet we still havent heard his side of things...maybe he just hasnt the time yet to get on a puter and spend some time reading and responding and explaining.. maybe... and if and when he does respond.. it may or may not be the truth or whatnot.. but lets not get things out of control without the the other party being able to say his piece... not a fan of any party.. just playin a bit of a devils advocate?? and this is just my HO.
Posted by mule train (+1053) 11 years ago
Eric...I'll be in Greeley on Oct. 25th for the GRIZ game...if you want to give me the software for the webcam, I'll bring it up to Miles City at Thanksgiving and give it to whoever wants to take over the webcam. Let me know.
supporter
Posted by Bob L. (+5047) 11 years ago
Hey Mule, you're quite the prognosticator. Gas was $2.79 this AM in Fargo, ND...FWIW.
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+14865) 11 years ago
Maybe Bert Elwood of Miles City Personal Computing could get the web cam up and running? I'm sure he could find all the right parts after a week or so of dumpster diving.
founder
Posted by David Schott (+15318) 11 years ago
Gunnar, I think it would take about a week just to sit through Bert's outgoing phone message... so, maybe in two weeks.

I'd be curious to know what crime people think Eric has committed. I believe that "criminal" fraud requires that the accused knowingly engages in deceitful practices. Otherwise, I believe that a business failing to deliver is a civil matter, not a criminal matter. Your thoughts?

- Dave
Posted by Tom Hoffmann (+38) 11 years ago
I personally went into the chamber of commerce office and talked to John and warned him about Eric, but my words fell on deaf ears. I also warned other businesses in town about how he backstabs and rips you off and most people just shruged it off so in a way I don't feel sorry for them. I personally was burnt for 2,500.00 for a bunch of web and graphic design work I did for him. I reckon we all learn the hard way.
supporter
Posted by GW (+437) 11 years ago
Does anyone know where his employees went? I thought the two guys who helped out in the back were great.
supporter
Posted by Cory Cutting (+1270) 11 years ago
Im in Windsor (10 miles from Greeley) every weekend. Maybe my Italian friend and I could pay a visit?!
admin
founder
In regards to the webcam, as far as I was told (or was already posted somewhere else here) -- Eric did leave the webcam and the software and such to run it -- so at least he did that.

Someone else is going to take care of it from now on and get it up and running again at some point, and as I understand, it will likely be relocated to another position on Main Street -- it is a work in progress.
founder
supporter
Posted by Amorette Allison (+10501) 11 years ago
Brian left town for another job and Brandon went to Stockman Bank, where he can probably anticipate regular pay checks.
supporter
Posted by Bob L. (+5047) 11 years ago
Amorette:

Please quit piling on. Thank you.
Posted by Brian (+358) 11 years ago
First of all, GW, thank you for the compliment. I had a great time working with the people of Miles City.

Amorette, I didn't exactly leave town for another job...it's significantly more complicated than that. But that is a story for another time.

It has been a concern of mine ever since things started going south that people would associate what would eventually happen to Brandt ITC with me. I sold that contract to RMC, and even though the situation is out of my hands, I am sorry for what happened and I hope that things can get figured out to everybody's satisfaction.

It may have been Eric's business, but it was our faces out there, selling contracts and smoothing out the problems.

Missing you all terribly,
Brian
founder
supporter
It's always tough on employees--especially good ones--when a business crashes and burns. I enjoyed working with Brian on the Ghost Tour. I wish him the best of luck.
Posted by Jeff Newby (+149) 11 years ago
Damn Corey I didnt know you were there Shawna and I are in Cheyenne and her mom lives in Windsor

[This message has been edited by Jeff Newby (edited 10/10/2008).]
admin
founder
Bob L. said:

> Please quit piling on. Thank you.

Respectfully, I don't think she's "piling on". She originally posted what was about to happen -- it was disputed -- and you know what? It happened.

She was 100% correct and there's a lot of unhappy people in Miles City and I've got a "pile" of e-mails. I think a little drama is required in this situation.

Also, as far as I know, Brian is not someone to direct any blame towards nor one to have any hard feelings against. He's a smart guy that did a bunch of work for someone else. Even Mr. Brandt basically pointed this out to me in one of the last e-mails I received from him.

I'm still waiting for Mr. Brandt's response to this thread, however.
Posted by TK (+1620) 11 years ago
Neither Brian nor Brandon are to blame for anything--they both came to our office and kept things running smoothly. The only time we ever heard from Eric was when our contracts needed to be renewed. In my opinion, Brian and Brandon are the ones who kept the business going and kept the customers happy. Kudos to them--Good luck to you Brian--keep in touch!
Posted by Eric Brandt (+842) 11 years ago
I will present details about my activities as I SEE FIT. Your bantering, begging and incessant beration will neither improve your condition nor damage mine. None of you are entitled to know the private details of my life or business, contrary to your obvious belief.

As usual, I WILL NOT discuss business in a public environment. Those who have business with me have the right to keep that business private.

There are important things that require my attention right now. The webcam is being taken care of as well as business contracts etc.
Posted by spike (+47) 11 years ago
Eric, Just how are you taking care of the business contracts?? You ripped me off and you are NOT taking care of the contracts. Why don't you tell the truth for a change. Roger @ RMC
Posted by Stephenie (+64) 11 years ago
If the webcam was taken care of, wouldn't it still be up and running???
Posted by BLT (+90) 11 years ago
He sees fit...huh...funny...takes money leaves in the night,shuts down websites with no notice.

Make your judgement about this guy.

Bet he doesn't show up in town publicly.

I can't wait to cast my vote for him...not.
supporter
Posted by julieinmc (+515) 11 years ago
What a flake!
supporter
Posted by julieinmc (+515) 11 years ago
Sorry, I shouldn't be calling names, but I feel so sorry for all of the people he scammed. It sounds like this guy needs to be criminally prosecuted.
Posted by VLC (+52) 11 years ago
Are you sure Brandan went to Stockman Bank? I heard he was going into business for himself. He sure has the knowledge and talent to start his own place....... Just talked to a friend of his and he is not working at Stockman.
founder
supporter
Oh, sorry. I was told he was working at Stockman but you know the grapevine. I know he isn't working at Brandt Info Tech!
Posted by Sally Fields (+22) 11 years ago
What kind of people are Brian and Brandon knew this was coming down the pipe?(Obviously they did because they were relocating before Eric left) As far as I am concerned they should be judged due to not fair warning people but instead continuing to sell Eric's services knowing he wasnt going to stick around. Even if they quit selling services, they had a hint at some point of whatwas going down
Posted by ABC (+391) 11 years ago
Woah! Don't start dumping poop on Brandon or Brian. There is more there than meets the eye.

ABC
supporter
Posted by Cory Cutting (+1270) 11 years ago
Gees Jeff, I work at a radio station that covers Cheyenne.... for 5 years.... I'd think somewhere you would have heard me! If you're that close, you can come help with the contract.

Seriously, I think that only one person needs to be talked about, degraded, made fun of, and ridiculed. That would be Eric. He's the schumck that did this and deserves what he gets. And he doesn't help save face by posting the response he did. I think that his actions show how someone's real character will always come out eventually.
admin
founder
The following was edited to remove specific personal information, add formatting, and to reorder the two e-mail messages so they can be read from top to bottom in chronological order (instead of the other way around).

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Saturday, October 11, 2008 8:25 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: RE: Mr. Brandt

I am often surprised at how fragile your temper is.

The webcam was obviously more important than:
1. people dying in my family
2. taking care of my family
3. moving my belongings
4. negotiating business contracts so my contracted clients are taken care of
5. moving web and email servers
6. trying to properly complete overdue projects before I leave permanently
7. securing a revenue source to ensure I can pay my business bills

Yeah - the webcam definitely should have been item number one on that list

You have a very powerful website. It is often used as a weapon - often at your own hand.

My business is my business - and no one else's. I do not appreciate your drawing my business out into the public eye. I will share my business on my schedule and with my words.

This is at least the second time your impatient temper has flared in direct attack of me. I have never attacked you, berated you, bated you, threatened you or acted aggressively toward you. Rather, I have supported you, defended you, enjoyed your company, trusted you and admired you. Perhaps my trust and admiration was misplaced; It nevertheless remains for the moment.

Eric

P.S. I have arranged for [NAME DELETED] to take the webcam. He will be erecting it at his end of the street. I will restore the routine as soon as he has built his support structure and mounted the cam.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Saturday, October 11, 2008 1:38 PM
To: 'Eric Brandt'
Subject: RE: Mr. Brandt

> I am often surprised at how fragile your temper is.

I think you should take a look in the mirror.

> 1. people dying in my family

People is plural, and indicates multiple persons. You posted online before, and I quote:

"I am helping a friend take care of his family following the death of his father"

That seems very different than "people dying in my family".

> I do not appreciate your drawing my business out into the public eye.

I was not the one who originally drew it out "into the public eye". You were a public business. There were some public posts and I publicly asked what was going on -- due to the fact you did not respond to my e-mail asking the same. I have also received many private e-mails, in regards to the situation -- which I did not divulge the details of.

> Rather, I have supported you, defended you, enjoyed your company, trusted you and admired you.

I don't know what this means. I have never met you. Never spoken with you. And we've only exchanged perhaps a dozen e-mail messages over the years, or whatever the number was.

I added the webcam icon to the front page of MilesCity.com with a prominent link beneath clearly stating, courtesy of "The Miles City Voice", which went directly to your website -- that's called free advertising. I was the one who supported you, buddy.

I've received so many e-mail messages from so many different people, that I know exactly what has gone on, and is going on.

If you would have simply been honest, and stated your case in a plain fashion, without temper, then I think right now you would have some sympathy, however, at this point I assume if you show back up in town a mob will likely tar and feather you and put your head on a stick.
Posted by Ryan (+475) 11 years ago
Most professional businesses put in the paper or radio stating they are closing. One of the rumors that are floating around was that a Uhaul truck was parked in the alley behind your business at night while you to cleaned out which left people wondering where did he go?

If you were only visiting in Colorado why is there already Colorado plates on your truck?

So many questions so many are still unanswered. So Mr. Eric are you refunding all the businesses you had contracts with who have paid a year in advance? Most are Non-profits.

Don't get mad at people or the webmaster. There are very mad people who just want answers that you have not given.

Webmaster-Thanks for this site. Thanks for letting us voice our opinions.
Posted by TK (+1620) 11 years ago
Same here, webmaster--thanks for the site--mainly, I like the classifieds! (however, would it be worth maybe making it easy to post pictures on classifieds though? I haven't figured out how to do so (nor have many others)!)

[This message has been edited by TK (edited 10/11/2008).]
Posted by Stan Wheeler (+1182) 11 years ago
Eric,
You mobile home mover is one check shy.
Chris Hardy
supporter
Posted by Shu (+1769) 11 years ago
I kinda feel sorry for whichever Colorado town Eric has moved to...he'll just complain about every restaurant he eats in just like he did here.
Posted by Samantha (+112) 11 years ago
What is the average rent in Miles City?

How much would a two-bedroom 1904 brick home, partially remodeled go for?

Specifically, how much would you pay for the following:

Kitchen - Not remodeled, stove has 3 working burners, oven doesn't work. Fridge is single-door style, freezer melts, crisper freezes. Drawers in kitchen have no sliders and require daily wax to keep them from sticking shut. Cabinet doors no not close properly. Portable dishwasher. Cheap recent lenolium is sagging, punctured, irregular, does not line-up with walls, is patched (already) and interferes with the dishwasher.

Back Porch - sagging about 10 degrees and is literally collapsing.

Garage - Yes, but not allowed to use.

Laundry - in the collapsing basement with only access from outside.

Outside water - Only possible by running network of hoses from the basement.

Other - Some windows do not open. One window is broken. No screens on any windows. Some outlets do not work. Unfinished basement with high water table has a non-functioning bathroom.

Bedrooms - bedrooms recently remodeled, (though not yet complete).

Bathroom - Gorgeous

Livingroom - partially remodeled, (though not yet complete)

Front Porch - Slightly sagging, enclosed, not remodeled, very old paint and lenolium.

Roof - according to every single contractor that we brought to the house, the roof must be re-shingled immediately. The shingles on the south roof are over 80% destroyed.

Yard - no appreciable lawn, no work to lawn in several years. There exists a well, but no pump. The fences, where they exist, are completely destroyed.

Utilities - Paid by renter - not included in rent price.
---

We moved in at $450 / month. We agreed in the contract that as remodeling was completed, the rent would increase. Phone conversation on rent with owner informed me that rent was expected to be at $600 once the inside was complete, and $700 after the porch and outside were complete. Certain inside remodeling was supposed to be completed by July 20th - I don't think it will make it.
Could the following be A reason why this punk skipped town & ripped everybody & their dogs off?
this is a post from Mr. Brandt himself from "Rent in Miles City"

We received a certified letter this week stating that as of Aug 1, the rent will increase to $750, and to $850 on September 1.

Am I getting a good deal, or did I get screwed?

Owner states that there are prospective renters willing to pay $850. If you are one of these people, please stop by and see what you will actually be renting for that price.

Professional and qualified opinions are requested. To see this house yourself, visit 110 North Jordan - Red brick house with destroyed shingles and dead grass :-)

[This message has been edited by Eric Brandt (edited 7/16/2008).]
Posted by Bob Netherton (+1890) 11 years ago
And the point is?
Posted by jessiker (+288) 11 years ago
Not sure what Samantha was getting at... but seriously, Sally, look at the big picture:

Companies gain and lose employees all the time. People leave for any number of reasons; Brandon and Brian both left ahead of time for better opportunities, among other things, and nothing to do with them "knowing what was coming," or however you put it. It's not a conspiracy; it's people taking care of themselves.
Thank you, jessiker. However, Mrs. "Fields" if you want to judge me, then by all means, judge me...I dare ya'! Let's see how well it works out for you.

Awaiting the judgment of "Sally Fields", and the devastating consequences that are sure to follow.
Brian

[This message has been edited by Brian (edited 10/15/2008).]
I agree also what is Samantha's point?
supporter
Posted by Dan Mowry (+1435) 11 years ago
Was it Samantha's post or what the heck was the part about "edited by Eric Brandt?"
supporter
Posted by Levi Forman (+3710) 11 years ago
She cut and pasted Eric's whole post, including the "edited by" message and then added one line right in the middle of it. It is a bit hard to read.

If I'm reading it correctly, the only part of the post that was written by Samantha was this:

Could the following be A reason why this punk skipped town & ripped everybody & their dogs off?
this is a post from Mr. Brandt himself from "Rent in Miles City"
Thanks Levi for clarifying.
founder
Posted by David Schott (+15318) 11 years ago
Perhaps Samantha is suggesting that those who paid Brandt Info Tech in advance for services not yet performed should seek their refund from Eric Brandt's former landlord(s)?
supporter
Posted by Dan Mowry (+1435) 11 years ago
TY Levi and David for clarifying. It makes sense now.
Posted by jeff boggs (+114) 11 years ago
BRIAN IS A GOOD GUY I GAVE HIM A LOT GUF ABOUT HIS PONY TAIL.WHEN HE CUT IT OFF HE GAVE IT TO ME.SO IF YOU WANT HIS SCALP TO LATE I WILL PUT IN A FRAME HA GO GET BRANDTS
founder
Posted by Chad (+1761) 11 years ago
I spoke with Eric briefly while he was in the back of the store packing and carrying things to the U-haul truck. I thanked him for his services and for what he did for our business.

He was tense, chastised me for being among those that kept interrupting him packing, and didn't want to talk about anything having to do with where things have ended up thus far.

I find it unfortunate Miles City has lost yet another I.T. business and a well qualified provider (and his very helpful and qualified employees). I believe this town can support an I.T. service business that is honest, can keep to a schedule, follows through on things, and most important is reliable and consistent.

It's disturbing to me that no letter was sent to Brandt Info-tech customers, many of us that have paid for services in advance, telling us how another person or persons may be taking care of our service contracts and maintenance agreements. Eric told me that (names withheld) will be taking over and fulfilling the contracts. Nobody at our office has heard a word or seen anything in writing to that effect?

Eric, please take this into consideration if you're reading. Also, Eric, the XEROX service guy was in today- Fred with XEROX sales would like you to get in touch with him in regard to your account and the $15,000 machine you moved out of your office.

Hope all is going well for you and yours in Fort Collins, Colorado.
Posted by Cris Hrabak (+58) 11 years ago
Wow all I can say is Karma is gonna be tough on him.
supporter
sponsor
Posted by Frank Hardy (+1437) 11 years ago
http://www.youtube.com/wa...qeTpbV9nt0

It's tough on anyone!

Cheers!
FH
Posted by Samantha (+112) 11 years ago
Sorry if I was hard to understand. I found a post Eric had made about rent in Miles City & he was complaining about the cost & how his was going up. I did copy what he typed to show what he said.
What I was going for was maybe that helped make him ditch town and rip everyone off that had contracts with him
I know this goes against my "avoid conflict" principles, but part of me is disappointed that this "Sally Fields" character never graced us with her presence any further to judge me and Brandon. I always enjoy the perspective of the uninformed.

Does anybody know who this "Sally Fields" really is?

Brian

P.S. The Stratta they're selling at Discovery Pond now is like a Greek Quiche. GOOD STUFF!
Posted by J Scheuering (+6) 11 years ago
Brian,
Sally Fields was the "Flying Nun" on TV....maybe she flew south for the winter???
PS.... she was also "Sybil," so maybe she just changed personalities!

[This message has been edited by J Scheuering (edited 10/19/2008).]
....you're messing with me, right J Scheuering? If you're saying what I think you're saying, then that makes things rather interesting.

Anybody else got an idea as to who this "Sally Fields" character is...not the actress, the person posing on Miles City.com.

I hope you're wrong, Mr. Scheuring
Brian
Posted by TALBOT (+248) 11 years ago
As of tonight.....Brandt still had an ad rolling on the movie screen before "Eagle Eye." Just thought that was kinda weird.
Posted by J Scheuering (+6) 11 years ago
Brian,
Sally Fields was quoted to have said at the Academy Awards, "You like me, you really like me!"
I guess we'd have to say...."mmmm, maybe not so much really."
Posted by Doug and Sami (+198) 11 years ago
Brian,
Good luck w/ whatever you're doing!
Sally Fields will never identify themselves, they like to bad mouth people from behind a curtain! I hope somebody, sometime will identify them, so they can be tarred and feathered with the others!
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+14865) 11 years ago
I was in Miles City this past weekend antelope hunting, and spoke to Mr. Bert Elwood, proprieter of Miles City Personal Computing. He told me he is open for business, and is accepting new customers on a limited basis. He fears with his heavy workload, he may not be able to accomodate all of Brandt Information Technologies former customers. So I would recommend calling him right away, preferably early in the morning, as he is an early riser and a hard charger.
Good to see the people of Miles City still have options for their IT service. There will always be a need.

Brian