Sarah Palin Revealed
Posted by GVC (+510) 13 years ago
In the Sept. 15 issue of the New Yorker Lyda Green, the president of the Alaska state senate, Republican, and former ally of Palin reported that after she refused to endorse Palin for governor, Palin went on an Anchorage shock-jock radio program where the host said the he "knew Palin believed Green was 'a bitch' and ' a cancer.' Palin laughed at the comments." Green said that you could hear her tittering in the background. Palin never tried to refute the charge or deflect the conversation to something more appropriate for a gubernatorial candidate. Palin was well aware that Green had had breast cancer.

GVC's wife
supporter
Posted by Levi Forman (+3707) 13 years ago
Boy, these are really getting weak now. Next we'll hear that Sarah Palin once turned right on red WITHOUT coming to a complete stop.
Posted by Bob Netherton (+1887) 13 years ago
Or next we'll see Palin's Alaskan GOP allies suing to stop the "Troopergate" investigation. Just yesterday a Palin spokesperson referred to her as an "open book". She's learned well from the current VP. And, of course, it all works. She's probably already redecorating the Cheneyhole.
supporter
Posted by Stone (+1591) 13 years ago
Here is somthing I got from someone via email. I am just passing it on, so do not kill the me.

Hmmmm....

I'm a little confused. Let me see if I have this straight..........

* If you grow up in Hawaii, raised by your grandparents, you're

"exotic, different."

* Grow up in Alaska eating moose burgers, a quintessential American

story.

* If your name is Barack you're a radical, unpatriotic Muslim.

* Name your kids Willow, Trig and Track, and you're a maverick.

* Graduate from Harvard law School and be President of the Law

Review, and you are unstable.

* Attend 5 different small colleges before graduating from one,

you're well grounded.

* If you spend 3 years as a community organizer, create a voter

registration drive that registers 150,000 new voters, spend 12 years

as a Constitutional Law professor, spend 8 years as a State Senator

representing a district with over 750,000 people, become chairman of

the state Senate's Health and Human Services committee, spend 4 years

in the United States Senate representing a state of 13 million people

while sponsoring 131 bills and serving on the Foreign Affairs,

Environment and Public Works and Veteran's Affairs committees, you

don't have any real leadership experience.

* If your total resume is: local weather girl, 4 years on the city

council and 6 years as the mayor of a town with less than 7,000

people, 20 months as the governor of a state with only 650,000 people,

then you're qualified to become the country's second highest ranking

executive.

* If you have been married to the same woman for 19 years while

raising 2 beautiful daughters, all within Protestant churches, you're

not a real Christian.

* If you cheated on your first wife with a rich heiress, and left

your disfigured wife and married the heiress the next month, you're a

Christian.

* If you teach responsible, age appropriate sex education, including

the proper use of birth control, you are eroding the fiber of society.

* If , while governor, you staunchly advocate abstinence only, with

no other option in sex education in your state's school system while

your unwed teen daughter ends up pregnant , you're very responsible.

* If your wife is a Harvard graduate lawyer who gave up a position in

a prestigious law firm to work for the betterment of her inner city

community, then gave that up to raise a family, your family's values

don't represent America's.

* If your husband is nicknamed "First Dude", with at least one DUI

conviction and no college education, who didn't register to vote until

age 25 and once was a member of a group that advocated the secession

of Alaska from the USA, your family is extremely admirable.

OK, much clearer now.
supporter
Posted by ike eichler (+1233) 13 years ago
This has not as yet been picked up by the national news media, but I have it from a reliable scource in Alaska.

Gov. Palin once ran over a rabbit with her snow machine and was overheard to say,"Sure hope that rabbit was not hurt". Some folks on the other side of the road insist it was a deliberate act and she mistook the rabbit for another critter with big ears and was heard to say,"Take that you damn Jackass".
Posted by mule train (+1050) 13 years ago
Beautiful story Ike, makes me want to kill a liberal. In fact, why stop at one? Let's kill the whole damn lot. Then we'll dress in women's clothing and re-enact the Nuremberg Trials!

Here a good joke..."What's the difference between a pig in lipstick and a republican?"

NOTHING!!!!!
supporter
Posted by Bridgier (+9307) 13 years ago
That's not true - I may want to have sex with the pig.
supporter
Posted by Steve Craddock (+2738) 13 years ago
Now c'mon guys, where are your manners? Stop insulting those poor pigs.
Posted by Bob Netherton (+1887) 13 years ago
Stone. Palin is ready to be VP. Didn't Cheney go to 1/2 dozen schools while ditching the draft?
Posted by Donna Kingsley Coffeen (+405) 13 years ago
The original post is 100% true and sickening if you listen to the YouTube where it happened. She repeatedly laughs at comments about the woman including the woman being called a bitch, a cancer, and overweight. Google Sarah Palin and Lyda Greene and it is there for your first hand witness. It shows just what a horribly mean person she is. No decent person would have sat there and laughed. They would have vehemently objected.
supporter
sponsor
Posted by souix (+308) 13 years ago
Hi Donna,

I has disappeared off of you tube...citing third party copyright infringement. I agree that she is a piece of work! Why she keeps telling the same lie, regarding the bridge to nowhere, when it has been proven to be false. Perhaps she is appealing to those who do not read /watch the news.
supporter
Posted by Big Dave (+441) 13 years ago
As long as we are dishing political gossip, Montana had a governor once who was widely touted as an up and comer in the Democratic Party who joked about rigging an election before a bunch of trial lawyers in Philadelphia. The governor said that he was joking of course because a man of his strong moral character and impeccable integrity would never do such a thing, and the Montana press, being the sheep they are, said, "Okie dokie." and then asked, "How may we glorify you next Mr. Governor?"

"Tittering in the background" Please.
supporter
sponsor
Hi Big Dave,
Guess it is better to joke about it than to be serious concerning disenfranchising a voting block of citizens.those whose homes are in foreclosure. How is that for sympathy for the state of our economy?
http://www.alternet.org/d...hallenges/
Posted by Kacey (+3154) 13 years ago
Sarah Palin has made a point of talking about being the mother of a special needs child repeatedly. So why is it she cut the amount for special needs in the Alaska budget in half? That is really low!!!

For those of you who are staunch Republicans, please tell me how you can have blatant facts like this and still think she's going to be our country's savior as VP?
Anyone who uses a child in any way is low. I don't care what your political beliefs.

[This message has been edited by Kacey (edited 9/16/2008).]
supporter
Posted by Rick Kuchynka (+4458) 13 years ago
Guess it is better to joke about it than to be serious concerning disenfranchising a voting block of citizens.those whose homes are in foreclosure.

So sayeth the party that just disenfranchised two of the largest states in the country, just because they didn't like who they voted for.

So why is it she cut the amount for special needs in the Alaska budget in half? That is really low!!!

For those of you who are staunch Republicans, please tell me how you can have blatant facts like this and still think she's going to be our country's savior as VP?

I'll tell you. Some of us don't parrot whatever we read in a chain email or on the Huffington Post as "blatant facts"

http://www.factcheck.org/...palin.html

Palin did not cut funding for special needs education in Alaska by 62 percent. She didn't cut it at all. In fact, she increased funding and signed a bill that will triple per-pupil funding over three years for special needs students with high-cost requirements.

Lots of other reading there too regarding the many finer Democrat sliming, er uh "talking" points since Palin was nominated.
supporter
Posted by Rick Kuchynka (+4458) 13 years ago
Here's what Obama's airborne batallion of muckrakers is probably working overtime to uncover next.

http://www.youtube.com/wa...RIypadX3n0
supporter
Posted by Stone (+1591) 13 years ago
Rick-

"McCain Blasts Wall Street Failure, Neglects To Mention His Adviser Helped Cause It

As the news broke of the Lehman Brothers meltdown and the rest of the latest financial crisis, John McCain, speaking at a campaign rally in Florida on Monday, angrily declared,
We will never put America in this position again. We will clean up Wall Street. This is a failure.

And in a statement released by his campaign, McCain called for greater "transparency and accountability" on Wall Street.
If McCain wants to hold someone accountable for the failure in transparency and accountability that led to the current calamity, he should turn to his good friend and adviser, Phil Gramm.
As Mother Jones reported in June, eight years ago, Gramm, then a Republican senator chairing the Senate banking committee, slipped a 262-page bill into a gargantuan, must-pass spending measure. Gramm's legislation, written with the help of financial industry lobbyists, essentially removed newfangled financial products called swaps from any regulation. Credit default swaps are basically insurance policies that cover the losses on investments, and they have been at the heart of the subprime meltdown because they have enabled large financial institutions to turn risky loans into risky securities that could be packaged and sold to other institutions.
Lehman's collapse threatens the financial markets because of swaps. From Bloomberg:

Bond-default risk soared worldwide as the collapse of Lehman Brothers Holdings Inc. sparked concern than the $62 trillion credit-derivatives market will unravel....

Lehman, the fourth-largest securities firm until last week, has been one of the 10 largest counterparties in the market for credit-default swaps, according to a 2007 report by Fitch Ratings. The market, which is unregulated and has no central exchange where prices are disclosed, has been the fastest-growing type of so-called over-the-counter derivative, according to the Bank for International Settlements.

"The immediate problem is the derivative default swaps market, in which a plethora of institutional accounts and dealer accounts are at risk,'' Bill Gross, manager of the world's largest bond fund at Pacific Investment Management Co. in Newport Beach, California, said in an interview with Bloomberg Radio yesterday. "It induces a tremendous amount of volatility and uncertainty.''

Barclays Capital analysts have estimated that if a financial institution with $2 trillion in credit-default swap trades were to fail, it might trigger between $36 billion and $47 billion in losses for institutions that traded with the firm. So the Lehman fiasco--caused in part by the use of unregulated swaps--could lead to ruin elsewhere in the economy.

Gramm is responsible for the rise of the wild and woolly $62 trillion swaps market. And he was chairman of the McCain campaign and a top economic adviser for McCain--until he dismissed Americans worried about the economy as "whiners." After that comment, McCain dumped Gramm. But was Gramm truly excommunicated from McCain land? Last month, he attended a meeting of McCain's top supporters in Aspen, Colorado. And at a dinner that day, McCain singled out Gramm for praise. Last week, failed Republican presidential candidate Ron Paul revealed that Gramm, now an exec for Swiss banking giant UBS (which also lost billions of dollars due to subprime loans and swaps), had recently called him as part of a McCain effort to win Paul's endorsement. Paul turned Gramm down. (Both Gramm and Paul are Texas Republicans.) Gramm's Paul-courting effort seems to indicate that the fellow who has done much to cause the current financial troubles (and who was once considered a possible Treasury secretary should McCain win the White House) is back in the good graces of the McCain campaign.

Shortly after McCain promised he would "clean up" Wall Street, Alaska Governor Sarah Palin, his running mate, appeared at a Colorado rally on Monday morning and proclaimed that "John McCain and I will put an end to the abuses in Washington and Wall Street that have resulted in this financial crisis." She promised a McCain administration would "reform the way Wall Street does business." (She was short on details and spent more time discussing Colorado sports stars from Alaska.) What neither she nor McCain has explained is how they plan to be able to reform Wall Street when they are being assisted by 177 lobbyists and the guy who greased the way to the current crisis with a backroom legislative maneuver. If McCain and Palin are serious about never putting America "in this position again," they ought to consider seriously writing down any economic advice they get from Phil Gramm.

By the way, both McCain and Palin decried golden parachutes for CEOs. What might Carly Fiorina, a top McCain adviser and surrogate, think of that? She received a $21 million severance package when she was forced out as CEO of Hewlett-Packard, after her not-so-successful stint there--and the value of her golden parachute eventually reached $42 million." All day long-baby.
Posted by Bruce Helland (+593) 13 years ago
Does anyone else think Sarah Palin sounds like Judy Martz? I just shudder when I hear her voice... Both!
supporter
AND - has anyone noticed that Palin is "pain" with no "l" --- I was just writing her name when that suddenly occured to me.
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr (+15082) 13 years ago
"AND - has anyone noticed that Palin is "pain" with no "l" --- I was just writing her name when that suddenly occured to me."

Yes, and it occurred to Mr. Shipley that if you change one of the "d's" in your name to"p's" and the "o" to a "u" you get "crapduck". If you change one of the "n's" in my name to a "v" you get "bovine".

And none of that makes any of more or less electable.
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr (+15082) 13 years ago
Stone:

Do some research and see who tried to reform Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae back in 2005 to avoid the very situation we are in now. One co-sponsor was John McCain. THe democrats killed this bill.

Here is what he said at the time"
"Mr. President, this week Fannie Mae's regulator reported that the company's quarterly reports of profit growth over the past few years were "illusions deliberately and systematically created" by the company's senior management, which resulted in a $10.6 billion accounting scandal.The Office of Federal Housing Enterprise Oversight's report goes on to say that Fannie Mae employees deliberately and intentionally manipulated financial reports to hit earnings targets in order to trigger bonuses for senior executives. In the case of Franklin Raines, Fannie Mae's former chief executive officer, OFHEO's report shows that over half of Mr. Raines' compensation for the 6 years through 2003 was directly tied to meeting earnings targets. The report of financial misconduct at Fannie Mae echoes the deeply troubling $5 billion profit restatement at Freddie Mac.

The OFHEO report also states that Fannie Mae used its political power to lobby Congress in an effort to interfere with the regulator's examination of the company's accounting problems. This report comes some weeks after Freddie Mac paid a record $3.8 million fine in a settlement with the Federal Election Commission and restated lobbying disclosure reports from 2004 to 2005. These are entities that have demonstrated over and over again that they are deeply in need of reform.
For years I have been concerned about the regulatory structure that governs Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac--known as Government-sponsored entities or GSEs--and the sheer magnitude of these companies and the role they play in the housing market. OFHEO's report this week does nothing to ease these concerns. In fact, the report does quite the contrary. OFHEO's report solidifies my view that the GSEs need to be reformed without delay.

I join as a cosponsor of the Federal Housing Enterprise Regulatory Reform Act of 2005, S. 190, to underscore my support for quick passage of GSE regulatory reform legislation. If Congress does not act, American taxpayers will continue to be exposed to the enormous risk that Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac pose to the housing market, the overall financial system, and the economy as a whole.
I urge my colleagues to support swift action on this GSE reform legislation."

http://www.govtrack.us/co...l=s109-190
Posted by J. Dyba (+1344) 13 years ago
I'd vote for the 2005 version of McCain, maybe. I wanted McCain to beat Bush in the Repub primary in 2000 and would have voted for him over Gore.

That's his problem. He has sacrificed his ordeals and integrity to gain the support of the Republican party for advancing his bid for the Whitehouse.

In that quote he is talking about fixing problems created by his party. Now, three years later, he is lockstep with that very same party. So you have really just made an argument against yourself.

[This message has been edited by J. Dyba (edited 9/17/2008).]
supporter
Mr. Bovine: I was just having a little fun. Not everything has to be serious, y'know? It really doesn't hurt to Lighten Up sometimes. Sincerely, Crapduck
supporter
sponsor
Hi Rick,

Regarding Palin and Special needs children...semms she became an advocate after she had a special needs child.

http://thinkprogress.org/...-olympics/

Souix "Guess it is better to joke about it than to be serious concerning disenfranchising a voting block of citizens.those whose homes are in foreclosure.

Rick "So sayeth the party that just disenfranchised two of the largest states in the country, just because they didn't like who they voted for."

Cannot find anything regarding what you are speaking about. Please enlighten me with a link.
supporter
sponsor
Richard,

"that Fannie Mae used its political power to lobby Congress in an effort to interfere with the regulator's examination of the company's accounting problems"

Other than being the Savings and Loan industry, this sounds like what McCain did when he was part of the Keating Five!
supporter
Posted by Bridgier (+9307) 13 years ago
"So sayeth the party that just disenfranchised two of the largest states in the country, just because they didn't like who they voted for."

He's refering to Michigan and Florida.
supporter
sponsor
Hi Bridger,

How did they do this? Can't seem to find anything on the internet.
How many people know about the Savings and Loans debactle and McCain's contribution to it?
founder
Posted by David Schott (+17514) 13 years ago
What is a debactle?
Posted by Kyle L. Varnell (+3752) 13 years ago
Souix,

Here you go:

Florida and Michigan
http://en.wikipedia.org/w...d_Michigan
supporter
sponsor
David,

Debactle-to moderate a debate poorly by asking only insubstantial tabloid-style *gotcha* questions.

Were you attempting a debactle?
supporter
sponsor
I am wonder how this compares to what the Republicans are doing in Michigan, as the two are *totally* dissimilar scenarios?
During the primary the states of Michigan and Florida we warned that their votes would not count if they held early primaries, "Florida and Michigan have been penalized by the Democratic party, and under the rules as they existed at the time of the elections, the delegates were not to be seated at the Democratic Convention." These were rules set out by the party, before the conventions.
This would be akin to saying that you would be disenfranchised for filling in a ballot and leaving it at the door of the clerk and recorder's office on August 15th and expecting it to count.
my bad...debacle would be the word I was looking for...

McCain became enmeshed in a scandal during the 1980s as one of five United States Senators comprising the so-called "Keating Five". Between 1982 and 1987, McCain had received $112,000 in lawful political contributions from Charles Keating Jr. and his associates at Lincoln Savings and Loan Association, along with trips on Keating's jets that McCain belatedly repaid two years later. In 1987, McCain was one of the five senators whom Keating contacted in order to prevent the government's seizure of Lincoln, and McCain met twice with federal regulators to discuss the government's investigation of Lincoln. On his Keating Five experience, McCain has said: "The appearance of it was wrong. It's a wrong appearance when a group of senators appear in a meeting with a group of regulators, because it conveys the impression of undue and improper influence. And it was the wrong thing to do."

YA THINK???? No wonder he wants to clean up Washington.
I posted a forum called The Keating Five. It's amazing to me how anyone can have any faith in McCain's ability to deal with the financial economy of our country. That's what people need to remember. It's OUR country. Every single one of us has a stake in this.
Posted by GVC (+510) 13 years ago
Wow. 34 posts in less than 24 hours. Is that a record?

GVC's wife
supporter
sponsor
Posted by Frank Hardy (+1659) 13 years ago
I just noticed if you take the KR out of me I become:

Fran Hady

Wild!

Cheers!
FH (still-whew)
supporter
Posted by Levi Forman (+3707) 13 years ago
You can make several words out of L E V I...

LIVE
VEIL
VILE
EVIL

You can rearrange L E V I F O R M A N to spell

LIVE ON FARM

Among other things.

[This message has been edited by Levi Forman (edited 9/17/2008).]