supporter
Posted by ike eichler (+1226) 13 years ago
Just received word of the death of Pete tonite. Join me in wishing him a safe journey where there are no wheel chairs and a prayer for the family.
admin
founder
Posted by MilesCity.com Webmaster (+10001) 13 years ago
Well, that's very sad. Pete posted a few hundred messages here. I assume he's in a better place. Take care Pete. Condolences to his family.
supporter
sponsor
Posted by Frank Hardy (+1606) 13 years ago
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+17321) 13 years ago
Dang......that is sad news. I did love doing battle on the political stuff with Pete back in the day, but I always respected his posts and his opinions. You always knew where Pete was coming from.

Godspeed to Pete, and the Petro family.
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr (+14950) 13 years ago
This is very sad news indeed. To Mary and Beth and the rest of the family, I am very sorry to hear about your loss. Pete was a great man who didn't let the circumstances of life get in his way. He was an inspiration to me even when I was the "neighborhood brat".
founder
supporter
Posted by Amorette Allison (+11757) 13 years ago
I am so sad to hear this! It was Pete who gave me the basis for what became the Great Grocery Store List. A delightful man and a source of knowledge. He will be missed.
founder
supporter
sponsor
Posted by Hal Neumann (+9919) 13 years ago
I'm very sorry to hear this. I knew Pete a bit before I left and he was surely a good man. My condolences to his family and friends.

Ike, thanks for passing along the word.
supporter
Posted by howdy (+4943) 13 years ago
Deepest condolences to the Petro family.
founder
Posted by Pete Petro (+281) 13 years ago
This is from the entire Petro family; Leona, Mary, Jill, Bill and Beth. He loved his life and lived it to the fullest. He was never one to let challenges get the best of him. He remained in good spirits and humor until the very last part of his life. Thank you all so much for your kind words. He did enjoy this website and the people that he met on here and that he already knew. Even though his family had to censor him at times He was a great man and will be missed.

Funeral services at the Episcopal Church in Miles City or at Bullis/Graves are pending for Saturday.
founder
Posted by Bart Freese (+926) 13 years ago
I never knew Pete personally, but certainly got to know and appreciate him through this site. We will miss him.
Posted by Beth Oswald (+283) 13 years ago
The service is scheduled for Saturday at 11:00 a.m. at Bullis/Graves Funeral Home in Miles City. There will be a reception to follow the service, tentatively scheduled at Park Place.
supporter
Posted by Bob L. (+5094) 13 years ago
My condolences to the Petro family.
Posted by snickers (+819) 13 years ago
My deepest condolences to the Petro family

Allison Campbell
supporter
Posted by jeanne m bole (+179) 13 years ago
I never met Pete Petro but he was so helpful on this site.
I am so sorry for your loss.
founder
Posted by David Schott (+17052) 13 years ago
Pete's obituary from the Billings Gazette (http://billingsgazette.ne...epetro.txt):

Frank Holland 'Pete' Petro

FORSYTH - Pete Petro passed away on Tuesday, Sept. 9, 2008, in Forsyth. Born at high noon on June 9, 1934, in Miles City, he was the only child of Genevieve and Frank Holland Petro. A lifelong resident of Montana, Pete was a very proud Montanan. After graduating from Cal Poly Pomona in California, he was associated with his father as a livestock buyer. He later became the sole owner of Petro Livestock. On Aug. 12, 1960, he married Leona Chapman.

Pete was an avid historian of Montana, Miles City in particular. He enjoyed telling stories of his past and making people laugh. When he was young, he forged a note from his father to school, stating he had "bronc-itis," so that he could ride in the first Miles City Bucking Horse Sale. Pete would have been proud to know that his corneas were donated to someone who needed them or for research.

He is survived by his wife, Leona; his children, Mary (Gary) McClarty of Kalispell, Jill (Ray) Stenberg of Big Timber, Bill Petro of Forsyth and Beth (Jack) Oswald of Miles City. He was also a very proud grandfather of Zachary and Alisha Lingle, Steven and Mollee Stenberg, and Ciara Fandek and Amberli and Gus Oswald. He is also survived by many cousins and lifelong friends.

He is preceded in death by his parents and grandson Sam Stenberg.

Cremation has taken place. Memorial funeral services will be held 11 a.m. Saturday, Sept. 13, at Bullis-Graves Memorial Chapel of Miles City. Private family inurnment will take place at a later date.

Memorials may be sent to Home on the Range Residential Child Facility, Jolene Obregewitch, 16351 I-94, Sentinel Butte, ND 58654, 701-872-3745.

Bullis-Graves Memorial Chapel has been entrusted with the arrangements.