Hey, Larry how about adding this...
founder
Posted by Chad (+1769) 13 years ago
http://whos.amung.us/

It shows where people are, roughly of course, while they're on line.
admin
founder
Posted by MilesCity.com Webmaster (+10013) 13 years ago
Seems kind of interesting, I'll take a look at it.
admin
founder
Okay, we'll try it out for a little bit. It's the icon at the bottom right of every page. The number is what it thinks is the number of people looking at the site at any given moment, and if you click it, it goes somewhere that provides more detail. After 24 hours perhaps we'll get a fancy graph too.
supporter
Posted by Steve Craddock (+2737) 13 years ago
Hard to believe that nobody in Europe, Africa, Asia, South America or Australia is interested in what's happening here in Miles City. Antarctica - well, I'm sure their minds are dealing with surviving the late winter months, so it's understandable why they're not checking in on us Northern folk.
admin
founder
Apparently you weren't around when those Polish chicks were posting.
admin
founder
supporter
Holy Moly - I just checked the map and I think I'm the only one who's actually in Miles City at the moment. This truly is a virtual community. The funny thing is, I've only lived here 8 months, while all of you who have lived here for years are now out there in Alaska and Colorado and Oregon and Florida and Texas. This is a neat feature - I'm glad it was added and I hope it stays.

Still no international relations that I can detect --- but I'm about to go check out what those ladies from Poland (or whatever it's called these days) said. I guess I just proved why it would be nice to get some foreign exchange going here, eh?
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+17660) 13 years ago
What is really cool, is if you type in a cell phone number at this site, if they are talking at the time, it uses GPS technology to identify the location of the caller, via Google Earth!

http://www.phonetrace.org/

Pretty cool, huh?
founder
supporter
sponsor
Posted by Hal Neumann (+10030) 13 years ago
>> I've only lived here 8 months, while all of you who have lived here for years are now out there in Alaska and Colorado and Oregon and Florida and Texas.

It's all part of a secret plan we hatched years ago to dominate the world. When it all falls into place the One-World Order will be ran from Miles. But don't tell anyone, it is a secret after all.
supporter
Your secret is safer with me that you could ever know -- who listens? (said in my best impersonation of a mother of [pick one: Jewish/German/Irish/Italian] descent).
Posted by jessiker (+284) 13 years ago
Well, we've officially broke into Europe!

Was just looking, and we had a hit from Switzerland...

Thanks for posting (and using) this awesome tool. I'm putting it on everything I touch now.
supporter
Posted by julieinmc (+511) 13 years ago
Today, Nigeria!
supporter
Posted by Stone (+1590) 13 years ago
What is the little star in the middle of the US that simply says United States and does not give a city? It is around Kansas City.
supporter
Posted by Levi Forman (+3718) 13 years ago
It must just go by IPs? It says 12 visitors from Livermore, CA today but I have a feeling that they are all me.
founder
supporter
sponsor
Posted by Hal Neumann (+10030) 13 years ago
>> It must just go by IPs?

Yeah, it sometimes appears that there's more than person from here on the map, but I suspect that's not the case.
supporter
Posted by Bob L. (+5100) 13 years ago
What is the little star in the middle of the US that simply says United States and does not give a city? It is around Kansas City.

-----

It's me! MWAH HA HA HA HA
founder
Posted by Chad (+1769) 13 years ago
FYI-

If you right click you can zoom in and out AND you can pan around.
supporter
Posted by Stone (+1590) 13 years ago
Bob L., now we now where to launch the nukes.