Posted by Kyle L. Varnell (+3752) 13 years ago
Has the 94th individual been gagged here? I noticed a thread started by Todd Larson called, I think, "Just For Fun" has been removed. Webmaster?
admin
founder
Posted by MilesCity.com Webmaster (+10014) 13 years ago
Yes, someone just took the #94 slot.
supporter
Posted by Steve Craddock (+2738) 13 years ago
Actually Kyle, there was another thread that appeared for a nanosecond right after "just for fun" was removed - and it was pretty clear that it was started with the sole intent of backing the webmaster into a corner. In other words, Larry was left with little choice but to pull the plug. 'Tis a shame.

Lift yer glasses high, fellow mc.commies, in memory of our fallen comrade.

And Todd, if we ever happen to be in one of Miles City's spiritous establishments at the same time, please introduce yourself and I'll buy you a beer. Happy trails, mi amigo.

[This message has been edited by Steve Craddock (edited 9/9/2008).]
founder
supporter
Posted by Amorette Allison (+11978) 13 years ago
Considering that Larry took David to task for David's behavior, I don't know what Mr. Larson was upset about. Larry certainly didn't let David get away with it, even though they are friends.

I think we should keep careful track of the cut-off count and have a big celebration at 100!
founder
Posted by David Schott (+17514) 13 years ago
I must have missed the part where Larry took me to task. Todd didn't need any help from me earning a spot on the list, though. It was all his own work. I felt like I had a mosquito buzzing around my ear all day yesterday and, unfortunately for Todd, I wasn't the only one who felt that way.

- Dave
admin
founder
Huh??? The issue wasn't about Dave -- so I'm not sure what you are talking about.
Posted by mule train (+1050) 13 years ago
how do you know it was #94? Is there a list?
admin
founder
I wish there was, but there isn't. I did a simple database query in regards to Kyle's question (posed to me in a past thread) -- and the number of gagged accounts was 93 -- the latest becoming #94.

Most of the accounts that have been gagged have nothing to do with Miles City itself -- typically, they are spammers, who actually bother to sign up and post some type of spam (why they go through the effort, I don't know) -- and they end up being silently gagged.

Realistically, there are probably no more than a dozen or two people related to Miles City that have been gagged, and in some cases, especially from the earlier days, a person would use multiple accounts -- thus adding to the number which became 93, and is now standing at 94.
supporter
Posted by Bridgier (+9307) 13 years ago
Something like:

select count(*) from users where status = "douchebag"

I would assume...
admin
founder
Yeah, that's about right.
Posted by J. Dyba (+1344) 13 years ago
Well then it's actually only 93 as I still have my posting privileges...