Coach Patch (no Palin, I promise)
Posted by Slosh (+696) 13 years ago
As most Cowboy football fans know, Coach Mike Patch has retired. Coach Patch was an assistant for the Cowboys for 30 years coaching with Ed Rohloff and Dan Stanton. He also played for the Cowboys a long, long time ago.

CCDHS is going to honor Coach Patch at the first home football game, next Friday night against Belgrade, with a plaque at halftime. Friends and family are going to host a retirement party after the game at the Town & Country Club.

For this party, we are looking for pictures of Coach Patch with players. If there are players out there that have pictures of them with Coach Patch, we would love to use them at the party.

If you have pictures, please e-mail them to me and I'll get them into the right hands.

And please come down and say hello to Coach next week.

He doesn't know any of this is going to happen (at least we think he doesn't know.) I had it on good authority that he doesn't check milescity.com, so that's why I started this thread. So please don't say anything to him before the Belgrade game.

Thanks

Josh Samuelson
Posted by Todd Larson (+143) 13 years ago
Josh,
Coach Patch will be thrilled to hear that "long, long, long time ago" line.

I will look through our photo albums and see if we have some. We had two sons that played football, so I am sure we have some. how do I get in tough with you if I do find some? My Cell# is 853-9991.
Todd
Todd-

You're right, he is going to love that line.

Best way is to e-mail me at this address or you can call the Star.

Don't forget, there will be a retirement party on Friday night at the Town & Country Club after the Cowboys game against Belgrade. Coaches Ed Rohloff and Dan Stanton are going to talk, other people are going to share stories and basically just celebrate Patch's 30 years. The public is more than welcome to come and hang out.
Posted by hilinetransplant (+124) 13 years ago
I remember when mike first started coaching the freshman back when ed first arrived in 78. Great guy.
Posted by Todd Larson (+143) 13 years ago
Hey, I searched the all pictures and for some reason I don't have any of Mike. I think I have one of his arm but can't be sure of it. At any rate it would not be a good picture anyway.

I have told my stepsons about, Ryan Smith lives here in here in Miles City and Tim is a doctor in Florida and will not be able to come, but he will send Mike a card.

See you at the game, GO COWBOYS!
Just wanted to remind everyone to come down to the Town & Country Club tonight after the Cowboys game against Belgrade to celebrate Coach Patch's 30 years of coaching the Cowboys. Should be a good time.
Posted by Scott P (+114) 13 years ago
How was the ceremony for Coach Patch????