MILES CITY
founder
Posted by JEANNE M BOLE (+32) 19 years ago
I AM BEGINNING TO WONDER IF MILES CITY IS A MYTH.
I HAVE SENT MORE EMAILS AND NEVER RECEIVED A REPLY.
I WAS BORN IN MILES SOME 65 YEARS AGO. I LOVED IT THERE.
I WANT TO COME TO MILES CITY IN MAY. I AM HOPING THERE
ARE USED BOOK STORES. IF ANYONE SEES THIS PLEASE ANSWER
AND LET ME KNOW THAT I AM NOT ALONE AND THEN I WILL GET
DOWN TO BUSINESS.
JEANNE BOLE
[email protected]
founder
supporter
Posted by Amorette Allison (+11757) 19 years ago
We're here. Really. Used book stores. . .um, Blue Door Books may or may not still be in business, I'm not sure.
How's that for an answer! Any other questions?

--Amorette
founder
Posted by Bart Freese (+926) 19 years ago
Yes indeed, Jean is still running Blue Door. It's easy to find if you know Miles City, but a bit out of the way. Just call for directions -- it's worth it.
founder
THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR REPLY. I MUST HAVE BEEN
SENDING MY MESSAGES WRONG. THANK YOU FOR THE INFO ON
THE BOOK STORE.
founder
Posted by Joe Whalen (+174) 19 years ago
Ms. Bole:

You're in luck. Miles City Books & News will be open for business on Main St. in Miles City on May 1st. The store will carry both new and used titles, as well as the largest selection of magazines in eastern Montana. New titles will include the BookSense 76 Bestsellers in both hardcover and trade paperpack, titles published by regional authors, the Oprah Book Club winners, and National Book Award winners. Used titles will include quality trade fiction and non-fiction with a special emphasis on titles set in Montana or written by contemporary Western writers.

Please stop by Miles City Books & News at 907a Main St. when you visit. We'd love to visit with you.
founder
supporter
Posted by Amorette Allison (+11757) 19 years ago
I guess this makes it official! Congratulations! As your new neighbor, welcome to the building.

--Amorette
founder
Posted by David Schott (+17052) 19 years ago
Yes, Joe, that's great news! I'm very glad to hear that Main St. is getting a new store and I really like the idea of a book store. Next time I'm in Miles City I look forward to stopping by your store.

- Dave
founder
THANK YOU FOR YOUR REPLY I CAN HARDLY WAIT TO VISIT YOUR
SHOP. I AM VERY INTERESTED IN ANY THING TO DO WITH MC HISTORY. ALSO ANYTHING SCOTTISH. MY GRANDPARENTS CAME TO
MCIN 1920. MY GRANDMOTHER HAD A ROOMING HOUSE WHERE SCOTS
MEN CAME TO THIS COUNTRY AND STAYED WITH MY GRANDPARENTS.
THEY PLAYED THEIR BAGPIPES AND REALLY ENJOYED LIFE.
I WILL BE THRILLED TO SEE YOUR SHOP.
founder
Posted by Robin Gerber (+34) 19 years ago
I'm very excited that we have a new business opening--especially a book store, on Main! It sounds great, and I will be the first in the door!