Hey Hal it is your gov!!!
supporter
Posted by howdy (+4949) 13 years ago
Sarah Palin is the VP choice for McCain...What an interesting choice...
Posted by Mark (+28) 13 years ago
Talk about farming for the disinfranchised Clinton vote! Pretty smart move for McSame, I was wondering what female candidate he'd find.
supporter
Posted by Bridgier (+9297) 13 years ago
yes, he found the one that's currently mired in a corruption scandal.

HopeSame, as Kyle would say....
My point, smart to pick a woman. One mired in corruption, well, truly to be exptected also.
supporter
Posted by Bob L. (+5100) 13 years ago
I wouldn't say she's "mired in corruption."

I think she's easy on the eyes...is that misogynist enough for you?

Not enough to make me vote for McMansions, but she's still cute...
supporter
the corruption is she tried apparently to fire her former brother in law (who was a state trooper) after her sis's divorce......and there are some that say it was a pay back from Big Oil after she nailed some of them for their corruption i.e. Ted Stevens....She ran for office on the anti-corruption idea I think but Hal would know better...I hear she is quite popular up there...
supporter
She's alleged to have the head of the state police after he wouldn't terminate the employment of a state trooper who happened to be her sister's ex-husband.

It certainly may be nothing - but it's a bad time to have it hanging around.

Anyways, she's not bad looking - but if McCain wants to talk about lack of experience, he's just shot himself in the foot.

Sarah Palin's CV:

Gov. of Alaska (2006 - Present)
Mayor, Wasilla AK (1992-1996)
Miss Alaska First Runner Up, 1984

And that's about it.

Oh, and she's a Vandal, just like Larry Craig.

Now, all that said - she appears to be that rarest of creatures: a sane Republican.

[This message has been edited by Bridgier (edited 8/29/2008).]
supporter
I was going to make a crude Larry Craig joke, but I'll abstain.

I think the "corruption" issue is much ado about nothing.

Ted Stevens, on the other hand, is a crook...
founder
supporter
sponsor
Posted by Hal Neumann (+10031) 13 years ago
Wow!

Sarah for Veep!

Great choice . . . McCain might not be as dumb as he looks - he surely made a wise call with Palin.

I would really hate to lose her as governor. She has been doing a great job for Alaska. She has done so much to clean up corruption, straighten out the budget, and send a message that good government is what the state deserves and must have. I had hoped she would serve a second term as governor and then perhaps move into the US Senate.

Anyone who thinks a woman cannot govern, has yet to meet Sarah.
supporter
I agree Bob L., and thanks for the restraint on the joke.
supporter
Sorry, I take back the sane thing - turns out she's a creationist.
Posted by Chuck Schott (+1290) 13 years ago
WOW is right. I don't know a thing about her but it looks as if I'm about to. I not sure what it will do to the race but it should take some of the "bounce" away from "brother Barac's traveling salvation show". If Hal thinks it was a good choice I'm encouraged by it and I welcome the diversity of this race.

No reason not to get out and vote, this race has something for everyone. I'm so pumped I may vote more than once.
founder
supporter
sponsor
>> I'm so pumped I may vote more than once.

I've been considering that myself. They have two different "I Voted" stickers here. One is in English and one is in Yup'ik. I'd like to collect a couple copies of both.

>>If Hal thinks it was a good choice. . . .

Republican, Democrat, or Independent . . . a good person is a good person. I know many who post here don't agree with that, but I've said it before and I believe it to be true.

Given there is some odd chance that McCain will win in November - I'll admit that I had been troubled by the prospect of someone of his age winning. And this is not a slam . . . not a call for senility jokes or any of that crap. But I have watched as men nearly half his age enter the White House and be aged twenty years by the demands of the position. It is not an easy job - that is a simple fact of life. While I do not think his age is a bar to his serving as President - I am, nonetheless, reassured to know that if he should somehow win, the nation would have a solid person standing by.

In partisan terms . . . I sure wish he would have chosen Mittens or Duct-tape Ridge as they'd have brought so much baggage with them that they'd have been easy to beat up on.

In entertainment terms . . . it will be a pleasure to watch Biden and Palin square off and take each other on . . . both are sharp as tacks and tough as nails.

As someone who hates the thought of losing Sarah as governor, I'm relieved to know that come November she'll be able to return home and continue the fine work she's been doing here. Then I can have the best of both worlds . . . the leadership our nation deserves and must have in the White House and Sarah in Juneau.

Obama/Biden 08!!
supporter
Sorry, I apparently missed "high school class president"

Where's Kyle? I'm wondering what his take on Sarah Quayle is....
founder
Posted by Chad (+1769) 13 years ago
Posted by Chuck Schott (+1290) 13 years ago
Well said old friend, there are so few good people in this world we can't let their political positions cloud our respect for them.

Time will tell if you get your Governor back or not. Vote early vote often.

McCain/Palin "08"
supporter
Went to the PUMA site and they are impressed with the nod that Palin gave to Hillary's 18 million cracks and that McCain is actively seeking their votes..Smart move on McCain's part...
Posted by Kyle L. Varnell (+3751) 13 years ago
Bridger,

Here I am.

Seriously though I really don't know much about her other than she caused a big stir up in Alaska when she was sworn in in Jeneau rather than Fairbanks. It could be an interesting choice for McCain in that he's probably trying to steer some of the HC-Female vote towards him and quieting some of the "Women's Issues" i.e. abortion that plague McCain.

Looks like I've got some homework to do tonight......Hal can you be of assistance?

[This message has been edited by Kyle L. Varnell (edited 8/29/2008).]
supporter
I don't know howdy - I don't think +/-20 votes is going to help the cause.

A vote for McCain is a vote against everything Hillary claims to stand for - even if one ticket has twice as many pr*cks on on it than the other
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+17662) 13 years ago
Oh, c'mon, Chad, you can do better than that
supporter
Bridgier you might well be surprised.
Posted by ABC (+387) 13 years ago
Kyle:

Could you please elaborate on...

"quieting some of the "Women's Issues" i.e. abortion that plague McCain".

I'm a bit confused on this because Gov. Palin has the same pro-life stance that Sen. McCain has.

On another note, the Repulicans won't be able to play the inexperience card any more.

ABC
founder
supporter
sponsor
Kyle, start with the ADN and see what they have to say.
http://www.adn.com/news/politics/

They do a good job of covering state politics. Editorially they're pro-GOP, but they are reasonably honest and keep OpEd material on the OpEd page.

To really understand Sarah's political career here, you have to look into the Veco scandals - and that is some sad, sorry, and sickening reading. http://community.adn.com/adn/node/112569
http://www.adn.com/veco/index.html
Posted by Kyle L. Varnell (+3751) 13 years ago
ABC,

Like I said I need to do a little more reading. I suppose there were some misconceptions I had but I had thought McSame was Pro-Choice.

I'm spending my weekend doing some reading.....
supporter
From what I am reading, the impressive part of her background is the fact that she didnt hesitate to take on the corruption within her own party. That had to be scary and took amazing guts to do ....Since I think both parties are similiar, I am impressed as hell...She fought the bridge to nowhere also...
After viewing Gunnar's picture of our future Vice Prez, I had to run down to the election office and switch parties. Leather rules!

I'd gladly continue to screw the environment, hurt the middle class, continue upward spiraling health care, privatize SS, ect... just to get a look at those legs!

Didn't take much to sway my vote!

[This message has been edited by Mark (edited 8/29/2008).]
supporter
Misogynist remarks won't help the democratic ticket at this point. Hope they realize that in time.
founder
Posted by Chad (+1769) 13 years ago
supporter
Point of View from a PUMA worth reading....
http://riverdaughter.word...omparison/
supporter
This whole PUMA thing is starting to get annoying. Hillary Lost. It happens. It probably hurts - but that's politics. So the choices for Clinton supporters are:

1) Stay home: Well, that's one more vote that McCain won't have to overcome.

2) Vote For McCain: Even more petulant. Don't come crying to me when the gyno-cops come by and repossess your uterus.

3) Vote for Obama: Suck it up - your children will thank you.

4) Vote Cthulu: Why choose the lesser of any evil?
All things considered Howdy, you're not seriously considering jumping party lines with everything that is a stake?

And yes, I know my previous post was truly tasteless...

I will make a projection, that much like those people who thought in 04 "how bad could another 4 years of GWB be", those who vote Republican b/c they are disinfranchised with the Clinton loss will feel pretty sore with four more years of McSame.

We really do need change, from what I've seen and heard, the McSame ticket is not offering it.
supporter
My vote in November isn't yet decided but I am watching the various reactions. Bridgier, sorry you are tiring of the PUMA movement, but it is there and real and needs to be dealt with in a professional manner instead of insults...The democratic party has taken the female voter for granted for too long IMO..
founder
supporter
sponsor
I got the scoop on McCain's decision to go with Palin when I went to the post office this morning. I haven't confirmed this on the internets yet, but I'm sure someone will do that before too long and post the LubeTube link.

They* orchestrated they whole thing as part of their plot to get Obama elected. And as everyone knows, Obama is a Buddhist (although my source wasn't 100% positive about that, when questioned, the possibility arose that he might actually be a Jihadist). In any case he's one of "Them" - but be careful not to confuse "Them" with the "They" who are behind it all as they aren't the same as Them. And once Obama is in office he will be replaced by Their man. But I'm not sure if "Their" man would be one of "Them".

So it seems highly probable that McCain is Their tool . . . unless he's working for Them , , , or doing what They tell him.

The lesson I came away with is that the vote of the whack-job who told me counts the same as mine. : -( Oh well . . . I'm still voting for the Pirate.

*It was never quite made clear who "They" are - but obviously They are as nefarious a group of conspirators as ever conspired. As for "Them" . . . heck, your guess is as good as mine.
Hal, which way was the bobbie pin on your tin foil hat pointed?

That may be why you couldn't get the message clearly.
Posted by mule train (+1049) 13 years ago
does anyone remember the vice admiral? this might top that nomination. can anyone say "sex tape?"
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr (+15076) 13 years ago
It is really good to see that the lib's on this site acknowledge that there is an "inexperience card" to be played where Obama is concerned. We are finally making progress.
supporter
My vote in November isn't yet decided but I am watching the various reactions. Bridgier, sorry you are tiring of the PUMA movement, but it is there and real and needs to be dealt with in a professional manner instead of insults...The democratic party has taken the female voter for granted for too long IMO..

-------

Howdy:

With all due respect, the only thing that Sarah Palin and Hilary Clinton have in common is female genatalia. Their position on the issues could not be any more different.

If you're willing to vote for McSame because he chose a female V.P., God bless...