Posted by Frank Hardy (+1650) 13 years ago

Cheers!
FH
Posted by Amber (+216) 13 years ago
This one looks better then most!
founder
Posted by Chad (+1769) 13 years ago
That's nothing, check these out-

Now. seriously, here's a link to a site by the aesthetics police in a Detroit neighborhood. Perhaps we need to have a similar program here in MC?

http://maps.culma.wayne....dlist.cfm
supporter
Posted by spacekace (+889) 13 years ago
...Just a suggestion, but maybe the Mayor should sponsor a "dogpatch yard" contest... To find the individual in Miles City with the "most original" yard decor... if ya know what I'm sayin...
supporter
sponsor
Posted by Matt Smith (+788) 13 years ago
I win
Posted by Wilbur Cain (+156) 13 years ago
Matt, could you post a picture of your winning yard. We want to see what we are up against.

I do know that cities have ordinances that you must mow your lawn, and cannot have junk cars in the yard or parked in front that do not move. If you do not move the cars or other junk, they are towed or removed and the homeowner is billed. Same with mowing, if you do not mow, the city mows and you are billed.

I don't see why this is such a problem for Miles City. Cititzens, go to the city council meeting, write to the mayor, pass the ordinance, and report offenders. You don't see these high grown weed yards full of junk cars in the nicer parts of Billings. This is why, the law is enforced.
Posted by Tina Bean (+421) 13 years ago
Rob Shipley would win!!! LOL
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr (+15076) 13 years ago
You all don't understand the genius of people with these yards. You see, if you get a few junk cars, a bunch of weeds and some sedimentation, you can build your own personal flood control structure and lower your home-owners insurance.
The Rob Shipley yard is working on the dam if you drive by. I took a look-see to see what all the hoopla is and he is building some type of wall. Looks to be gathering stones from the country side and piling them in a wall. It is the beginning of the dam!
Posted by Todd Larson (+142) 13 years ago
Does anyone know where I can get an old Lincoln or an old Chevy for my neighbor"s yard, his dad will not give him any of his cars, huh Wilbur?
Well, there is a place outside of Amarillo Texas called Cadillac Ranch.
Stanley Marsh, helium millionaire and The Ant Farm, a San Francisco art collective, assembled used Cadillacs representing the "Golden Age" of American Automobiles (1949 through 1963). The ten graffiti-covered cars are half-buried, nose-down, facing west "at the same angle as the Cheops' pyramids."
Maybe MC can be an entire town known for auto art.:

Cadillac Ranch, Route 66, Amarillo, Texas
Posted by mule train (+1049) 13 years ago
would someone please post a picture of Shipley's rock wall?
I bet you can see Rob's place from outer space.
Posted by Kyle L. Varnell (+3751) 13 years ago
Evidently this recently gagged Mr. Shipley is something of a packrat. True?
Definition of a redneck: If own a mobile home and 14 cars that ain't.
Packratt? That is a mild term. It is would be closer to say he's another Fred Stanford without the ex-sister-in-law.
I cannot wait until I go back to Lame Deer and I will win this contest hands down!