We still look like Dogpatch
Posted by Max Cannon (+18) 13 years ago
Several months ago there was a movement began to enforce the ordinances throughout the city. Cars on yards that don't run or are not licensed. Weeds not cut, trailers boats etc., that rarely move parked on the street. Just wondering was that all smoke. Drive around this town some day, We do look a lot like dogpatch.

Max C
Posted by Patti Hughes (+80) 13 years ago
Miles City, Mt is NOT a Dogpatch!!! For all the people who think it is, then do something!
supporter
Posted by Levi Forman (+3718) 13 years ago
No comment on the state of MC, I haven't been there in months, and when I was I was just passing through, but just out of curiosity, did any tickets wind up getting written? Or did it end with the infamous editorial?
Posted by Toni Lee Rentschler (+225) 13 years ago
I personaly have not heard of ANY tickets. Are things better? I really dont think so. ANd I driver around alot with the kids. They like to look at house to buy! (ones 3 and ones 5!)
supporter
Posted by VictoriaLynn (+288) 13 years ago
I have to agree with Max. I don't know what state your town of Miles City is, but Miles City, Montana is a dog patch.
Posted by Tony Ackerman (+183) 13 years ago
(Wearing my councilman's hat)

I disagree. Miles City is NOT dogpatch.

A LOT of work has been done by the citizens of Miles City to improve the condition of their properties and it shows.

There are a few who choose not to be cooperative, but there is a process in place for dealing with those people, and that process has been engaged.

Mind you, this was not about citing people and writing tickets, this was about elevating peoples sense of civic and personal pride in their properties and in the city as a whole.
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+17668) 13 years ago
No, Tony, Miles City is Dogpatch.
No Gunnar, I've been to Dogpatch, and Miles City ain't it buddy. Not by a long shot...
Posted by Chuck Schott (+1290) 13 years ago
Not to worry it will all be covered in snow before you know it and I always thought Miles City looked good under 4 feet of snow.
supporter
sponsor
Posted by Frank Hardy (+1650) 13 years ago
Unfortunately some of those dogpatches stand 5 feet or higher.

Cheers!
FH
supporter
When Haynes Avenue had sidewalks put in to Valley Drive East, it was so nice. It was what though - a year until they were overun with weeds, trash, etc. What a sight! eek! The front of the gas stations and 4-B's by the Broadus interchange are an awful sight, i.e., weeds, trash. The four corners of the same interchange were landscaped and yet they were left to go to weeds and tall ones at that! IF the budget does not allow for the maintenance of these or whatever, why is it not advertised to give volunteers the opportunity to work and shut up. I'm one of those that would be willing to help. Instead of starting more projects that are abandoned once completed, let's take care of the ones we have. Tired of living in a dog patch....... :0
supporter
Make a list, I will come up to Mc and start a cleaning crew of what you want done. It will be on the weekend of Sept 19 and 20th and the following week. Lets get the weeds, trash around the common areas. We cant go onto someones property, so make a list and instead of talking about it, lets do something.
Anybody???? I will check back.
[deleted - duplicate]
supporter
Thank you for heading this up. I would like to start by the Broadus interchange. From there, down the street on both sides, by the sidewalks.....garbage, overgrown weeds, etc. Thank you again.
Great! I will bring large bags and gloves. I hope more people respond. It will be fun also!! I live in Denver but come home (MC is still home) at least once every two months. Later we can set up a time and place to meet.
Posted by Rob Shipley (+477) 13 years ago
Max Cannon who? A bit at a loss as I do not know or for sure care who you are or even think you are. My hope is that you do not live in Miles City nor will you ever visit. Thank you for yor expression of abject stupidity.
Isn't this just fine? Duh? I don't know what state your town of Miles City is in.......duh? Obviously been a little too long in the mushrooms,Lady?
Sir, since you are so ethereal with your opinions, would you care to enlighten we peasantfolk with a series of fine photos of your residence and lawn and such? Please, by all means, do not dodge this challenge as I suspect you possibly belong to the TSEOMC.
Posted by Amber (+216) 13 years ago
Mr. Shipley, I'm not sure if you are up to date on the whole "dog patch" issue but if you follow the link provided below and scroll half way down I do believe that is your property that the great people of Miles City are referring to.

http://milescity.com/foru...fpid=45178

sorry to be the barer of bad news.
Who in the hell, first of all said MC was a dog patch anyway? and where are they from? and why would you move to MC, Mt of all places to go to? Why not somewhere where they have HOA's, where you HAVe to keep your property spiffy. MC has character and charm.
[deleted - duplicate]
Amber.......bearer is spelled....with an "e" before the "a",OK?
My home and cars and the enjoyment thereof is no one's business but mine. I have been cited for this....over a year ago.....and lawfully ACQUITTED in a court of law. Therefore, since there is no **Legal** pressure that can be forced against me.....I can and will make necessary cleaning improvements as such become matters of priority.
Posted by Amber (+216) 13 years ago
I was not trying to take a stab at you i was just trying to inform you that your business has been put out there for all to see. I feel the same way about the issue at hand as my property is just that, mine. The city can issue citations because the more vehicles and other misc stuff we move out of our yard there is guarnteed to be more moved back in to start the next project. It's a never ending, vicious cycle at my house.
For Amber and all decent Miles City persons: This noon I was cited by MCPD Officer Prell for Public Nuisance. The officer stopped me with flashing lights adjacent NAPA and handed me the citation from the City Council. THEN.........he did what Mayor Whalen nor John Uden will never do..........he allowed me to speak to him....in plain English.....of the whys and wherefores of my unkept lawn etcetera. This good man and I visited for say 6 or 8 minutes as possibly 35 or 45 cars drove by us. He told me that he understood that I had been acquitted by the City Court over a year ago,and, that I should maybe request of Judge Ralph Dukart perhaps a reaonable time to attend to the situation at hand as I am extremely extremely busy all the time. This fellow who is a Sgt by good repute and good years of duty expressed the COMMON SENSE and DECENCY that is never ever ever ever ever provided by the judicial bats that are the City Council. I am to appear before Honorable Judge RALPH J. DUKART Thursday afternoon to answer to this complaint, and, I am sure since Mr. Dukart was and always has been.........a REASONABLE MILES CITY resident..........always before he became an official in the administration of City government....and has not decreased his moral or ethical aptitude like have so many..........he and I will resolve a meaningful solution.
Mark Reddick and Casey Prell ought to be mentioned to the City Council as truly outstanding Miles City Police Officers......because.....each of them.....hold a basic human desire to ....help their fellow citizens in this very wonderful western cowtown.......comply.
The mayor and his "Club" (Council).........ah....I don't think are cut from the same bolt of cloth.
Thank you, sincerely...........Rob Shipley
supporter
Posted by Dan Mowry (+1431) 13 years ago
^Babelfish failed to help me^

Is there a Reader's Digest version of the above?
Any concerned parties..........as an expressed "respect" for Sgt Casey Prell..........anyone wishing to drive by 603 South 4th can readily see that I just now have watered down and removed with a logchain and a 2x6 two (2) little volunteer elm trees that were hassling the view of morotists existing the alley south of my home.......as a matter of......"respect" for decent treatment from the "Law" instead of the runaround of the City Council.
Patti,

I should be able to commit some time to help out on either the 19th or the 20th. I'll see if I can round up some other folk to help out.
Great!! Whereever you guys want to start, let me know. I guess its the Broadus interchange. there should be a great turn out from all the letters written in the first discussion of the dogpatch. It will be fun.
supporter
Oh Rob Shipley, indeed you are extremely busy.....busy with spending your mom's money on more junk to haul to your "house." You DESTROY every home you live in and ruin the neighborhood for everyone. You talk nonsense and use words to impress who? .....yet you have no idea what the hell you are talking about. Hey, while you are cutting a few trees, how about cutting the whole dam pig sty down and leave town! You are the definition of dogpatch.
supporter
Rob, while you are busy pointing out misspelled words, how about your post......"hassling the view of morotists existing...." Don't you mean EXITING. And, don't you mean MOTORISTS. Better get your dictionary out, Rob.
supporter
Patti, I would like to thank you for spearheading the project of cleaning up. Too many of us sit and complain...........You live in Denver but yet you are willing to come here and volunteer in cleaning up. I wish there were more people like you. I will see you at the cleanup. Thanks again!
supporter
No offense intended, but is it just me, or are Rob Shipley's posts to this thread completely unintelligible nonsense? Like, WTF, dude?
Posted by Maryann McDaniel (+255) 13 years ago
Maybe I am of an older generation -- I turned 60 this summer -- but I think you are sort of strident in comments.

I know Robb Shipley from high school (I am from the class of 1966)and am surprised at the anger directed to him today. I know that all of us have been through alot over the past few decades, but think his situation deserves as much respect as any of ours. If his neighbors object to the appearance of his property, maybe a sensible approach would be to go talk privately to him. I bet a more reasoned approach would get the results they desire, as I recall him being a very open and accepting individual in high school. I am confident you could work something out.

Maryann Mahoney McDaniel, Hockley TX
supporter
Posted by spacekace (+889) 13 years ago
...Agreed Gunnar, I needed a Thesaurus to de-code the hate email he just sent me... and I still haven't been able to figure out what the heck he was trying to say.... "What the French Toast???"
Victoria Lynn who? Cannot say as I can ever remember just exactly who you are or why I should ever want to. Hmmmmmmm....quite obviously Mary Shipley's moderate wealth disturbs you a great deal. Too bad.....just one of those ways that the cookie crumbles.
Victoria Lynn.....Your points here are well taken.I misspelled some words....sue me if you like.I was in a hurry getting a letter to Judge Dukart about how truly significant it was that the City Council had just BLATANTLY VIOLATED the Double Jeopardy clause of the Fifth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution by their citing me for a cause that has already been acquitted in a court of law. Suggestion of merit to readers of this site.......you good people of Miles City and Custer County better start gaining all the lawful foundations that you can. If you think this mini war between the County and the City over the ambulances all winter.....and our mayor's abject stupidity forcing the County to buy that $52,000 used ambulance outa Wyoming that is stored somewhere.........and cannot be used.......so it is truly just another of the many many white elephants these judicial miscreants have all spawned....WITH YOUR CASH.......heed advice from a truly knowledgeable patriot citizen......if they openly violate the Constitution against a legal wiseass like me who has intellect and financial wherewithal to hold them at bay until the cows come home......don't wait foolishly for the time when they gang up on you.........just like the Brown Shirts did in Germany in the 1920s and 1930s.
Gunnar.......is it just me or are you truly mentally deficient? Who are you by the way? You live on the island where the mosquitos have ravaged your summer mentaility? Duh?
Dear Maryann: Thank you for your appropriate praise. I only wish I were more worthy of same. These clowns who are the City Council here in our blessed hometown have none of them seen the ball since the kickoff. They all glide around town like some sort of Roman gods...their burgundy capes blowing in the wind. They meet at the Forum and waste only tens of thousands of our dollars every month in the most bizarre and truly assinine venues. Hope you are doing well in Texas. Several years ago I received a neat email from your brother John in Honolulu....hope he is doing well. Neither of you could ever remain quiet if you were living here in this lawlessness and government sloth quagmire. It is truly ridiculous excepting that it is also so very bankrupting all civility.
Gunnar: This is just a small hint,ok? In the previous message I decidedly wrote...."mentaility"......expressing the contexual change of the root of the word to imply perhaps the existence of a tail.....OK? I am sure this is way way over your head......but...after all you started this and my matching wits with you is like your bringing a knife to a gunfight. Seeya.
Miss Hughes : Seems like you are a fan of HOAs,correct? Hmmmmm... all I can tell you is my belief that you enjoy government's tongue down your throat way way way too much. Ofcourse, the lawful basis for HOAs is that attorneys bullpoop decent people into the falsehood that any government entity holds actual lawful restraint when in fact they do not.
Victoria Lynn: It is pleasing me that you are so perfect and that your opinions are so crass. I wish the Lord would give me a fractured mentality like yours so I could be all things to all people.
Patti Hughes : From reading a message above from perhaps Victoria Lynn mentioning the 4Bs at the Broadus Interchange........ah,some good advice here.....I own half of it still and it is leased to a Scottsdale based big restauranteur that owns and operates well over 115 units so I would perhaps walk lightly near their legal stead as they are quite capable of grounds maintenance as their hefty balance sheet declares....ok?
Victoria Lynn: Some good advice to you in your zeal to reinvent the wheel supposedly cleaning up all of the Broadus Interchange of Miles City. I own half of the 4Bs which is no big deal. But what is a big deal is that the huge operations company leasing it that has 115 units like this in 11 different states...........they have their own money and ways to decently care for any and all of their sites. Trust me on this one. I wouldn't be so all fired up posing as any Joan of Arc on that property if I were you as these people probably would not appreciate your ignoble malfeasance............ok?
Vic Lynn : Since your recalcitrant opinion of Miles City is that it is a Dogpatch,please, by all means, do not ever move here and bother those of us that love our town as the only town in the COSMOS that annually holds the World Famous Miles City Bucking Horse Sale; that holds the civilizing key of being situated on the confluence of two major rivers in the state ; and, that is decently the hometown of the Stockman Bank Holding Corporation which is factually the 18th largest agricultural lender in the entire USA.......OK?
Max Cannon: Your opinion is your Constitutional Right. However, your being totally unaware of State law is intolerable. State law, when you dig down deep deep deep in case law decisions, holds that the maximum number of motor vehicles that can be lawfully parked or stored near or around a residence is seven (7). This was by the way taught to me by one of Miles City's very finest lawyers about 1990.
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr (+15076) 13 years ago
Great. This thread has become a "verbal dog-patch"
supporter
Posted by Bridgier (+9297) 13 years ago
I had no idea that glue sniffing was so endemic amongst the MC.com posting population.
supporter
Until shipley returns to jail or is removed from this website, I will not return nor will I help in any cleanup. People, he is unstable. Do we all want to take a chance of him shooting us while we are working - volunteer at that.

Give shipley enough room here and he will make a threat and return to jail or somewhere fit for his likes. The man desperately needs help. Does he scare me? No. I won't let the likes of him scare me.....but I am wise enough to know how unstable he is.

shipley, it is VictoriaLynn - one name.

Oh, thanks for giving me the information of the company that leases your share of the land of 4-B's. That might come in handy to let them know about their weed situation and letting them know that you so graciously provided the contact information.

[This message has been edited by VictoriaLynn (edited 8/27/2008).]
supporter
Wow. Just wow.
Mr. Bonine: Please,Sir, if you will read back through every single defaming and critical message about me or my residence you will glean that it was not me who started any of this exchange, only me who will finish it. I may be opinionated and I may have character flaws that upset people, but, I am also 37 years US Navy and US Naval Reserve in the uniformed service of my country which these female unlearneds are not. Thank you.
VictoriaLynn: For your information,Lady, I was acquitted by the highest ranking Chief Federal Judge of Montana for a crime I did not commit.This is all Public Record because this is a free country secured by veterans like me, very very much unlike you. Your opinion that I am morally or psychologically unstable is your Constitutional RIGHT.....in your case owing to your crazed insensitivity to TRUTH and FACT and completely overrun by your holier-than-thou self righteousness........your opinions like most of your ilk are useless and worthless.
supporter
Who let John McCain loose on MC.com?
VictoriaLynn: I am sure most of the subscribers to this forum are pleased now knowing you will never return and that your Highness will now recant her mundane and ridiculously contrite offers to "clean up Dogpatch". We peasants here in Dogpatch never have had the need of a Mouth. Please stay home and please keep your unresearched and therefore banal opinions to yourself.
Posted by shannon (+76) 13 years ago
Perhaps Rob should look for some of the marbles he lost in his junkyard! Anyone this defensive is usually feeling guily of something and knows deep down that the town is making some good points here. There are many people in this town that are older, busier, poorer (take your pick) and yet manage to maintain clean, tidy properties. Rob, in the time you've spent spewing hatred on this forum, you could have cleaned up half your yard! Waiting to chuckle at your next nonsensical comments....
Tony Ackerman: Your reply to Gunnar was valid and correct.Miles City,Montana is in no way a Dogpatch. These people do not know because they have never seen.Miles City, all in all, is very possibly ranking in the ninety percentile group of all small towns of the entire world. These hyper critics that have never done any of their homework and surely never been anywhere are enjoying a freedom of expression known to less than a fifth of the world anyway.None of them have seen Ireland, none of them have walked through the markets of Cairo and seen the squalor and despicable filth,yet they spew their unfounded banal opinions as if they were being made to eat out of dumpsters as do millions of the truly poor of this troubled world.
None of them seem to care that the city dump of Mexico City has a daily subsisting population of nearly five times the population of our good clean town.
Shannon: Your comment is your right. Your opinion even though it was meant to be scathing was not.I do not know you but read that perhaps maybe I should as you quite obviously possess a far higher mentality than Miss Perfection, alias VictoriaLynn.Sure hope she is on the pill so none of us living in Miles City where she does not, do not have to fear any of her progeny.
Mr. Bonine: Please be at ease. This open and free forum is merely the product of the whole central idea behind the American Revolution.......freedom. Freedom of speech is a sacred inalienable right stolen from 80% of the world's population by governments of one form or another. I have read through every single one of your messages entered here and I think you,Sir, should be complimented for your moxie. Please do not be troubled that this forum has now been damaged or that it has or will ever decline into a useless entity. Those mouths with peasized brains always are the very first to quit and fall away from any basic human endeavor such as patriotism or revolution. History has dictated this for only thousands of years.People like you who do actually tell it like it is are genuine to the preservation of the basic tenets of freedom itself. Thank you for your intelligent introspection. (Doubt that VictoriaLynn ever thought of anything like this....da,da,da).
supporter
Posted by Levi Forman (+3718) 13 years ago
The whole "dogpatch" discussion has been kind of wacky from the start but it's reached a whole new level now.
Shannon: Have enjoyed thoroughly rereading your message.I think it only fair and just that perhaps a woman of your stature may accept my philosophy.Hmmmmmm,let's see, where to start? People in the southwestern USA are pretty smart.The vast majority do not even own lawns.Why water and weed and expend perhaps thousands of hours of your life enslaved to a crop you can never sell? Why water just so you can enslave yourself to mow? Just because the federal government wastes billions of dollars manicuring lawns of federal buildings all across America, does that make it right? Couldn't those same billions, I mean real BILLIONS of dollars be way way better spent protecting the homeless and feeding the poor? Does anyone really truly think that Almighty GOD actually cares about anything as ridiculously mundane as hearing at the Judgment Seat of Bema...."Well,Father GOD, I did keep a really really neat yard all my useless nonproducing life."? "Father GOD, I did in fact hunt down and dig up every single dandelion and lawless fireweed that threatened my mental balance and welfare of my family You gave to me as Your blessing."?"Father GOD, please bless me with Your eternal gifts of Heaven because I sweated hundreds of summer afternoons mowing and clipping and raking my yard just so You and the Joneses would be proud of me."? "Father GOD, please bless me with Your neverending gifts of Heaven because I did waste a couple of thousand dollars on fertilzer and weed poison just so my lawn would appear to be as neat as the many hundreds of thousands of lawns the feds maintain while they were stealing all my rights and devising deceptions to enslave forever my children which You gave to me to raise and protect"?
Levi: Sir, I agree. Anything as truly mundane as "appearance" in general always defies reason in the end. Automobiles are basically engineered mobility but their completely assinine costs increase each and every year because of what? Sheet metal. Millions of dollars are wasted in the auto industry every year just to make the newer models "look better".....duh? Does overall function and mechanical longevity ever increase? No way. Because the American public is hooked with the stupidity that "pretty is better".This Dogpatch issue will be OK. The antagonists who tire of expressing their own banal opinions always quickly wear out when they finally realize that their inability to ever PROVE any of their allegations always defeats their big mouths.
Posted by J. Dyba (+1344) 13 years ago
The following two comments,

"which these female unlearneds are not. Thank you."

"Who let John McCain loose on MC.com?"

combined in a single thread has brought this to a triumphant conclusion:

This thread has officially won the internet.
VictoriaLynn : Thank you,Lady, for promising to never reenter this forum. It is a venue for smart people which easily excludes you.Thank you for promsing never to come to Miles City. Your type of mental ambiguity is unnecessary. I have never intended to threaten you in any way, just devised my statements in ways to best effectively defraud your banality. You do not even live here nor do you pay any taxes here, so why don't you just shut up and go bother the other good people of your own city or town?
J. Dyba: In case you might like to know this..........Obama and Hillary are enjoying a clandestine relationship on the side and Bill as usual is as aware as he ever was all the years he was in the White House.
supporter
Is "Rob Shipley" someone's entry in this year's Turing test?

[This message has been edited by Bridgier (edited 8/27/2008).]
Posted by mule train (+1049) 13 years ago
*sniff*....need more glue....*sniff*
Hi Rob. No I am not a fan of HOA. I am not trying to become popular in MC. I have enough friends. I do not think MC is a dogpatch. I dont like it when new people move in and try to change the town. It's MC, MT. It will always be. I just offered my service to go pick up trash along the areas where needed or pull weeds while I am home visiting. And the people who refer MC as a dog patch, come help out. Thanks for the heads up on the advice on the 4B' s interchange. We wont go there.
Ummmm....so move to the Southwest? We'd all win then.
Levi Forman: Don't be upset about me. I righted a few wrongs, told off a few Mouths, had no collateral venue and so I am done. The Mayor and City Council have blatantly broken the law against me the same way they ever so blatantly forced the County to buy the $52,000 used ambulance outa Wyoming and the same way they blatantly squander as many real thousands and thousands of Miles City resident tax dollars,so, my lawful condemnation of their lawlessness and licentiousness will be drawn in the 16th District Court for all to read and learn.
Patti Hughes: Please know that you have every right to contact the 4Bs operators if you so choose, just be aware they are a huge corporate operation at least 25 times bigger than the Missoula-based original 4Bs operation and they may have certain corporate restrictions and certain corporate insurance factors in which you may have to deal. I very seldom eat there because they never will cook my cheeseburgers rare enough like everywhere else in town will.
To each his own.
Shannon: Hmmmmmm...... you profess that I should move to the SW? Just because of the lawn issue? Duh? Afraid not. Own plenty of stuff here and besides I know the real security of small town living as relating to End Time prophecy, so, sad to disappoint you, Girl, I'll just stay here and continue to enjoy the one true success in life.....which the vast majority of the readership here do not even know..........and that is to.........live it the way you want to.
Life is not a dress rehearsal...........it is the real deal and the only one you ever get and it is a free gift...........so....waste it troubled about moronic opinions about an unkept lawn? Duh? I think not.
Bridgier: No, I am my own entry. I come and go just as I please and never take excrement from anyone, least of all the unlearneds who try to conjugate complete sentences on such forums as this one.
Shannon: By the way, did you know Reagan and Bush #41 actually won the Cold War...........it was in all the papers?
Shannon: Did you know the only word in the English language that embodies two vowels preceding two consonants which precede two other vowels is the word BOOKKEEPER? How can such a corny forum as this one survive without such wit?
Shannon: You may be very right. My mind may well be the very best thing I ever lost.

that that is is that that is not is not is it it is
Wow! Three posts in a row dedicated to ME- an unlearned Girl. I just feel so darn special right now. (God, I hope my sarcasm carries over)!
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr (+15076) 13 years ago
Mr. Shipley: who said I was talking about you?
Posted by J. Dyba (+1344) 13 years ago
Posted by Tina Bean (+421) 13 years ago
OMG that is so funny!!!
supporter
...That was an discourteous exhibit of video documentation concerning the unlearnededed's of MC.
My self person snivels at the obvectivity of such an individual to subject a pure sole to such criticism and condemnation.
Perhaps it could be the purest fact that I am chortling extensively which has caused my eyes to engorge with tears.
Hi Victorialynn, and Tony Yes, I will be there that weekend. I dont want to cause any trouble with anyone, crossing boundaries where not wanted. I would love to cover grounds where you and others would like to see a change for the better, picking up littered grounds or removing weeds. I am all for that. You meet people, doing something good, good excercise. Then we can go to my favorite place for pizza!!!
Bonine: Maybe you were and maybe you weren't, I just complimented you on the bulk of your writing here.
Patti Hughes: Seems like you sorta effervesce a neat kind of truism in your desire to help out. Methinks you ought to receive some sort of letter of recognition from perhaps the City Council......but we all know you won't as they are all busy prepping to buy some more older worn out unusable ambulances at TAXPAYER EXPENSE.
No, I will be there to help out.
founder
Posted by Chad (+1769) 13 years ago
"Millions of dollars are wasted in the auto industry every year just to make the newer models "look better".....duh? Does overall function and mechanical longevity ever increase? No way."

Rob,

I think you're very wrong here. Today's autos go further, longer, and with far less maintenance and tuning than models of the past. They are more complicated, but how many people have the time or skill to even change spark plugs these days. I for one don't miss adjusting valves and points, changing plugs, and tuning carbs just to keep my car running. I also prefer my 35 MPG over my first car that got 12.

If you're so anti stylish, why Lincolns? You must be pro status? There are cars that are smaller, cheaper, get better mileage, and are simpler to fix and more practical to insure.

I suspect a part of you appreciates styling, comfort, and modern mechanical design.
Posted by urcrackinmeup (+140) 13 years ago
wow. Rob Shipley could have cleaned up most of the town by now.
urcrackinmeup: Since the "Club Elite" (City Council) cannot force me to clean up things.......(as there exist no appropriate laws for such.....i.e., laws that are REAL LAWS and not just toothless codes that are NOT laws).....and you seem worried about all of this......why don't you clean up everything to everyone's satisfaction?
Chad: The main reason why I drive Lincoln Town Cars is this. In the late 80s Consumer Reports did a most extensive report and determined through the collection of hundreds of thousands of pages of facts and industry opinions and all that the Lincoln Town Car was the very best engineered mass produced sedan in America. They are like Cats, they run forever. I have an old 3T D7 Cat that was built in 1945 for the government during WWII.This old cow still runs and still can push all the dirt that any sane man can ever want to in a day. Caterpillar......American heavy industry to the world at its very best.Lincolns are of that same American excellence. And besides,WalMart bought me this last one....so, why would I ever change?
founder
Posted by David Schott (+17439) 13 years ago
"My pappy said, 'Son you're gonna drive me to drinking if you don't stop driving that...'"
Chad: Your opinions about cars is a little verbose. Why would any sane person want smaller? Just like a Japanese crackerbox in a major wreck....so you can be crushed completely because there is no steel in it to protect? Duh? Why cheaper? Would you want the cheapest general contractor buillding the Space Shuttle? Duh? And easier to insure? Insure against what? Collision? You are kidding me,right? You don't drive well enough to avoid major carwrecks? Duh?
founder
Posted by David Schott (+17439) 13 years ago
Come to think of it, this thread reminds me much more of a different Commander Cody song:

Here we go...
I'm lost in the ozone again.
I'm lost in the ozone again.
One drink of wine, two drinks of gin.
And I'm lost in the ozone again.
supporter
Posted by Big Dave (+439) 13 years ago
Hmmm, Rob called Chad verbose. I love irony.
Uh oh......oh my God.....what am I going to do? What a mess. I just discovered snakes in my backyard....oh,Lord,please help me....please.
And they are buzzworms....hundreds of them.....no wait....there have to be thousands of them, I mean really thousands and thousands of them. They are all cooled out now that the sun is down and none of them are slithering anywhere,but, there must be thousands and thousands of them here. What will Joe Whalem say or do? What will the Club Elite do? My God, there are thousands and thousands of them. They are all balled up in big knots as if their natural denning instincts have overcome them all. Balls of them three and four and five feet in diameter. What a mess. Wow. Can the State get this mess stopped? There are thousands and thousands and thousands of them. They are everywhere. I hope they don't slither over to the Miller residence or the Certain residence in the morning when the sun gets up. Wow. What am I going to do? The Club Elite was right for once in many many years. Maybe I can lease their ambulances and haul all these buzzworms away to maybe Glendive. People write here why Glendive sucks so bad anyway, maybe that would be the typical Miles City government solution.
Wow. I am so ashamed now. Life was so much simpler when the feds had Martha Stewart in prison and all seemed safe everywhere in America. And now here I have these hundreds of big meaty balls of entwined rattlesnakes all over my back yard to contend with. Geez, what a dang mess. Back yard is completely out of sight from both streets though so at least having thousands and thousands and thousands of these rattlesnakes back here shouldn't be too upsetting to passersby having no business on my personal property anyway.....you think?
Maybe I could haul say two ambulance loads of these buzzworms a day to Glendive all next month and at least get their overwhelming number down to perhaps less than forty or fifty thousand....you think?
Boy, will I have egg on my face now at the Club Elite. Uden told me this could happen and I didn't listen to him.
Some of these snakes are old grandparent types.......3 and 4 and almost 5 feet long. Some of them I bet in the morning will just wholesale eat several hundred of the baby snakes. What a mess. Thousands and thousands of rattlesnakes all over my 13 foot by 44 foot backyard.Wow. What if they all get warmed up in the sunlight in the morning and all start buzzing together.Damn. That racket could possbly beak windows over at the Town and Country Club........what am I going to do? Please someone with a great deal of superior intellect please tell me,ok?
supporter
I was wrong. It's not glue, it's not crystal meth - it's 'shrooms & LSD.
supporter
Posted by Julie (+413) 13 years ago
Badges? We don't need no stinking badges!
Posted by Bob Netherton (+1886) 13 years ago
I've seen your yard, Rob. There might really be thousands of rattlers back there.
Posted by Todd Larson (+142) 13 years ago
I agree, Miles City is generally clean, but trip past a house with wood siding next to the golf course on 4th street, certainly indicates that the property needs a 12 foot high fence around it to cover up the "eye sore". But I am not mentioning any names or pointing the finger for I believe everyone has the right to live they see fit, but by the same token, those people should have the morallity to disguise their mess so that others would not have to gaze upon it daily.

It is just a matter of pride, some have more than others and there are some that do not have any at all and with no pride there come laziness. I just do not know any better way to discribe it and still be polite!
Julie: Curious to know something. "We don't need no stinking badges".......this refers to police intervention perhaps? If so...you are SOOOOOOO Right.....this is the root of all the corruption in Miles City and the entire world.........."they" will not submit to "play by the rules".
supporter
Posted by TamiLY (+239) 13 years ago
I've been following this discussion and have not jumped in because I am not able to keep up with the impressive vocabularies you all possess. However, I do have to say that I see 2 sides to this issue--I agree that for the area of town Mr. Shipley lives in, his front yard IS an eyesore. There have been a couple of occasions when my son and I were out on a Saturday morning and he wanted me to stop at that house because he thought there was a rummage sale there. I know that if this home were located on the other side of town we would not be having much discussion at all about the messy yard. It's just a shame that such a pretty home does not have a nicer yard to go with it-but that's my own opinion. I do also have to say that after cutting through all the verbal garbledeegoop (my own word, by the way) Mr. Shipley's last point has won me over. When we are dead and gone will anyone be remembered as the person who kept their lawn mowed? ("Poor Harry is dead and gone-what a shame. I remember what a clean front lawn he had.") Would we WANT to be remembered that way? Sure, we'll remember Mr. Shipley for years to come-as a very colorful eccentric with an impressive vocabulary and enough intelligence to remain a pain in the City's backside-but in the big picture, does it REALLY matter what his lawn looks like? (Unaless, of course you're a next-door neighbor and the weeds are spreading to your yard--that would be a valid complaint.) The rest of us can show pride in our town the way we interpret the concept, but don't colorful individuals like Mr. Shipley serve to remind us of our country's right to voice our opinions and live whatever way we care to? I think it's a losing battle trying to browbeat Mr. Shipley into cleaning up his yard--let's just chalk it up to Mr. Shipley and is offbeat ideas (that are not going to budge from what I can tell) are just part of the charm of living in our little `old Miles City. There are plenty of other areas in this town that could use some attention and where assistance in cleaning up would be more welcomed.
supporter
Posted by Bob L. (+5100) 13 years ago
I wonder what Ike would think?
Bob Netherton: You are possibly not going to believe this but it is all 100% God's honest truth. Last night when I returned from playing poker at the Olive I was really troubled about the snakes. Craig Miller played also and thought it was funny that I was so worried about perhaps thousands of them slithering over to his house as soon as the sun warmed them all up this morning.Me and Craig are pals. ***( Craig, by the way logs into this goofy forum from time to time just to check on the moron mentality of Miles City that usually spills out all their venom about things that make absolutely no sense in the very first place.....he thinks "Miles City dot com" is hilarious..... as which ofcourse it truly is)***We go back a very long way.Anyway, for mainly the sake of his fine young children and lovely wife,Deann, I was really wiped out with dread and worry about the snakes....thousands and thousands of them.So, what did I do? I mean it was midnight and I couldn't call the City and borrow the ambulance to load up a load to haul to Glendive because this forum already has convinced me that Glendive "Sucks So Bad".........and it being dark and stormy and all...........so, I decided to do the very best thing that any believing human being can do......I took it to the Lord in prayer.....very resolute prayer.
And BINGO!!!!!!!! This morning about 0530 when I awoke to engage in the interent news of the world and the assinine ILLEGAL presidential election and the wars in Iraq and Darfur and the ONE BIG ONE coming at us like a meteor out of the Heavens......IRAN........I walked out back and to my absolute and complete amazement.........all the snakes were gone !!!! WOW what miraculous relief.

There were perhaps 15 or 20 big fat squirrels scampering around nibbling and chewing and swallowing the last of what had been perhaps forty or fifty or even sixty thousand rattlesnakes of all sizes and religious denominations and corrupted American political desires, but, all of them were gone........the damned squirrels had eaten them all. What a miracle. I mean, WOW, when GOD chooses to unleash His Holy power from Heaven it is always fantastic. Fifteen or twenty common squirrels all weighing perhaps 75 or 80 pounds all scampering around eating up the remainder of what had been huge balls of denning rattlesnakes........now this has to be in the same class as Noah and his big boat don't you think?
By the way, Sir.......you can gain a true insight into your own very critical life with this......think about it......."Noah had no harbor".
See? If perhaps you would spend way more of your time thinking about the complete truth and power of God's Holy Word and quit running off your mouth about my unmowed grass that basically is none of your mouthy business anyway and is completely and absolutely all protected for me by..........LAW.........you'd be way way way better off............see this?

Whether or not all or most of this flew right over your head I do not know, nor will I ever care. But, think about this awhile this morning........simple requesting of GOD our Father a select piece of His help and............wowow......a bunch of common squirrels devour 60,000 big fat buzzworms..............wowowow........"Jesus loves me this I know.....for the Bible tells me so".........
Todd Larson: Sir, you have the Constitutional Right to free speech. This I will always fight for...for you and obviously for myself.
Please accept this as fact,ok? I am able bodied and intelligent. I have had numerous people advise me......"softly".....like in "friendly advice"......"Rob, why not just get some high schoolers from Job Service to help you out there?".
OK. This is for the common good. It even is a bit altruistic. (If you don't know the word altruism or altruistic, look it up in the dictionary and that way you will always know,ok?)
So, since the Club Elite is so goofy as usual in its approach to this issue like any other they always screw up, I have chosen to NEVER heel to their ignoramus desires and finish this off just like Frank Sinatra would.........I will do it my may.
I own the property. I am guarantedd by the CONSTITUTION of the UNITED STATES of AMERICA my own free use of it.....no matter what.
In case you never read this anywhere........(it is all over the internet........the U.S. Supreme Court....."the Supremes".....have decidedly many many many times ruled........ruled like in MADE LAWFUL and OFFICIAL......that the Constitution is the "law of the land".....bringing on all comers......meaning it OVERREACHES and SUCCEEDS past any and all other laws or statutes or codes or regulations and damned surely anything the Club Elite of Miles City,America can ever spew forth.
Get it?
Mr. Larson, Sir......this is not an issue about morality at all. It is not an issue about my failing to have a sense of pride in the appearance of my very nice residence.

It is about TIME PRIORITY and about BEING ONE's OWN BUSINESS.

Facts....I have no children to play and enjoy my yard. The two children who are step children that I raised are wonderful and complete and very successful people in their own rights and I would love to have either or both of them say......."Robbie, your yard looks rilly rilly rilly great".

But......neither of them are immature enough to be troubled by my yard one way or the other.............they are both SMART and CAPABLE and VERY GOOD people enjoying keeping their noses at home or in their businesses which are truly successful and contributing to their residential communities.

And in case you want to know about my nose? It is usually buried in LAW and PROPHECY and the BIBLE and the GOVERNMENT STEALING ALL OUR RIGHTS many many many thousands of websites on the internet.............OK?
Thank you,Sir. You are entitled to your opinion even if it is uncalled for and quite a ways offcenter.

This is why this is America............please know that FEMA and Homeland Security folks are right now....this very precise second......busting their asses to STEAL away ALL of the Internet itself from every section of the American people.

Quote this if you really care.........Miles City dot com will not fail nor cease to exist because it is too funny or perhaps ridiculous or even becomes old from lack of usage......Miles City dot com will cease because the government has already set into force illegal methods to make it so.
Tam, Thank you,Lady........you must be some sorta lady......and your intellect is so very RIGHT ON!!!!!!!
Netherton: GET THIS PERFECTLY and PRECISELY. It appears you appreciate the intelligent views here expressed by Ike. For your information and the general information of all subscribers to this forum.....Ike and Kate Eichler just happen to be two of the very very finest people who have ever resided in Miles City,Montana. Ike is one of the most intelligent businessmen this town has ever enjoyed having. He always speaks his mind accurately and properly.
His wit is powerful. YOU BEST ALL come to read and understand all that he has written.......compassionately......about our fellow Miles City citizen......forlorn Robert Eddy.
What would Ike Eichler say to me about my lawn......"C'mon, Dummy, get off your ass and away from the computer and get it mowed,ok"?

And, instead of THREATEN me with *****illegality***** like does the Club Elite as their own crafted ++++ Specialty++++........I would respect Ike's friendly..........pointed.......neighborly view.....and reprioritize my agenda and mow.

[This message has been edited by Rob Shipley (edited 8/28/2008).]
Posted by Dave Thompson (+58) 13 years ago
The only thing I feel sorry for here is... that computer he is using... and the mouse.. click "reply" click "send" and repeat... and repeat...

Holy crap.. I think there is a greater word count in this thread than there is in the book "War and Peace"

hehehehe
supporter
Or (hehehehe) greater word count than Dave Thompson has piles of stored crap?
(Sorry Dave, couldn't resist)

[This message has been edited by TamiLY (edited 8/28/2008).]
lol...

sorry.. but im not THAT Dave Thompson...
supporter
Oops. Then I am REALLY REALLY sorry!
founder
Lincolns best car? This has little to do with this thread, Rob, but I take exception to your stance on Lincolns. I applaud you for buying American- good man for that! But unfortunately, Buicks rate higher now and foreign models rate higher than any North American made car. Sad, isn't it?

I do see on one of these sites that Lincoln made the middle of the list:

http://www.cnn.com/2006/...ndex.html

http://www.forbes.com/ve...feat.html

http://www.consumerrepor...iable_car

http://autos.msn.com/hom...AodCkpVkg

After all this I have two questions: How many of your Lincolns still run and if they're so good, why don't I see you running your Lincolns down the road more often?
Posted by lyle (+9) 13 years ago
I wish you would all shut up and find something else to do. Milescity.com is turning into such an evil thing. Its ridiculous!! There are many people that get on this site to see the happenings of Miles City, not to read about a bunch of people that have nothing to do but write rude and obnoxious comments on here. This thread is way out of hand.
Lyle: I believe you may be RIGHT ON THE MARK,Sir......thank you
Chad: Did you ever stop to think......me "running my Lincolns down the road" per se is seriously........EXACTLY......like the American colonists telling the tyrant English King George to shove the Stamp Tax up his you no where...............his opinions and those of the English Parliament were a complete incongruency with the freedom seeking American patriots. It was none of his overtaxing government A-hole business!!!!!!!!!!!!! Which, by the way if you ever did any of your patriot homework, is PRECISELY and ABSOLUTELY in 1763 what started the American Revolution of 1776 through 1783.....now known around the entire world as the "very worst single piece of international failed diplomacy the world has ever seen".
Mr. Thompson........sort of a neat expression.......but we both know.....you have never read the entire voluminous "War and Peace"........every page of it......and I have.....long long ago. Again, another Miles City comment from the Peanut Gallery.....who typically have never done anything, never owned anything, never been anywhere.......da,da,da.
Thompson: Just now enjoying dinner, spoke to my Mouse about your sympathy........my Mouse replied.....this is no poop.....the absolute truth.........(see, my Mouse is rilly rilly rilly smart and really does experience the English language quite well)......"Ah, Rob....let it go....I am fine.....I bet I am one of fasted Mouses in all of Montana for this training."
And then my Mouse added,"Guys like him who have not seen the ball since the kickoff are just one step away from becoming Robert Eddy replacements on the Miles City scene, so, let it go.....not worth your time or mine"
Posted by Lyle Abner (+2) 13 years ago
It's been a while since I lived in Miles City but when I did I knew Robie Shipley. He was a fine man and not given to excesses or running off at the mouth. Obviously some goof-ball has appropriated his name in these forums and is intent on doing Robie's reputation severe harm. I really think the citizens of Miles City owe Robie the courtesy of calling him and telling him that somebody appears to be impersonating him on the internet. Could somebody give him a ring?
Thompson: While you are bleeding your heart for my poor Mouse, let me ask you something,ok? Do you have a similar compassion for the millions of mouses all over the world that are engaged without a vote to be activated in cybersex? I mean...think it over.....cybersex is nothing more than idiot human beings clicking on very small plastic keys and ogling 17" or 19" or perhaps 21" monitor screens. How stupid can the human race be......diving in to such rendition thinking there is a reality of sexual compassion and fulfillment to be reached? Duh? Your poor little mouse worn out this way perhaps?
Max Cannon: Care to anonymously here print your address so all of Miles City can drive by the Glass House you live in? Care to relate to all here what keeps you in Miles City if in fact it is so intolerably unsightly? Care to move away so we all will benefit?
Posted by Wilbur Cain (+156) 13 years ago
I don't get out by the 'high faluting' areas like the golf course when I come to town. It seems like Rob Shipley is polluting that area with his junk cars. Iron is at a premium price, sounds like a virtual gold mine to me. It also sounds like a salvage yard, which requires a license. And it is a residential neighborhood which don't usually allow salvage yards.

LIGHTBULB!!!!Rob Shipley must contact the Miles City Garden Club and enter this unique weedy snake ridden, auto salvage yard (previously infested by ferrets) into the YARD OF THE WEEK, so ALL may view the photo in the MC Star. The in - process rock wall with the mishmash of prairie stone will definitely make this the winning entry and envy of all MC homeowners.

[This message has been edited by Wilbur Cain (edited 8/28/2008).]
supporter
Posted by ike eichler (+1232) 13 years ago
Hi Robby, Thank you for the kind words. Yes, get off your lazy azz and mow the lawn, get a pair of pruning shears and cut the big weeds that the mower duz not reach.

Do not try to reply to every post, they are playing you like a fiddle, egging you on and making fun of you. Like a caged lion, it duz no good to roar and shake the cage as they only keep poking the spears between the bars. The wise lion soon learns to retreat to the back of the cage out of reach and watch's and listens, hoping one day they will forget to lock the door.

Don't sweat the little dogs yapping around your heels trying to hump your leg or whizzing on it. That is part of the new internet thing. A good portion hide behind a pseudonym so no one knows who they are.

Why not try to find a secure storage for your cars, not because someone tells you that you have to but because it is the wise thing to do. A thought is behind the fence at Lees Transmission on Valley drive east. If you need help let me know. Ike
Posted by Wilbur Cain (+156) 13 years ago
Max Cannon's glass house for all to see:

VS. DOGPATCH!!!We all must unite to enforce the junk laws of our fine city!
That is a good one Mr. Cain!

Well Mr. Shipley I was not pointing a finger, but now that you raised your hand, you are right it is not a morality issue, I was using satire and being a little sarcastic. (If you do not know what that means with all its connotations, then look it up in the dictionary.)

Now to address the children you spoke of, I am not overly impressed due to the fact they are children and do not have the capacity to comprehend the situtation as we do. Not to say that those children or any child incapable of comprehension, but just not in this situation.

You are right on one point, you own the property and you can do with as you please. No matter what any of us say on this "out of hand" thread, you are going to nothing about your yard, mostly out of stubborness, now that you have been severely chastized by your peers. One thing to remember, the key word in the last sentence is "peers", and your "peers" can make one of two things happen if prevoked. One, they (peers) can apply pressure on the city to pass an ordinance to either cover up or remove public eye sores. Two, "they" can have your property comdemmed, enimate domain, you remember reading that in the Amendments to the Consitution, don't you?

Now, if you ever wish to remove your "eye sore" from public view, I will do something that no one else will do on this website, I would be willing to lend a hand on reorganizing your "collection". See I am not the problem but I am willing to work for a solution that can satisfy all parties, but it is your option. Your neighbors will love you for it!

Now you should be able to see that I am not the nasty person you had originally thought. I do have opinions though and felt that your front yard could use some organization, that's all!
Wilbur Cain: I do not know who you are and surely couldn't care less who you wish to pump yourself up to be. I could not care less.....no possible way here on the small planet. But, your total IGNORANCE of the law is intolerably despicable. Perhaps if you weren't so dumb you wouldn't shoot your mouth off in order to completely remove your very few last remaining tenets of sanity and decency. My extra outifts are merely older Lincolns, they are not junque no matter how badly any agency of local government or group of private persons wish them to be.I choose to not store them across town and out of the City because TWICE I have had vandals destroy very valuable good cars with fire and the Sheriff's Department would never give up their coffee and donuts routine ever long enough to do anything.....anything at all. So, after several thousands of dollars wasted by vandals and having CCSD do nothing.....I chose the hard line. State law provides SEVEN (7) automobiles per residence in Montana.This is just the way the cookie crumbles. Plus, for your further education which you so sadly lack, I cannot be cited by the "Club Elite"....as I have already been acquitted in a court of law of any wrongdoing as per this issue. GOD gave you and me inalienable rights guaranteed by the U.S. Constitution......none of them pertain in any way,manner,facet, tenet or arena to this idiocy that consumes you which is none of your mouthy business.
Long time friend IKE: TY for your wisdom. The accolades I wrote about you and Kate are true and you each very appropriately deserve them. I understand what you advise about these little peeing puppies trying to egg me on. Ain't gonna happen. Not here on the small planet. Especially since I have hide like a walrus. The City just puked up a new ***illegally crafted**** mess by citing me again......in blatant disregard of the 5th Amendment of the U.S. Constitution that pertains to Double Jeopardy freedom and dignity of the individual. No biggy though. I will win a speedy Dismissal in the same FAIR and UNBIASED City Court and this time alot easier and more powerfully JUST than the LEGAL VICTORY I won for same a year ago. Then, the Mayor and Council can be serious DEFENDANTS in a Civil Rights action in the 16th Judicial District Court for their combined felonies that their egos and aloofness provided for them.
FACTS- - - -June 22.....Frank Leskovec contracted for a mere $20.00( because he is not a rippoff artist like the former Parts Unlimited operation that hosed the City for unknown thousands in the Junk Vehicle Program) to merely take the old blue Town Car across town to my Belmont bullpen......a mere $20 mind you. Serving his own regular customer base all summer as best he can he has not gotten here as yet. The sweetheart blue Ranger on my driveway is sold to Loyd Ketchum who has been away 85% of the summer rodeoing as a World Champion athlete in his field. Frank,Loyd and me all attend to our own lifestyles ....enjoyments and relaxations , work and priorities far ahead of ANYTHING Club Elite ever cares to puke up......(all of their crap is ILLEGAL)..... all the time.
The stray elms are cutdown and roots hauled away ; the fireweeds on the city side of the curbs are gone ; and the volunteer alfalfa that spreads...........***naturally*** across the lawn fairs well......having not cost me a ***wasted*** PENNY all summer to water.......especially since the City Water indemnity has been nearly DOUBLED recently to an atrocious level to cover other fiscal shortfalls CLUB ELITE can never figure out how to provide or audit.
Ladies and Gentlemen........Club Elite has a LAWFUL and FIDUCIARY obligation and responsibility to all of you to not do as they do.....waste your cash at every single turn.
CITY HALL is the problem with Miles City........not my residence nor perhaps another three or four dozen around town with unmowed lawns.
If the truth hurts.............accept it.
Wilbur Cain: As usual, both of your photos here are superficial. NOT of real Miles City. You,Sir, like Idiot Al Gore's blazened attempts to sicken the world with GREEN.....don't have your *FACTS* straight. Gore's big ploy that a certain iceshelf in the Artic or Antartic was melting away in a stupifying manner was discoverd by a scientific lab to be his poor attempt to deceive for world view a styrofoam model......da,da,da. Praise Almighty GOD that a..h..le....never got to be president. Where is the REAL photo of Max Cannon's humble abode? Either put up or shut up.
Todd Larson: Do you really ever realize how truly ridiculous you are? I mean ever? Referencing my two adult stepchildren.....both of them in their very well lived lives are truly successful and either of them can easily buy and sell you. So why not just shut up?
Peers? Oh really now? In your peasized brain do you even know the......LAWFUL......difference between....."Public" and "Private" Nuisance? Duh? Was positively sure that you didn't. Spend a couple of days on the internet and in MCA 2005 and then get back to me when you are not as pathetic as you now are,ok?
Oh,and by the way......anytime you feel.....*lucky*......like in your weakminded gathering of a mob to indict me and puke up some illegal mess like this eminent domain surrender that you so severely do not understand in law....anytime you feel LUCKY.....by all means.....bring it on. I am positive that anytime you ever resolve to engage in any legal action whatsoever of any size no matter how small.........you couldn't get the job done......because from what I have just recently been told about you from other far wiser Miles City persons.....you, Todd, couldn't pour whiz out of a boot if the instructions were written on the heel. But in any case.....by all means.....bring it on.
Lyle Abner: Your wry attempt to strike while the iron is hot fails miserably. Call me yourself if you are not the true coward you write yourself out here to be. 406-234-2477. You are a fiction I am sure. I don't know you and you surely never knew me. Your thinking someone has zipped my person into someone's clown suit is more stupid than absurd. By the way.......did you walk or carry your lunch to school?
And surely, it was all uphill both ways,right?
lol

200 or so words to reply to my little attempt at sarcastic levity...

and in three SEPARATE posts at that even.. whooo hoooo..

I made it MA!! I MADE IT!!!
Not "that" Dave Thompson : You are pathetic. You write that you achieved some success here which you did not. I am retired and am one of the original "up all night" guys of my generation. I am online constantly, I mean constantly......seeking, reading, learning as much as I can from the Net about.......LAW....Bible Prophecy......the Rise and Fall of the Republic of America at the hands of the NOW generation.....those of you who all want the government to care for you from the cradle to the grave......you Social Security addicts......you anti- Constitution crybabies.....you holier-than-thou junkies. So, since I am up all day and all night for days and days at a time.....taking little breaks from my....."learning routine"......to enter into verbal frivolity with all of you in this goofy spot is never any big deal......do you get this,Thompson? Thompson, be advised, Fellow, you can't even start me. And if you ever wish to take this goofy exchange to a fighting engagement of some kind, know this. Your types NEVER, I mean NEVER EVER get up early enough any morning of any day to ever get ahead of me let alone stay ahead of me.
Thompson.....newly defeated in mentality Thompson.....CAUTION.......do not bring a knife to a gunfight....duh?
By the way,Fella, have you ever been anywhere? Ever done anything? Ever owned anything?
supporter
...yay, i got acquitted for peeing in the street, so that means that I can pee in the street whenever I want to now... double jeopardy baby! Man, I love the law!
supporter
Posted by Bob L. (+5100) 13 years ago
Gosh, you'd think a guy could learn to use the carriage return if they were online so often.

Just sayin'.
supporter
At least he's mastered the CAPSLOCK - mostly.
supporter
Posted by Steve Craddock (+2737) 13 years ago
According to a study at the Univ. of California-San Diego Medical Center, "the brain is adversely affected by sleep deprivation because certain patterns of electrical and chemical activity that occur during sleep are interrupted, impeding the brain's ability to function normally."
Todd Larson and Wilbur Cain and anyone else ever reading this FRIVOLITY of Miles City dot com:
1. Pretrial Hearing in City Court for recent citation (improperly filled out......therefore in the LAW......."Invalid Charging Instrument" that none of you complaining cats could ever know let alone understand........which by legal definition makes it a document of a cause......"VOID ON ITS FACE" ) will not be until October 23,2008....nearly two months from now........***PLUS***** in the LAW.....is subject to even TWO OR MORE continuances depending upon the reasonable merit of such requests of the court to continue................so, Complaing Cats and Dopey Dogs of Dot com......all this MISHMASH that the ethereal City can do anything.....one eensy teensy iota........about my lawn constributing to Dogpatch, USA......possibly won't be until NEXT YEAR. Chew this for a week or so. They....i.e., Club Elite.....have already done (and ILLEGALLY so) all that their clawless codes allow them to do. ***Little Todd......you think your spewed goofy threat of eminent domain surrender can EVER EVER EVER EVER fair any better? By all means, Einstein...bring it on.***
2. Secondly, there have already been TWO powerfully crafted Motions to Dismiss submitted to the City Court. Jeff Noble has six weeks to respond.***** JEFF NOBLE, taking the matter upon his own mantle already dismissed a similar braindead moron citation (from the Mayor) against the closed pawnshop on Valley Drive East....because, as City Attorney.....he sees through these illegally spawned smokescreens. *******
3. Way before there effects any legal action whatsoever on this new citation the lawsuit for which Club Elite has begged and begged will already be properly filed in the 16th Judicial District Court.
It will also be requesting - - - - in the LAW - - - - that means by legal stipulation and legal cohesion- - - -a PUNITIVE DAMAGE AWARD because Club Elite's arrogant, despicable desire to all break the law and make known locally that they are all above the law is intolerable in the law.
4. HOWEVER THERE EXISTS A COMMON RESPECT.

Due to the friendships and SOUND THINKING and LACK of VERBAL ACCUSATION against me by the follwoing persons possessing moxie, I will spend more of my time reprioritizing and mowing:

Jim Lucas, Dennis Mullen, Jerry Doeden, Gene Riley, Jim Zimmerman

Gary and Karen Morken.........Craig Miller (whose property value my eyesore seriously declines......which pleases me a great deal).....Justin McPherson ( "Opey".....because he is just like Opey of The Andy Griffith Show) in Circle who is a most awkward incendiary (Cenex retains him to set fire to any of their corporate properties in order to collect on the insurance as a White Collar Crime ripoff).

Sgt Casey Prell...............who treats people right and takes ***his*** time to LISTEN TO REASON.

And, last but surely not least......Honorable Judge Ralph J. Dukart, Jr..........of the City Court..........who is not an overbearing ex-cop, is not an egomaniac like the predecessor from Sherwin Williams.

MILES CITY PEOPLE of any repute......read this......Miles City is seriously most fortunate to have a City Judge as fairminded and decently humanitarian as Judge Dukart.....many many many cities and towns are plagued with just exactly the opposite.
Spacekace.......should engage brain anytime before opening mouth.
lol

ok.. mr shipley...

my last post here.. but to quote everything in yer latest response to my previous post.. and to reply to that quote..

What in The strawberry flavored Fudgicles ???!!!!

[This message has been edited by Dave Thompson (edited 8/29/2008).]
founder
Posted by urcrackinmeup (+140) 13 years ago
2 posts stand out for me -

First: by Rob Shipley saying how great Ike Eichler is and if he said to mow, Rob Shipley would mow.

Second: by Ike Eichler saying get off your ass and mow and then use something to cut the big weeds the mower can't get.

So does this mean there will be action or is Rob Shipley not a man of his word?
supporter
sponsor
Posted by Frank Hardy (+1650) 13 years ago
I think he just said that he is reprioritizing and mowing.

In that order.

Cheers!
FH
Craddock: You are a very lucky fellow. Instead of wasting your time being troubled about my mental awareness, you should be truly thankful that there is now NO CHANCE that the muslims of the world.....meaning Barack HUSEIN Obama Banana and Joe Obama Bin Biden can ever gain the White House and Number One Naval Observatory Circle.THIS IS NOW NOT POSSIBLE HERE ON THE SMALL PLANET.....duh?
You'd be a great deal better off writing your goofy excrement to George Soros in Chicago and lay all your lament on his dumb ass for having wasted nearly $185,000,000 backing the black face with the pretty white teeth and no brains nor morality.
Dave "The town clown illiterate misspeller" Thompson:

FUDGICLES ? Hmmmmm....this is a good one. Perhaps the real people of Miles City ......who were not the excess that slipped down their mother's leg like where you must have come from......would like to know.....fudgicles.......is this even a word or just merely your 3rd grader attempt again at humor? *****EXTRA EXTRA EXTRA....read all about this.........two neat persons from Miles City just approached me at a garage sale and praised me for the way I have slayed and laid low all you idiots here in Miles City.com******* And can you believe this? In a small cardboard box of FREE STUFF was a report card from the Galen,Montana Mental Hospital........Dave Dummy Thompson........English C-.......History C+.....Mathematics F.....
Problems of American Democracy (PAD)....FF.........Speech....D-......some little old lady asked me to give it to her as she needs an idiot to pull some weeds out of the corner of her yard where her St. Bernard takes his dumps............I was very pleased to pass it to her.....be expecting a call for your probable very first employment.
supporter
Mr. Shipley: You are quite right - I am a lucky person. And never fear: I don't waste my time worrying about your mental awareness or reading the drivel you spew out by the barrelful here. In fact, you'll be comforted to know that I stopped wasting my time immediately after reading the second sentence of the misinformed, hate-filled, and bigoted sputum you most recently expectorated on this page. My guess is most other folks did, too. It appears that you are the only one here who is unaware that it's way past time for you to give your keyboard and your mind a rest. With that I wish you sweet dreams. Respectfully, SC

[This message has been edited by Steve Craddock (edited 8/29/2008).]
urcrackinmeup : The weeds are gone. The remainder across the lawn is volunteer alfalfa............needing no EXTREMELY EXPENSIVE city water thanks to Whalen and Club Elite's idiocy to have insanely increased this revenue sector because none of them down there can balance the City's ledger. And when the alfalfa merely overshadows the lawngrass to where none of that useless foliage can survive............BINGO.........we have lift off.........a no maintenance yard that has reverted exactly to what it used to be before Miles City moved the T&CC from Signal Butte to the old slough.
Duh? Also, for your info, alfalfa sinks its roots down between 8 and 12 feet so there is never a need to water it. The only reason it is irrigated two and three times a year as hay crop is because it has a very rapid regrowth after being harveted. Furthermore, for your extra needed information since you surely know nothing about alfalfa let alone entirely anything else.......alfalfa seed grown in the Pumpkin Creek valley of southeastern Montana......from the Tongue River Road turnoff to past Coalwood and Olive has for many decades been the most valuable of any such seed of its type in Montana.
If your mentally imbalanced confusion about what is and is not any of your business continues and you wish to not be made out to always be such a fool.....email me here at home for pointers on how to argue and debate professionally and successfully....ok?
[email protected] A GREAT DAY.
Crapduck: Be advised.......I usually never engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed person, but, in your case, because you have literally begged for it.........I will always be here for you whenever your wife or mommy allow you to come out of your crib and play, ok? Please try and not enter this arena with poopy diapers, it would make for funny photos in the Billings Gazette of your defeat...."Miles City Common Man Stifles Braindead Moron Crybaby In Debate".
supporter
Mr. Shipley: If nothing else, you are amusing! Thanks for the laugh.
Posted by Scott (+261) 13 years ago
Wow Rob! One of two things here. Either you are a very knowledgeable man or your extremely full of crap. Maybe you should run for office next go round and see if you can make a change. I would be willing to bed that I know what the outcome would be. You preach everyones constitutional rights and how our "CLUB ELITE" is illegal. Do something about it!!!! I happen to think our local gov. is great (with the exception of a few things). They have made MC a very enjoyable place for me to be for the 29 years I have been alive.
My first and last post on this topic.
Have a wonderful long weekend
PEOPLE PEOPLE PEOPLE........People of Miles City.com..........please be at ease........Miles City has just been awarded its very own.........Alfred E. Newman clone........Dave Crapduck........same height, same big ears, same weight, same failed mentality, same toothy dumb grin.......a spot on match for sure.
Posted by ABC (+387) 13 years ago
I find it mildly amusing that just because Barack has the middle name of Hussein, Rob thinks he must be Muslim. That is comparable to saying any generic Mr. Jones is a drug addict.

ABC
Posted by Kacey (+3153) 13 years ago
Mr. Shipley,

I know you are very busy. You have been at every garage and estate sale I've ever gone to in Miles City. You push people out of the way to get to what you want and then push your way to the front of the line to pay so you can get down the road to the next sale. If anyone says anything about your behavior you swear at them. You park illegally without any regard for the other vehicles in the vicinity.

I knew your mother and father both. They had a beautiful home that was always well kept and looked very nice. I know neither one would have appreciated it's state of disrepair after you moved in after the death of your mother. Your parents spent years building their reputations in Miles City as decent, law-abiding citizens who were hard working and proud of what they achieved.

I am sorry for you. You have never found the joy of being an active, positive contributing member of the community. You might try it. There is a lot less stress in life when you aren't constantly fighting with someone.

By the way, in the amount of time you've spent writing all of these responses you could have done a lot of constructive things! It's a matter of priorities.
Scott: Another 29 year old still wet behind the ears.....da,da,da.
I never provided that Club Elite ***was*** illegal....if you ever read and understood the English language.... I wrote that what they *DO* is always either assinine or ILLEGAL....and usually both. Pointedly so.....what they just did to me was COMPLETELY ILLEGAL and I hold written official documents which will be submitted into the Record of the Court proving my failed two times to WARN them and REWARN them that if they abridged my Constitutional Rights and committed the two felony frauds that they have.....I was going to sue them until the cows come home.......did you get this, Scott, or was every syllable of it also way over your neophyte head? Why in Christ's world would I ever want to be linked with the City Council of Miles City? So I could be collectively laughing stock for all the other small towns of southeastern Montana who never even joined the race for....."As Many Used Terribly Expensive Extra Ambulances As We Can Screw Our Constituency Out Of" ?
You go grab a seat on the City Council if you like.......the pay is tremendous and the popularity you waste is exorbitant. Some even think it is the proper method to enter politics......City Council..... then Mayor...... then Dogcatcher.......then Swimming Pool Groundskeeper.....(did away with Lifeguards for the children's protection due to budget constraint).......etcetera etcetera.
ABC........hello? Anybody home here? Are you computer literate? Can you only read and KNOW THE TRUTH from thousands of websites about the TRUE family of Obama and his being raised a muslim and his 20-odd years connection with the idiot black pastor etcetera etcetera? I suspect the elevator here goes to the top floor but the doors do not open..........Google the websites of the SALVATION of AMERICA.......*****AM Talk Radio*******.........Rush Limbaugh......Glen Beck........Shawn Hannity.......Michael Savage of The Savage Nation......George Noory of "Coast to Coast AM"........970 on your radio.......KBLG....Billings,Montana.

Those of you who do not know your rights do not have any.
Kacey: Your opinions of R.D. and Mary Shipley are pathetically moronic. What they did was exemplary and the vast vast majority of Miles City all know this. Also know this, Miss Pipsqueek, your accusations about how I attend garage sales is all wrong. I do not shove, I do not covet, nor do I misspeak myself at any time. I have been to over a thousand farm and ranch auctions in the past 35 years and only purchased real tens of thousands of dollars worth of Cats, trucks, trailers, implements, guns, collectibles, whathaveyou........have you really.....ever done anything in and for the Miles City economy other that shoot your mouth off?
Ok folks, scroll up to my last post before reading this. I hate to laugh at someones mental illness, but this was the response I was sent privately.

ABC

"ABC......you might like to pay attention to this. Brian Schweitzer, a democrat, where I am ultra conservative Republican, is the Governor of Montana. Governor Schweitzer happens to know and like me. He knows all about the INSANE stuff the feds did to me a year ago because I write to him from time to time and PRAISE HIM FOR BEING ONE OF ONLY FOUR.........4.......governors of the 50 states of the USA that have vehemently told King George to stick this Big Brother National ID thing right up where the sun don't shine!!!!!!! Now if you were computer literate and smart instead of stupid you would know that Bupoop Admin mobster Chertoff has just been THREATENING Montana's governor with federal power for not aligning with the takeover plan of the New World Order......and our GOVERNOR is taking no crap from Washington,DC........ok?

By the way,ABC, did you happen to know that Ronald Reagan and George Bush as VP in the 1980s outspent and broke Communist Russia's fat ass and thereby ended the Cold War? You should have.....it was in all the papers."
oh man.. this is funny..

Mr Rob...

it wasnt spelling or grammar or anything like your long response to what I wrote ,..

to understand what I wrote about the fugeecles.. you have to READ my words... read em again.. cuz obviously you didnt get it...

and to give you a clue.. somewhere in the next few words is the clue for you ..smarty pants:

Wow.. lots of words.. lost of verbose-ness.. wtf dude... of course.. the thrift store sometimes has cheap keyboards for sale...
Posted by K. D. (+371) 13 years ago
And all along, I always thought dad was being funny when he called him Dip Shiply.

In the words of Dip Shiply, I would like to quote "BLAH BLAH BLAH, DUH? ....... BLAH BLAH BLAH......DUH?........DUH?DUH?DUH?......... BLAH BLAH BLAH,........ DUH?"

I am very sorry if I missed any DUH?'s or .....'s in the quote.
Thompson: You are so typical of the X Generation. Everything with you is a question....."What the f____,dude?" You repeat this as if it is some sort of time honored slogan that all of humanity has revered for centuries ; when in truth it is all your mentality can produce to ever say because of your overwhelming ignorance. Maybe if you hadn't played with yourself way way way too much when you were a pup your brain wouldn't have shriveled to the size of a pea.
K.D. : You have a dad? This is too funny for words or this goofy morons forum. A real dad, no lie? Wowowowowowowow......I suppose you blame him for your lack of overall intelligence.....or did your abject stupidity all come from your mother? I'll bet they were a pair.
ABC : I thought it best at the time to email you direct to sort of soften your dumb ass for some of the facts of life that you assuredly have been deprived of along the way. Having to hide behind some ficticious title or handle because you lack the brains and the intestinal fortitude to ever slither out of your nest like the creepy crawler gutless wonder you must be just appears to me as being basically stupid.Queers and faggots hide behind false names and such.........does the shoe fit? Please vote for Osama Hussein Obama Banana bin Biden as he is another fiction that cannot get his head outa his you know where.
I don't know who I should feel more sorry for; you, or your thesaurus/dictionary.DUH?DUH?DUH?.....DUH?DUH?DUH?.....

Again, sorry if I missed any DUH?'s or .....'s. Apparently DUH? and ..... are the only thing you know and understand.
You have a dad? This is too funny for words or this goofy morons forum. A real dad, no lie? Wowowowowowowow......I suppose you blame him for your lack of overall intelligence.....or did your abject stupidity all come from your mother? I'll bet they were a pair.

Since "mr. diply" is privilege to more than one post in a row, I figure I am to. At least I was able to cut the umbilical cord from my parent's, and not ride thier coat tails to "stardom". .....DUH?DUH?DUH?

Again, sorry for not posting all the DUH?'s and ....'s.
Nothing from the "24 hour man" yet. WOW
supporter
Posted by Big Dave (+439) 13 years ago
Remember in junior high, when a bunch of big kids would gang up on one of the, well, less intelligent kids and egg him/her on mercilessly while they make a total a$$ out of themselves. And it was obvious that kid didn't realize he/she was a victim. I know I was guilty of that as I'm sure many of you were. I watch that behavior from kids now and it really makes me sad. Kind of the same way I feel reading this thread.

So, give it up Rob, be a good neighbor, mow your lawn, make a couple trips to the landfill, and quit arguing with everyone here. I think your friends here are all saying the same thing too.
K.D. : It is only too ridiculously obvious when you took out your scissors or your ax and severed your almost famous umbilical cord you did it all a little too early.......you didn't wait until any brain cells trickled into your little tummy that became a pussgut.
Shame on you. Now anyone of an decent intelligence must wade through your ambiguity and ever present anger which is based in your own local small town lack of success. WOWOWOW. What a feeling, having no brains. Have heart though , not all of Club Elite can remain selected for life, some of them must face another election process, and you, K.D., with no brains are a perfect candidate,right? And your jealousy problem......always stifling your demeanor.....Mental Health ought to be able to fix you up. Ofcourse with no brains you have no money......hmmmmm.....I don't know if Mental Health does anything pro bono or not. You could always ask Club Elite to take some cash outa their EUAF though...... Extra Unneeded Ambulance Fund.....don't you think?
K. D. : I am up and at it again.You have no fear. I bought a really really really nice couch yesterday at a garage sale. It was $100 and a truly nice older couch......already gave it away to a close lady friend. She's married by the way and the couch just fits in her basement bedroom so nicely. It is a floral design that wouldn't go well with my Mom's French Provincial furniture. Did your mother give you any furniture since you didn't get any brains? I suppose when you axed the umbilical cord it sadly hurt your mother that her child would have to wander aimlessly through life sans a brain and all. Guess you probably get along as best as you can on old apple crates and such,right?
KD, wonder why you gutless wonder types all hide, truly hide behind initials and pseudonyms and fictional names? Ain't it a bit too much to spend (or in your unique case...."waste") your whole life being a chicken or a gutless wonder?
Big Dave: Hmmmmm. Neat that you confess to being "Big Dave". What you write here is that you were one of the "bigger" kids in Junior High and thereby one of the bullies who picked on the unknowing victims. Neat that all these years later......assuming you did get through Junior High (which your assinine prose surely defies that you ever did) you still are trying your bullying tactics and especially where it is none of your business anyway.
Big Dave who? Too chickenpoop to crawl out of your snakepit and relate who you truly are......a typical tactical method of a bully?

And as for your "advice" as it were......I have no friends here in this crapola of Miles City.com......wake up,Dummy, get your head outa your ass......all I have are REAL friends who quietly log in and laugh at how many of you idiots I have slain with my Don Quixote sword.

You aren't my neighbor so shut up. My stooping to your level to become your pal would be sheer idiocy and every person who knows either or both of us all know this but are courteous enough to not tell you due to your mentaility imbalance. See,Dave, I used men tail ity again...signifying the presence of a tail....assuredly so because some of your family have not well enough evolved past losing theirs.

Give it up,Dummy.........again,like most of you MC.com idiots....you brought a knife to a gunfight.
Big Dave: You suggest your last paragraph like there is possibly something you can do about this......hmmmmmm, so very big of you.....and especially you claiming to be the real....."BIG DAVE" and all. Have you ever tried engaging your peasized brain before opening your mouth and attempting intelligent verbal exchange with real people? Might help you alot because the constant dribble that slips down your chin is pathetic and moronic both. That though in itself is quite a feature ; being able to be a pathetic person at same time you are a moron......but you should borrow a hanky somewhere and wipe the drool off your Aqualung chin.
Your are right Mr. Shipley. I'm gay. In fact I'm a fag with AIDS. Of course I have to hide behind a pseudonym, otherwise the A-holes like you in this town would probably pulverize me. The name is a survival mechanism.

ABC
supporter
I miss the old MC.com, where differences were aired and the rhetoric was often heated, but the people were generally repectful of one another and the messages weren't hate-filled.

As Richard Bonine, Jr. noted in another thread, the recent onslaught of trashy posts have begun to make MilesCity.com resemble the dogpatch-like areas of Miles City itself - including one particularly infamous spot on S. 4th Street.

Thankfully Larry has now made a very polite request to Mr. Shipley to cease and desist from making the kind of comments that made it necessary for ABC to take the stand he/she did above. I sincerely hope he heeds that request and will begin to participate in the MC.com-munity as a responsible and civil MC.citizen.
Mr. Shipley,
You must of had a lot of things to think about while sitting in the pokey, I wonder how many "friends" you made there and if you expounded your infinite wisdow there?

I really doubt that you were all that talkative at all. Isn't that what got you there in the first place? Trash talking, that is? It is obvious to the average reader you have not learned a thing while you were enjoying you stay at a correctional facility, at the tax payers expense. Which I understand you don't do anyway, so I am sure the cost of your stay really does not concern you at all.

Have a nice day! Idiot
Crapduck: Just you yourself run for the presidency while there still is time to file and then YOU and all YOUR ignorance can run everything !!!!!!!!!
supporter
Mr. Shipley:

Coming up with a juvenile name for me was amusing the first time. It's unfortunate that for all the supposed education and fine parenting you received, you failed to learn that such behavior says far more about you than it does me. There's a book entitled "All I Ever Needed to Know I Learned in Kindergarten." I highly recommend you obtain a copy and study it thoroughly.

I know that Larry (the webmaster) asked you to conduct yourself with more restraint and composure. After reading your profane post to J.Dyba this morning, it is obvious you have no intent of complying with his request. Regardless of what Larry chooses to do, whenever I see your posts here I will do the same thing that I do when I pass by the pigsty you call home -- I will simply avert my eyes and pray that someday soon God will bless you with some common sense as well as a sense of civic responsibility. It is plain for all to see that you possess neither at the moment.
founder
supporter
Posted by Tucker Bolton (+3697) 13 years ago
Larry,

It has become obvious that people are going to continue responding to this wingnut. Please put us out of his misery.
supporter
Tucker - I second that emotion. (bada boom) But don't worry. Crapduck won't be replying to Mr. Shipley's stench-riddled posts anymore. He's turning the other nostril from now on.