Posted by little brother (+63) 14 years ago
Don't know if anybody knows but a certain (1419) officer lurks around miles city at night looking for vehicals that are miss parked. Got a ticket last night at 3:30 am. Whats she trying to make a quota? Could have gave me a warning but not this parking meter lady!!!
Look out she might be looking in your vehicals at night too..
Posted by gypsykim (+1554) 14 years ago
Were you parked illegally?
supporter
Posted by Levi Forman (+3710) 14 years ago
I don't know what difference it makes what time you go the ticket. If the MC cops have nothing to do but write parking tickets at 3 AM that probably means a good night. As far as I know, the traffic laws are in effect 24 hours a day, so I'm not sure what your complaint is.
I was parked in front of my house out of the street, backwards, none the less wrong but she owed me one I guess she was my ex something, must be mad at me you think? Why would she be driving by my house this late, see what color the house is now? This why I called this topic STALKED..
Posted by gypsykim (+1554) 14 years ago
If you were parked illegally, she was just doing her job. They are paid to "patrol" the city.
Posted by Ryan (+475) 14 years ago
Don't misuse the word "Stalked." This is not a report of Stalking. Tell your complaint with the City Judge or the Chief of Police. The only reason you received a ticket is because a law was broken.
founder
supporter
Posted by Amorette Allison (+12212) 14 years ago
You broke the law. You were caught by a police officer doing their job, which is to patrol the streets 24 hours a day because crime often happens after dark. What is your complaint? That you got caught? That the police were doing their job? Maybe if you hadn't broken the law, you won't have a problem in the first place.
founder
Posted by David Schott (+17910) 14 years ago
"little brother" when you go to court on this I recommend claiming indigency then feigning a seizure and defecating in your pants. Rumor has it this is a sure-fire way to stay out of the monkey house in Custer County, Montana. From that point forward local law enforcement will turn a blind eye to your misdeeds. Maybe your "big brother" could offer a few pointers on how to do this.

- Dave
Well dave you are apos and I'm not robert. don't try to offend me.
I paid my 5 dollars.
supporter
Posted by Levi Forman (+3710) 14 years ago
Wow, MT still has 5 dollar parking tickets? I figured they went the way of the $5 speeding tickets. If it makes you feel better, it would have cost you $60 in California, or you might have gotten towed and you could have paid impound fees of $100 a day on top of the fine. Heck, you can't even park LEGALLY in San Francisco for $5 hehe.
Posted by Chuck Schott (+1282) 14 years ago
David Schott!!!!! What would your mother say about you and your mouth? You crack me up, I knew you where keeping up on that thread. Funny post.

[This message has been edited by Chuck Schott (edited 8/8/2008).]
founder
Posted by David Schott (+17910) 14 years ago
Hey Chucky boy, at least I didn't recommend (sorry, suggest) running anyone down... unlike someone I know. What would *your* mother say?
That's Chuck boy to you.
Posted by jessiker (+289) 14 years ago
Hehehe... I know how "loved" Glendive is, but I thought I'd share in my parking ticket woes!

I live in Glendive, and I've never in my *entire life* had a traffic ticket. The other day, a kind Glendive officer came to my apartment to give both my husband and myself parking tickets (mind you, my husband had been out of town for a week at that point, coming back the next day). The $10-a-piece offense? Being parked for more than 5 days outside our own apartment. Yup. Not that someone *needed* the spaces, because there's plenty of room, and forget that he was on vacation and had the keys with him (and my name is not on his title)... tickets for parking too long outside our own home.

So I feel for you, I do. Technically, we've both broken the law... but when is it time to just say, "Oh, grow up?"
supporter
Posted by Cory Cutting (+1270) 14 years ago
I was "stalked" into a $165 ticket in Denver last month. The waiting officer alleged that I was doing 71 in a 45. Humph.
founder
supporter
Posted by Tom Masa (+2137) 14 years ago
Crime runs rampant in the ol' cowtown
founder
Posted by jackie stoeckel (+213) 14 years ago
jessiker

guess that officer who gave you the "too long parking in your own zone" tickets isn't an advocate of "go Green" or "energy conservation" if one has to move their car every five days using fuel. doesn't give one much motivation to walk or ride their bike.
that's pretty extreme.
Posted by Mark (+32) 14 years ago
Just last month I was stalked by a very determined highway patrolman. Heck, he even kept it up as I exceeded 95 mph! I did finally acknowledge his approach, flashy lights and such; and we had a friendly exchange concerning speed limits and motorcycle safety.

As far as stalkers go, he was very respectful and I was not at all alarmed.

Strangely, I didn't really feel stalked, but if breaking the law is considered being stalked, then this guy certainly was persistant.

I'm just glad I wasn't parked illegally. Who know's how bad that would have been. Yeesh, go figure!
when she was working partime as a night stocker out at walmat she told the crew members I killed her dog. true story. funny thing is she told her fellow crew members this morning she just had to give me the ticket. maybe she really talked herself into believing it.
Now it's starting to make some sense.
Posted by Mark (+32) 14 years ago
Ouch, too much alliteration... Stalker/Stocker

Sooooo confused. Brain hurts. Is it quiting time yet?
Posted by eeyoor (+47) 14 years ago
Is this all you can find to cry about Dan I mean come on grow up I got a parking ticket does that mean I need to cry too.. You parked the wrong way now act like a big boy and deal with the ticket because I know how you need to find someone to blame but really save us all the BS and drama
Posted by Cheryl Pieters (+484) 14 years ago
I am too jealous about the fact that your ticket only cost $5 to feel sorry for you.

Recently someone bumped into me while I was parked on the street and away from my car (at work) and broke out my tail light and bent my bumper. On the way home I got pulled over for the broken tail light and got an $85 ticket, to be reduced to "only" $15 if I fixed it and took it down to the police station to show them it was fixed. It cost around $45 out of my pocket to get it fixed (bumper is still bent-fixing everything would have cost slightly less than my deductible so I just fixed the one thing that couldn't wait).

I had to go down to the police station and wait in a 25 minute line to talk to the one inspection person they had to come out and look at it and then fill out some paperwork which I then had to go and turn in at a different office (another 20 minute or so line-my whole lunch hour was blown!).

Your ticket was STILL $10 less than my fix-it ticket even though you actually broke the law, so I am having a hard time feeling sorry for you.
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+17954) 14 years ago
Damn, I want those Miles City cops to come to Helena, and start ticketing all our freakin' morons who park facing the wrong way on the street. Worst offenders: my neighbors' moron teenage son and his moron friends.

It is getting almost as bad as Butte here.
supporter
Posted by julieinmc (+516) 14 years ago
A real crime spree!
Posted by Chris Peterson (+159) 14 years ago
The mental health center can possibly offer you some assistance. Being the victim of such haneous mistreatment in Miles City, you may want to consider moving to somewhere like GLENDIVE...or further. Explain your concerns to the judge and make a list of laws you should not be subject to. He may offer some suggestions. Use many curse words to make sure the judge is listening. They like that.

[This message has been edited by Chris Peterson (edited 8/18/2008).]
[This message has been edited by little brother (edited 8/18/2008).]
Posted by Lisa (+26) 14 years ago
I see a lot of vehicles around town or in my own neighborhood that the cops just drive by and look at - not writing any tickets-even when it is there for months and hard to see around. II have seen kds almost get hit by a car because no one can see around these vehicles. Yeah, there's been complaints to the cops but nothing done. They told me that "they didn't have the time to patrol for parking violations". I think it is all who you are in this town, whether or not the cops have time to patrol.
Lisa, It's always been who you are and who you know in Miles City, just like 95% of small towns in America.