"I WISH" game
Posted by M G (+195) 13 years ago
I ran across this and thought it would be fun. The game is simple...wish for something, and grant the wish of the person before you, but make sure it has a defect.

example

person 1; I wish I wasn't bald.

person 2; Wish granted, Your back shall always have long flowing locks.

I wish I had a million bucks.

person 3; Wish granted in the proportion of 250,000 male rabbits, 250,000 male kangaroos, 250,000 male reindeer and 250,000 male goats. You must now personally hand feed all your bucks daily.

I wish to be back in the States.

person 4 wish granted: you have been returned to the states of: insanity, hysteria, and disarray.

And on it goes. Easy enough right?..

I'll start.
I wish my car got 100 miles to the gallon.
Posted by hallick (+122) 13 years ago
WISH GRANTED: The new gas price is $259.99 per gallon. (witch is the actual price that is projected for 2029)

I WISH: to be invisible!
Posted by Brian (+362) 13 years ago
Poof, you're invisible. But now shaving has become rather complicated. And all that money you spent on Brazilian waxing was all for nothing.

I wish I had an autographed Gene Simmons Axe Bass...only in 5-string form instead of 4.
Posted by Schmitz - Matt (+403) 13 years ago
Granted. The bass is yours. But now it only plays Air Supply tunes, no matter what you actually "tell" it to do. I want the Dallas Cowboys to go 19 - 0 this year, surpassing what the Patriots best.
Posted by LG (+197) 13 years ago
Granted. The Cowboys will not only do the 19-0 but they will change their name to the 'Cowgirls', dress all in pink, and Tony Romo will finally face his secret homosexual urges. And all of this will only occur after Brett Farve is traded from Green Bay.

I wish that mohawks were celebrated for the amazing haircut they truly are. Dragon Hair for everyone!!
supporter
Posted by Big Dave (+435) 13 years ago
Granted. But in a surprise move American Barbers demand that the Mohawk take equal billing with the Billy Ray Cyrus Mullet and the Mixing Bowl Haircut Association stages a protest at the awards presentation. "I pity da fool" is also overheard repeatedly at the awards presentation.

I wish that all my twenty something pictures of me sporting a mullet would vanish.

[This message has been edited by Big Dave (edited 7/30/2008).]
Posted by Eric Brandt (+846) 13 years ago
WISH GRANTED!

All your twenty-something pictures of you in a mullet have vanished, but to celebrate, you must circulate all your remaining twenty-something pictures on national television. You are now wearing a pink tu-tu in all of them

I wish there were no world hunger.
Bam, there is no world hunger....unfortunately there are no more people either. Just tomatoes and corn growing wild and unchecked. Soon, (a few million years) sentient tomatoes develop an advanced civilization that conquers the corn civilization. Tomatoes discover the remnants of our civilization in our landfills, decided to resurrect the human race through cloning, and we become slaves to the very thing we held most delicious. We are punished for the excessive pizza and spaghetti sauce consumption of our ancestors in what will go down forever as history's tastiest irony.

Whoa....I wish I hadn't said that.
WISH GRANTED:
OK, you didn't say it. Unfortunately, as a result, hunger has returned for you.. You are now a starving actor who's only claim to fame is a bit part on the "70's film "Attack of the Killer Tomatoes". Hollywood has since blacklisted you.

I wish I could fix any mechanical device."

[This message has been edited by M G (edited 7/30/2008).]
Posted by Mark (+35) 13 years ago
Wammo/Zappo!

Wish granted! However, since repairing your spouse's 'special toy', he/she no longer has use for you and you find yourself living in the garage now.

My wish is for whirled peas!
supporter
Posted by Shu (+1796) 13 years ago
SWISHHH! Your peas are whirled!...but at a terrible price, for now that your peas are whirled they shall not be used for any other purpose: there shall be no more peas and carrots, pea salad, snow peas in stir-fry, strained-pea baby food, or split-pea soup! Let us all hope no living person was overly-dependant on peas.

I DESPARATELY wish my toddler was potty-trained, as she now asks to use the potty about every 10 minutes and doesn't produce results on half of her attempts.
supporter
Posted by Levi Forman (+3713) 13 years ago
Granted, but now she has forgotten everything else that you have ever taught her.

I wish I had a ham sandwich.
Posted by Patti Hughes (+87) 13 years ago
I wish that there would be no more animal abuse, neglect, or torture in the world....
Tinker, stinker fair dust on you, your wish is granted:

Please enjoy your ham sandwich as you ate the last reproducing pig so there shall not be any more pork, ham, sausage, bacon. You are now hiding in the hills for a mob of angry boars are after you.

I WISH:
For porta potties on Main street..
Granted!!
But now you must clean them, or the county sanitarian will unleash his all mighty choke-myself-and-sue style on you.

I wish Kung-Pow: Enter the Fist was the new bible.
Posted by Crash (+123) 13 years ago
Granted!!

However, beef patties are no longer served in hamburger joints across America. The new fast food favorite??? Dog on a stick.

I wish Glendive was riddled with as many problems as Miles City has. Then maybe they'd have something entertaining to talk about at
http://www.glendive-mt.net/

Miles City, you're the bomb.
supporter
Posted by Big Dave (+435) 13 years ago
Ha Ha - the joke's on you Eric. I am sporting a mullet in ALL of my twenty something photos.

Er......Ahem......Wait a minute......Never Mind
ROFLMAO!!
LG is laughing because some of my early college pics show me sporting a mullet. I abandoned it after '93, but there is evidence out there of Brian being mullet-ized. Therefore, I cannot laugh at movies like "Joe Dirt" or anything that Billy Ray Cyrus has ever done.

Crash, you can't wish for something that is already in existence.
supporter
Eh, all the cool people had mullets in the early 90s. It's still having one now that makes you Joe Dirt.

~Levi, former mullet owner
Not just some of the pics. ALL of them.
Who is the WAL-MART employee who has a mullet? The search is on. I could not believe it. But I saw it today....
founder
Posted by Chad (+1765) 13 years ago
I think everyone gave up and realized wishes don't always come true.....

Focus people. Stick to the task at hand. This thread started out great and was amazingly funny. I didn't realize you're all so witty when you're not arguing about politics, religion, the best beer, or the worst football team, etc....

I wish you people would stay on the topic!
GRANTED... Now what were we talking about..?.. Oh yah.. Everyone remains on topic, and only on this topic, nothing else. after endless hours of staring into the computer screen and typing away we have slipped into a quasi catatonic state. I'm afraid that our families will soon have us all committed.

I wish that it never gets hotter than 85'
founder
supporter
Posted by G. Huss (+167) 13 years ago
Your wish was granted. Unfortunately, someone else wished that the United States would finally convert to the Celsius system and it did. Today's temperature is not expected to go over 40ยบ C.

I wish I could smoke a cigar in my own office without violating the Montana Clean Air Act.
Whoosh, with a gust of barometrically induced wind, it no longer gets over 85 degrees anywhere on the planet. But now the ice cream market bottoms out, and costs skyrocket because there are now only 2 ice cream manufacturers: Wal-mart and Sam's Club. And then, the polar ice caps expand 2 fold, but nobody notices because they are pining for the Ben & Jerry's days.

I wish Bon Jovi had stopped making "music" after 1992.
Granted, G.
But now the walls in your office are suing you for giving them cancer.
Who knows why? The mangoes.

I wish that I could pick on a daily basis which one of the X-Men's powers I wanted. And use them.
Brian's wish is granted, Bon Jovi disappeared from the music industry in 1991 thus ending the evolution rock and roll. Billboards top 10 has been dominated by Yanni and John Tesh for the last 2 decades.

Not to leave anyone out, back to LG's wish.

"I wish that I could pick on a daily basis which one of the X-Men's powers I wanted. And use them."

[This message has been edited by hallick (edited 8/1/2008).]
Wish granted. All of your world saving activities went fine until the day you adapted the power of a X-woman,who happened to have feminine issues at the time. Since than you have been overly emotional and moody. Your sudden violent outbursts coupled with your intense stints depression have caused the world to fear and shun you. You have been forced into exile, alone with nothing but your midol and prozac.

I wish politicians were honest.
supporter
Granted. Unfortunately, upon becoming honest, none of the current politicians could continue being politicians in good conscience, so they have all stepped down and Alec Baldwin has declared himself king.

I wish my teeth would brush themselves.
Granted.
But now you must obey the tooth overlords for fear of them 'uprooting' and leaving for 'greener' pastures. False teeth are outlawed, as it is viewed to be 'cloning'.

I wish my friends would stop eating mayo on their french fries.
Hallick,

I think Bon Jovi stopped guiding the "evolution" of rock immediately after the "New Jersey" album. After the grunge "revolution" all Bon Jovi's stuff regressed, abandoning "hair metal" for "Soft rock with short hair." And what's up with that song, "Let's Make a Memory" anyway? Listening to that song is like getting stabbed to death with a doily.
Posted by TK (+1624) 13 years ago
Granted; unfortunately, your friends aren't really your friends after all....in fact, you've just realized they're invisible and therefore, DON'T EXIST!!!

I wish my 3 year old would actually go to bed at a decent time and NOT fight sleep!!!
Posted by Todd Larson (+138) 13 years ago
Your wish is my command! Granted! But now she goes to sleep on time and grows up to be a Doris Day, Hannah Montana blue grass singer in funky jeans and sings like James Brown. Then marries a city sanitarian and they 2.5 children and never visits due to the fact that they are still looking for the other half of their child.

I wish I had the winning power ball ticket!
Posted by jessiker (+292) 13 years ago
Wish granted! You've got the winning powerball ticket... but you're on parole, and thus can't gamble! So, back to prison for you; do not pass go, do not collect ANY sums of money!

I wish outer ear infections weren't so painful!
Granted. Now that outer ear infections are without pain everyone has contracted an infection and everyone is now deaf and 10,000 comedians declare backruptcy and unemployment increases. Our new president, Obama, tries to rectify the problem but turns a deaf ear to all the complaints.

I wish I had a better lawyer!
Posted by Major Pain (+202) 13 years ago
Granted. Your lawyer is now 100x more informed about the law; consequently, your lawyer bill is now 100x higher, and your lawyer now spends all of his time on the golf course with judges and organized crime figures, instead of just some of it.

I wish people understood what the constitution actually authorizes the government to do.
Granted. Now the general public has a greater understanding of the government responsibilities and its limitations. As a result of this great wisdom they have abolished political parties and impeached all persons who held political or public office and hung all the lawyers. Now, thanks to your wish we live in total anarchy and no one can agree on anything, but look at the bright side, I save a bunch of money on my car insurance.....

I wish to wish, but I cannot decide on which wish to wish?!
supporter
Posted by Steve Craddock (+2733) 13 years ago
You wish to wish is granted. Unfortunately, wishing is all you can do now and you will never accomplish another concrete task. On the bright side, most people won't realize anything has changed.

I wish I could travel through time.
Granted. Unfortunately, you wanted to go back to 1800, but the time machine misunderstood and transported you back to the age of dinosaurs. What's worse, it's now broken and you're stuck there permanently.

I wish certain people weren't allowed to have kids!!!
Cha-ching! Regrettably, the people who get to determine who can and can't have kids are the same people who are trying to change our national anthem to "Boot Scootin' Boogie" and are trying to make Dale Earnhardt the patron saint of everything. The result is catastrophic, with 1.9 million "Earls" and "Mileys" in Montana alone, any grade above 4th is considered "high falutin' edu-ma-cation", and....and...oh God...the rest is too terrible to mention.

I wish I were a samurai.
It is done. You are recruited by the the Japanese AIA (Artificial Intelligence Agency) to perform a top secret mission, but unfortunately you were captured and you were instructed to spill your guts and you took the idea too literal and performed Hari Cari.

I wish I could spend more time with my grandkids.

[This message has been edited by Todd Larson (edited 8/5/2008).]
Posted by Steve Sullivan (+1358) 13 years ago
Granted. You are now the same size and age as your grand kids. Unfortunately you are stuck in a playpen with nobody to change your diaper and constantly have dried poo on the side of your legs. The upside is that you are now a regular on South Park and are making tons of money which you can't spend because you are stuck in a time paradox due to the fact that as you get old enough to sire more children they then create grand kids which thus keeps you in an infant state for all of eternity.

I wish I had two wishes.
Granted. Twice, but with credit applied for the first time, the second time. and that's all you get.

I wish polygamy were legal.
supporter
Oh - this one could go a million ways, and none of them are good. With that forewarning --- AbraCaDabRa - your wish is granted and you may now have have as many wives as you like - with one catch: They have to WANT to marry you. Unfortunately .... well, I'm sure you see my point - no sense being cruel.

I wish I could get to sleep at a decent hour.
Your wish is granted. You will now fall asleep at the most decent hour; just as someone you really want to have sex with is making the final overtures, you will fall asleep.

I wish I'd made a few decisions differently, way back when.
supporter
Ok, Major, your wish is granted and several of the decisions you made "way back when" have been changed, including (unfortunately) the one you made the night you got totally shi*faced and decided to walk home instead of drive. There is a silver lining, however: It was quick and Pain-free, you are remembered fondly by all who knew you, and savage things were never written about you on MC.com.

I wish I had great energy regardless of how much (or little) I sleep.

[This message has been edited by Steve Craddock (edited 8/6/2008).]
Your wish is granted; While on a camping trip in Wyoming, you were asleep in your tent and a B1 bomber accidentally dropped a "dial-a-yield" cruise missile, which, yes, you guessed it, happened to be set for your campsite and five megatons. You are now permanently infused with more energy than is required to run a large city for several years. Girl scouts working on their Marie Curie merit badges all offer silent words of appreciation whenever they come to the Craddock Memorial Crater to calibrate their Geiger counters. And Steve.... you'll never sleep again.

I wish aliens would visit us.
You mean they haven't?

Wish granted! Aliens visit us, see that we're a moronic race thanks to the previous wishes, and decide to destroy us! Thanks....

I wish that people would quit caring more about celebrity babies than they do their own!
supporter
Wish granted. But the heightened fascination with their own babies results in a sudden and huge spike in childbirth. Worldwide hunger soars as a result, causing despair among the newly ultra-caring parents. Making matters worse is that UNICEF can't find a celebrity spokesperson to champion the cause (and raise money) because nobody cares about their celebabies anymore.

I wish all political attack ads would backfire as splendidly as McCain's "Paris Hilton/Britney Spears" ad.

(BTW: Congratulations to McCain - he actually accomplished the impossible and made Paris look both intelligent and responsible compared to -- well, him!)
Did you see the one where Obama was shooting a publicity photo in an office and he's on the phone....however the corded phone is upside down?!? Wish Granted: All ads are backfiring and now. . .We have some REAL winners to choose for president this year.........oh wait, that's already happened..... I'm going to vote for Donald Duck as P and Mickey Mouse as VP!!!!

I wish colds, allergies, illnesses, cancers, etc etc etc DID NOT exist!!!!
Your wish is complete. But now there is no serious ailments in the world and no one has anything to complain about, except the farmers they do not need a topic. Everyone is happy beyond their wildest dream and there nothing more to wish about. So there is no reason to come to MC.com to wish for anything and this was all for nothing! Thanks abunch!

[This message has been edited by Todd Larson (edited 8/6/2008).]
Todd,
You're supposed to wish after.

I wish that people could read the instructions before playing the game.
Sorry but there is nothing to wish for or didn't I make that clear? Don't blame me blame TK, it was his wish!

Granted. Well ok, just for the sake of the game...... but now you have to answer my wish.

I wish I knew what the political remiffication of Snow White and the Seven Dwarves was.

supporter
Wish granted, but you are filled with remorse and guilt when you realize those ramifications are that even cartoon characters could have done a better job of running the country than the buffoons who have been in charge for the past 8 years. (Sorry, Todd -- you gave me an opening I couldn't resist)

I wish air travel was as fun and enjoyable as it was 30 years ago.
I'm a SHE, not a HE, Todd; and you'd better be watch it , we work in the same building!!!!! LOL
Wish granted--Air travel is as funn an enjoyable as ever; it's the only way to get around these days. Unfortunately, with the cost of fuel as it is, noone can afford any kind of air travel.

I wish that a movie doesn't SUCK after you see a preview for one that makes it look really good!
Wish granted!

Now, the movie AFTER the preview is significantly better than the preview... but they still suck. The previews just suck worse. As a matter of fact, even once they come out on DVD, they make Lifetime movies look like total Blockbusters! Thanks for ruining my only small-town enjoyment!!!

I wish that my coworkers would quit with the drama and just show up for work and get the job done!
supporter
Wish granted. Your coworkers are now 100% dedicated to getting the job done. But guess what -- now you have to work twice as hard as you used to when you were the productive one lest you be considered "the slacker".

Oops - changed my wish.

I wish Edsels were still in production and featured lots of chrome, goofy gimmicks, living room sofas for seats, and great gas mileage.

[This message has been edited by Steve Craddock (edited 8/9/2008).]
supporter
OK, since nobody has granted my wish for the past 24 hours, the rules are suspended. I can grant my own wish with no downsides. Presto Chango - my old white Explorer has been changed into a beautiful brand new 1958 Ford Edsel Citation Convertible, Red Ember with a Jet Black scallop and drop top and tons of chrome - not to mention that wild dash board with the spinny speedometer and transmission selector buttons in the steering knob. One big difference tho - it has a hydrogen powered engine that nonetheless moves this 2-ton leviathan down the road at break neck speeds! Ah, such funky fun!
founder
BAM! No sooner than your wish was granted it is snatched away from you by the Government Office of Chrome and Iron Salvage. Yes, GOCIS strikes again. Even though your Edsel has been updated to spew out less hydrocarbons, the severe shortage of chrome has brought on forced recycling of older cars, toasters, '50's dining sets. Chrome is so scarce that 1990's rappers are being exhumed to salvage their teeth.

I wish the City of Miles City would use the street sweeper more and the street wetter less.

[This message has been edited by Chad (edited 8/11/2008).]
Wish granted! Now they NEVER use the street wetter, and only the street sweeper - constantly, 24 hours a day! Not only does this stir up tons of dust into the air AND raise your taxes to pay for fuel and employees, but the little bristles that come off the sweeper are now littering the ground everywhere, turning your pavement into a dangerous, metal-bristle-filled path to about a bajillion accidents - and when they start happening, everyone blames you!

I wish that there was a foolproof way to prove innocence and guilt, immediately, whenever someone is suspected of a crime.
supporter
Wish granted - and now anytime anyone commits an offense, all of their skin and hair from the neck up turns day-glo orange. Unfortunately, all of us are guilty of something, so we're really no better off than before - except now we know for sure that nobody can be trusted. And women who spent small fortunes on color analysis are really pissed off because nothing in their wardrobes looks good with their new skin tone.

I wish we could count on having a white Christmas every year.

[This message has been edited by Steve Craddock (edited 8/13/2008).]
founder
Your wish is granted. You may now spend the remainder of your Christmas days from 12:01 A.M. until 11:59 P.M. on the white sands of Bikini Atoll! You can bask in the mild, mid 80F weather, occasional tropical rains, and warm sunshine. But wait, there's more! Since you're among the first to respond you will also bask in the warm glow from some of America's earliest atom bombs free of charge! You can enjoy the latent background radiation at bomb sites Able and Baker. There's more, don't forget Bravo Craters unique horse shoe shaped white glass beach- that's right! It's a recent addition to the earth and is composed of fused borosilicate particles that encapsulate minute radioactive particles. WOW!

You're free to sample local coconuts, tropical fruits, and local sea fare. Be sure to try the three eyed fish; the spineless porpoise; and the only fish on the planet that can see in absolute darkness- because it glows!

If you happen to notice slight skin blemishes, flaking and whiteness of the skin, minor lesions, it's Okay. The DOE assures us it's all within tolerable limits for short term exposure.

Yes, Steve, you can enjoy many years of "white Christmas" along with the descendants of the original 167 displaced residents and their king, Juda. Again, thanks for your wish and please send us a postcard!

http://www.bikiniatoll.com/ - since the airline is now defunct you will be travelling by magic carpet with wide seats, plenty of leg room, unbelievable views, and minimal interruption by airline personnel. Enjoy!

....I wish the collector (really, collector?) can of Coke in my hand wasn't written in Ethiopian script to commemorate the Olympics.

[This message has been edited by Chad (edited 8/13/2008).]
Wish granted! Now it's written in Ethiopian script to commemerate the existence of the Ethopian language - as are all other "collectors" items!

I wish that cell phones were more durable.
Wish Granted! But now all other technology is NOT durable AT ALL; everything (except cell phones) now break constantly or just do not work at all.

I wish when a restaurant boasts "the best (food) in (place, i.e. Montana, the world, Bismark, etc.)" it were actually true. For example, I was in Bismark a few months ago, and we stopped at a pizza place that boasted the best pizza in Bismark--if that was the best pizza around, I'd really hate to see the worst!!! And what about the rib and chop house boasting the best ribs? Don't get me wrong, they were good, but not THAT good!!!!
You got it! Only now, those "best" places are also now priced accordingly - so unless you're a multi-millionaire, you can't get your foot in the door let alone afford dinner. Dinner everywhere else? Totally sucks.

I wish my boss was not quite so spineless and lazy.
founder
Granted, through a freak mutation, after visiting Bikini Atoll with Steve, your boss's spine has developed an abnormal growth- it now protrudes through the flesh on the back, somewhat resembling a stegosaurus. Your boss is shunned by the public, patrons, and clients.

Forced into a life of isolation, you boss has become a crazed mad scientist working feverishly throughout the day and night to get revenge on those that would mock and ridicule persons resembling a stegosaurus. Your boss has chained you to a desk to crunch numbers, answer the phone, research things on the Internet, and make 10 pots of freshly roasted Kafe Utza coffee each day from beans you grind with a mortar and pestle (thus allowing for the fevered work pace 23 hours per day).

When taunted your boss lashes out in a fit of rage, demoralizing the taunters until they break down crying. Your boss will never be spineless or lazy again.

For sunshine, conversation, plentiful women, tasty food, and plenty of wine, that is what I wish.
Posted by Tony Ackerman (+190) 13 years ago
Poster foul! One wish per post Chad!

Just the same, your wish still is somewhat honored! You are granted plentiful, sunny, conversation on the tasty subject of a particular food...rutabagas! You become a brilliant conversationalist on the subject of these yellow turnips, but no one cares and everyone runs from you whenever they see you coming since this is the ONLY subject you EVER talk about.

I wish I had and endless supply of wishes that will be immediately fulfilled...
Granted! Your endless supply of wishes are ready to give you instant gratification! Unfortunately, you didn't read the fine print: You must wish constantly, and only for pointless things like a lifetime supply of Slinkies to fill your bedroom. You can't un-wish anything, you can't stop wishing, and you can't wish to change the rules. If you do stop wishing, you die, instantly. You never make it to the point where you stop wishing because you fall asleep, though - wishing for the giant vat of chocolate pudding? Not a good idea. Maybe at least you died happy under your chocolate bliss.

I wish there were no potholes in the road.
Granted... Every pothole has been been inverted. What was deep is now high, concave now convex. Those troublesome tank traps have become bumper bending road hazards. Since you have made this wish in a public forum you have been found liable for all damages caused by these menissing mole hills. Not to mention the fear of physical ramifications from all the hard core bikers passing through from Sturgis.

I wish I had won that Harley Davidson soft tail giveaway...sigh...
Posted by GVC (+517) 13 years ago
GRANTED! You now have a nice new shiny Harley in your driveway. Unfortunately, you drove off into the sunset, was blinded by the light, and ran smack-dab into a semi carrying a load of Kawasakis. You will not walk again but the bike came out without a scratch.

I wish my 13 year old would keep her room clean.
supporter
Posted by Dona Stebbins (+820) 13 years ago
Granted! But now that her room is clean, she constantly nags the rest of the family to be as compulsive as she has become, and your lives are no longer worth living!

I wish that my friends 18 year old son would get up off his butt and find a job!
Granted! Now said son is YOUR boss, and knowing the contempt you had for his sitting around doing nothing, he rides you harder than everyone else, and never lets you forget that he's got a position of power over you. You eventually get fired for not "picking up the pace" enough to suit him, and lose everything because you're too unsure of yourself to successfully land another job.

I wish that I had an unlimited supply of non-acrylic yarn in gorgeous colors, available only when I wanted it.
founder
Granted,

You now have all the most desirable wool, olefin, nylon, cashmere, angora, and gold yarn you could ever desire. Every color known to humanity is at your disposal, as are varied textures, blends, and sizes.

However, all your children and your relatives and friends children have been taken from you by the mysterious maker of the yarn to a child labor center in China. Under his guidance they make yarn on the spot to fulfill your dream.

The only way to free them is to let go of your obsession with yarn, denounce knitting, crocheting, tatting, and other ways of interconnecting fluffy threads AND to guess the name of the funny little man that runs the spinning operation.

I wish I hadn't written that.
Okay, you didn't write that - because that was a little creepy anyhow! Instead, you wrote that I could have all the yarn I wanted, any time I wanted, and you would pay for it yourself.

I wish that Jimmy Buffet would write more books!
Posted by Eric Brandt (+846) 13 years ago
GRANTED!

Global Warming has converted Miles City into a tropical paradise. Jimmy Buffet has taken advantage of this and not only written books on the effects of tequila on arid-to-tropical evolutionary processes, but has created a multi-million dollar tourist industry in Miles City. He now markets a new beer called "cow pie lager".

Unfortunately, high waters eroded all factual remnants of cowtown history; the only remaining fragments were mis-recorded by the local (albeit beloved) historian.

I wish all pastafarians would be boiled until their noodly appendages dissolve in the water putting an end to false doctrine forever.
founder
My god Eric, "...boiled until their noodly appendages dissolve..", that's a little harsh, isn't it? Ouch. Well, your wish is granted. Sorry Pastafarians, you no longer have noodly appendages and from here on all doctrine will be true. No more embellishing with fancy verbiage, cut to the point, be accurate, and bland. Nothing other than truth may be spoken or printed. Doing otherwise will cause your head to implode. When asked how you feel about someone you will only be able to speak and write the truth regardless of how it effects your life, your political career, your family, your business your job, etc. Everyone will know you think so and so is an #$%#$. It will hurt your friendships, your livelihood, and your family.

Jessiker- your wish is taken away until you guess the name of the little man responsible for spinning all your yarn.

I wish someone would join me for lunch today at Mexico Lindo so we can plot to take over the world! Narf!

[This message has been edited by Chad (edited 8/20/2008).]
Wish granted! Someone will meet you... and plot with you... and then arrest you, as they're actually a member of the FBI and have heard of your plot for a hostile take-over. You'll spend the rest of your life under lock and key!

I wish it was fall already!!!!

(And by the way, I don't have to guess, I know - the little man's name is Bob! )
founder
Bob? Bob??? Rumpelstiltskin, the name's Rumpelstiltskin. I'll let you slide this time. No wish?

I wish Cheech and Chong would do a show in Miles City on their new tour!
Granted. Cheech and Chong roll into Miles City to one of the biggest welcomes of their careers. However, due to the decrepitness of their aged followers no one actually goes to the show because it starts at 9 pm and almost everyone is already in bed. Those who aren't have already forgotten that Cheech and Chong are in town. As a result, Cheech and Chong fall into a deep depression, ditch showbiz, and become volunteers at Holy Rosary. The medical marijuana business in California goes bankrupt.

I wish my relatives weren't all so crazy.
Ah, Chad, you're wrong... Rumplestilskin only deals in FLAX, which is not my fiber of choice. And I did make a wish, and you didn't grant it, so... GRRRR!!!
supporter
Posted by Dona Stebbins (+820) 13 years ago
Your relatives are crazy for a reason -YOU! You drove them there, and only by completely separating yourself from them can they regain their lost sanity. You move to Alaska, far from everyone. They slowly regain their lost sanity, but then, YOU strike gold. The press gets ahold of it, and before you know it, the whole fan damily is back, nuttier than ever. On the plus side, you're rich. On the minus side, you still have crazy relatives, now slavering over your newfound wealth!

I wish city budgets could be balanced without cutting services.
supporter
Holy Crapoly! Donna -- I think you might have just come up with the one wish that has no downside! Except for this: I don't know a soul (living or un) who can grant your wish. Does that mean the game is over? If so, that's really a bitcharoonitooni!

[This message has been edited by Steve Craddock (edited 8/25/2008).]
Nope, I can grant that wish with a downside!

Now that all the cities budgets are perfectly balanced, the population can never change. Anyone attempting to move in, or anyone having children at a quicker rate than "allowed" to balance the death rate, has to be "taken care of," or the budgets will no longer be balanced... and you think you can leave? Oh, no. You're not even allowed to travel outside of the city limits, because you could need the "services" of another town, and that would increase their budget. So, in the interest of budgets everywhere, we've become prisoners to our own local government and their obsessive number-crunchers!

Now, I'll try my wish again - I wish it were fall already!!!
supporter
Well, I gotta admit Jessiker, that is one helluva downside that I hadn't considered. For granting a wish that would trap us all in this city, your wish is granted as well -- with one helluva downside. Turns out that the Wish Granting Genie is a Yankee Doodle Dandee do or die. Since you said "fall" instead of "autumn", the genie has interpreted the word as a verb. Now everyone is not only stuck in Miles City ... we are also stuck on the floor. We cannot walk, run or skip because anytime we attempt to stand up, we fall right over. We soon become famous as the City of Crawlers and tourists flock to Montana to see the site of thousands of Miles Citians dragging themselves around. This is a potential financial windfall - which Miles City itself cannot benefit from because the tourists can't cross the city limit lines -- which for the first time in years are well known because anyone approaching them from the outside suddenly feels numb from the neck down and collapses. This creates a sudden demand for the "new" Custer County ambulance. The Custer County commissioners' claim this was in their plan all along and they are suddenly heralded as "visionary" for their foresight and ability to plan for public services.

I wish that the "transporter" from Star Trek was a real and affordable mode of transportation.

[This message has been edited by Steve Craddock (edited 8/26/2008).]
I can grant that for you.

Except, you don't choose where it transports you to. And, since most of the world is water, more often than not that's where people land - so, unfortunately, while you've found a way to get out of Miles City without getting caught, swimming is pretty much out of the question... and really, what is "falling" in the water, but sinking? So, your affordable transportation was a pretty short-lived amount of fun, but fun nonetheless.

I wish that there were more interesting things to watch on TV in the middle of the night.
Wish Granted! But now all the prime time comes on in the middle of the night and day time TV sucks. The entire world now shifts their work schedule to compensate for the mass watching TV in the middle of the night, which cost billions of dollars and the world economy is at an all time low. Inflation soars, unemployment is at an all time high, and day time TV is nothing more than info-commercials.

I wish TK would come into my office and tell me what a nice guy I am
founder
Posted by jackie stoeckel (+204) 13 years ago
your wish is granted however like star crossed likers, you continue to miss each other and when TK does light your doorstep, you don't recognize him and have him escorted out. alas even when one desires a compliment, it can be so close but so far away......

i wish i could find that 10 word game again. it seems to have eluded me.......
supporter
Your wish is granted: http://milescity.com/foru...?fpid=9505
Unfortunately, now you can find nothing else but the 10-word game anytime you sit at a computer. The novelty, but not the wish, soon wears off and you end up cursing Chad endlessly for ever introducing that game to MC.com.

I wish negative campaigning was not effective.
founder
Granted. Rebelling against smear campaigns and verbal attacks during campaign, the voters elect only people with good things to say. Unfortunately, they're either weasel faced liars with plastered on smiles, slick hair, and grey suits that will say anything to get elected, even if it's not true, or they're absolutely clueless optimists like Mr. Rogers (can you say special?)wearing cardigan sweaters and penny loafers that can't deal with reality. None of them get anything done, government slides deeper into the toilet than it already is, and you can't get a concise, honest answer about anything.

Hmm, sound a lot like things are now...wait...a...minute......

I wish for everyone one to have a pleasant and enjoyable Labor Day weekend (provided you're not working the weekend).
Granted! But now all of us who *do* work that weekend really resent that you wished those who have the weekend off a good one... and we're stuck waiting hand and foot to make sure it's a good one. You get home from your weekend to find an angry mob at your doorstep, and, well... you can imagine.

I wish that I didn't have to get rid of my mohawk to get my new job.
Granted! You no longer have to cut your Mohawk to get employment. That's because now everyone sports that particular eye-catching coiffure and it is no longer anything special. In fact, if you do cut your Mohawk, you are required by federal law to dye your hair pink, green or purple or face serious criminal consequences. In addition full body tattoos are required to run for political office.

I wish my tomatoes would ripen more quickly.
Wish granted! Now your tomatoes ripen in a matter of seconds, quickly getting overripe and then rotting. Not only the tomatoes you grow, either - any tomatoes you so much as look at ripen instantly and begin rotting! Lucky you! Now you never have to worry about your tomatoes not being ripe enough again!

I wish that my phone had a longer battery life!
Haha... does that mean no one can find a down side??
founder
Hah, you're battery has a life of one MILLION years! It won't go dead in a lifetime of you yacking till your lips are blue and texting until your fingers are bloody stumps. It's powered by Uranium 232 and since the manufacturer wanted to keep the weight down and the phone slim, they didn't encase or shield the radioactive battery. Your mohawk is falling off one side of your head, your ears glow in the dark, you've got cancer creeping through your hands and your head. Damn, you're getting ugly!

I wish someone would have an all positive response to my wish for mild weather for a while longer this year.
It is done! For the remainder of the year the weather will be great and the Weather Channel is raving about the unusual weather in Miles City, MT. But unfortunately 1 million people from the greater LA area decided that Miles City, MT is the new Club MED and decide to build homes here. Miles City's population soars, taxes sky rocket, crime is common place, & traffic is horrid. Now that you cannot afford to no longer live in Miles City you have to sell out and move to LA where property is dirt cheap and taxes are affordable and the weather sucks!

I wish this site had spell check.
Granted - this site has spell check (that will, naturally, auto-correct your mistakes instead of highlighting them!), but due to a great sense of humor from our webmaster, it only understands Swahili! Everything you type is now spelled wrong, and now no one's posts are readable, and the site is quickly abandoned....

I wish my friend would take some of that third-party perspective about her life and finally accept that, no matter how much it sucks, it's really time to grow up and be an adult!
supporter
Wish granted, but now your friend with the amazingly mature world outlook provides you with an incessant stream of advice -- which you rarely follow, naturally. Unfortunately, you always discover too late that you should have done exactly what your friend said. As a result, you end up hearing the words "I told you so" and "If you'd only followed my advice" so often that it drives you crazy. Literally - crazy. Now you only see your friend on rare occasions when you've earned sufficient points through your behavior modification program for personal visitation privileges.

I wish I knew then what I know now.
Your wish has been granted but in the process of the transfer of knowledge, what you "know now" was transfered to what you "knew then" and what you "knew then" was transfered to what you "know now", so you are no better off than when you were in the state of "what you knew then" & wondering you were going to "know now". But now you have much younger attitude that clashes with your world now.

I wish I was single again.
supporter
As a single person, I'm very tempted to ask you "are you sure???" prior to granting your wish. But, the rules as I understand them don't allow that. It is your wish, and so it is granted. However, you quickly learn that dating isn't like it was in "the good old days" and find yourself pining for your wife quicker than you can sing D-I-V-O-R-C-E.

On that note, I wish I knew what this crazy little thing called "love" is all about.
founder
First to Todd (and everyone else)- download the Google Toolbar; it includes a very good spellcheck function. You don't really believe I'm that precise, do you?

Steve- love, in tennis, means no score (15-love, 30-love, etc.). In life it's pretty much the same thing, after you get married. Now you know.

I wish (I hope) my wife doesn't read that.
supporter
Chad - Thanks for that clarification. Todd's wish makes much more sense now, so it is with pleasure that I grant your wish. Unfortunately, your wife heard about your definition of love and your wish from one of your ex-girlfriends - you know, the one you dated right before you married your wife - the one she's always been just a wee-little-bit jealous of. It was nice knowing ya, pal.

I wish I was in ideal shape for my age.
founder
Steve, keep that wish and make another! Don't you know "round" is a shape?
Good one Steve!
supporter
Ok, I wish I weighed the same as I did a year ago.
Alright... you do weigh the same as you did this time last year. Exactly the same, except you are bean-pole skinny. Where did all the weight go? Well, your head has swelled - quite huge, as a matter of fact - to the point where you can no longer hold it up. It now makes up the rest of the weight from your teeny-tiny frame. Ouch!

I wish that I could find a new, decent-paying, rather delightful job with benefits, close to home, that I'd really enjoy and isn't too demanding.
Wish Granted! You have a terrific job that is everything that you could ask for. That is, until your boss starts sitting at your desk a little too often, and seems to stare at you just a bit too long. When you rebuff his advances he begins stalking you despite the restraining order and you have to move to a Canadian Christmas tree farm where you are forced wear flannel and toque to disguise yourself.

I wish my tomato plants were producing more tomatoes.
Ouch, G!

Your tomato plants ARE producing more tomatoes - so many you can't keep up. Since you can't keep up, they start dropping them to produce more... and once there's no more room to drop them, they start throwing them. At you.

Your tomato plants have a bad attitude.

I wish I could pick up a better wireless signal here on my couch.
Granted!

You now have so much wireless signal that not only can you connect from your couch, you can connect to your access point from anywhere...in this galaxy! One small hitch tho', in order to provide this much radiated signal the unit requires the entire power output from a nuclear power plant, in your back yard.

Now you and your home glow a nice radiant green anytime of the day or night. Astronauts take photos from the space shuttle of this unusual green glowing location that happens to be your home and NASA scrambles the nearest NEST group to investigate and contain. You wish for the days of poor wireless signal...

I wish I knew the right numbers for the powerball lotto jackpot
Wish Granted! You now immediately know the numbers required to win every lottery in the country! The downside? You only recognize Roman numerals and can no longer figure out what the Arabic numbers represent. "Where the heck are the IVs, XXIIIs, and XLIs?" The frustration resulting from being so close to riches and yet so far is just enough to drive you over the edge. You begin babbling about Xes and everyone thinks you mean ex-spouses. You are involuntarily committed to an institution and live on Haldol for the rest of your life. Bummer.

I wish that we all could just get along.

[This message has been edited by GVC (edited 9/10/2008).]
Wish granted - even though it sort of was already! We all *can* get along, we just choose not to. And now that you wished that, it's in even greater numbers, and most of the still-sane world is becoming hermits... because the rest of them? Well, they just don't WANT to get along.

I wish I knew where my tan ball of Cascade 220 was.
(damn GVC, do you know how hard it is to do diff. eq's in roman numerals????)

Wish granted! Your skein of Cascade 220 has been found, as fluffy's hair ball. The whole thing, one great big huge, humungous hair ball. Gross. On the upside, after hoiking this one up, fluffly never, ever has hair balls ever again! On the downside, you can't look at Cascade 220 with becoming nauseous, and swear off that particular yarn forever.

I wish I didn't know what to wish for.

[This message has been edited by Tony Ackerman (edited 9/11/2008).]
Granted! You never know what to wish for, and thus you guess at what would make good wishes... and everyone chortles as they read your absurd wishes. Honestly, who wishes that rocks were their only food of choice?? (Oh, and thank you for eliminating my 220! Other than this one project... I hate it!)

I wish all my socks would magically pair themselves.
supporter
Wish granted. Your socks are now forever paired and shall never be parted. Unfortunately, the force that keeps them together is static cling. It's quite shocking, actually. And when you finally do get your socks on, you cannot move one foot more than an inch in front of the other. Bunny hopping is the only way to make any kind of progress. You are the only one making progress, however, because everyone else - from children to bank presidents - can't stop laughing at you.

I wish mosquitos, bees, wasps and bugs in general would just plain leave me alone.
Wish Granted! Insects and bugs of all kinds can no longer bite, sting, or otherwise approach closer than two feet from any part of you. Instead they swarm into a massive ball that totally surrounds you and play the "I'm not touching you, I'm not touching you" game with particular glee. You are banned as a menace from all public gatherings, you lose your job as a preschool teacher because all the kids are terrified of you, and you can't go outside either day or night because of the bats and birds using you as their own personal McDonald's. Finally, you accidentally drown yourself trying to get rid of the damn things.

I wish that tree roots wouldn't infiltrate my sewer system. Blech.
Granted.. The invading roots have turned their attention away from your sewer pipes and on to your homes foundation. Within 2 years your house slumps far enough that your doors no longer close and windows will no longer open. Unfortunately, soon after you are forced to move.

I wish an anonymous donor would pay all of my bills this month.
supporter
Granted. Your bills are paid by someone you don't know. But they know you. In fact, they're obsessed with you and now feel they have the right to watch your every move. You never see them, but you know they're there - all the time. Even when you're alone - you're never quite sure. Within days, you beg for your bills back.

I wish my computer would always work properly.
Granted, your computer now works perfectly. So perfectly, in fact, that it predicts your every whim and you no longer need to input any data. It takes you exactly where you want to go anytime you want to go there. That is, until you get up one morning and the screen saver has been changed to a photo of a huge monolith floating out into space. Your computer has acquired speech recognition software and greets you with, "Good morning, Dave." Suddenly a chorus of "Good morning, Dave"-s come from all the electronic appliances in the house. Good morning Dave, Good morning Dave, Good morning Dave,Good morning Dave,Good morning Dave,Good morning Dave,Good morning Dave,Good morning Dave,Good morning Dave,Good morning Dave . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

I wish my husband had never told me about Milescity.com because now I'm addicted to it.

GVC's wife
Come on people! Play this game.

GVC's wife
supporter
Wish granted. Instead of telling you about MilesCity.com, good ol' GVC mentioned FootTicklers.com (just something he'd read, of course ). Now instead of Googling, you spend your days giggling!

It's nearly October already and the mosquitoes are still here -- so, I wish the mosquitoes would all immediately disappear.
Granted... this last snow storm was specially ordered just to rid you of your mosquitoes.. So who ever complained about the snow, blame Steve.

I wish there was a "none of the above" option on the presidential ballot.
Granted! But, because everyone is sick of all the squabbling and negative politics, EVERYONE marks "none of the above" and we descend into an anarchichal (is that a word??) hell. Thanks a lot...

I wish it was Saturday already!
Posted by Linda L. (+76) 13 years ago
ALLAKAZZAM! Wish granted! It's Saturday......FOREVER!!! Now you have forever to continually work on your "honeydo" list, which never comes to an end, but continually grows, and grows, and grows............

I wish Sunday was permanently a TRUE day of R&R that consisted of nothing but FISHING!!!
Wish granted! But... you made it too easy! You just permanently made it Saturday, remember?

I wish it was either autumn or winter right now, not some crazy hybrid.
supporter
No effort at all is required to grant your wish. Right NOW it's autumn. Oops, wait a second. Right NOW it's winter. Hold on for just a moment. There we go. Right NOW it's autumn again. See, you got what you wished for, and what you wished for is what you already had.

I wish the election was tomorrow cuz this campaign season is dragging on way too long.
Wish Granted! Tomorrow is election day. But, unfortunately you won't see it because you lapse into a coma and remain so for the next 3 years. You wake at the beginning of the most contentious presidential contest in the history of the US and your family has moved you to the purplest state in the nation. You are barraged with robo calls from both parties, people ringing your doorbell day and night, and thousands of pieces of junk mail. It's your lucky day!

I wish I knew what I wanted to be when I grow up.

gvc's wife
supporter
A three year coma? Hmmm... that doesn't sound all that bad. Now, the nightmare that begins when I wake up --- horrible! I'm gonna get you for that, Mrs. GVC.

Your wish is granted and now you know EXACATACKILY what you want to be when you grow up. What's more, now that you know, you can't wait TO grow up. But wait you must - forever - because along with your wish came the awareness that we humans never real DO grow up.

I wish I always knew the right thing to say and when to say it.
Posted by Heather Mowry (Darling) (+31) 13 years ago
I must say one thing first, yes I am coming into this pretty late, but alas BRIAN you are not nice, for those of us who think that Bon Jovi just keep getting better and better and are obssessed, I loathe your comment...okay there off my chest. :P

Okay back on topic:

Steve, your wish is granted but now your wife thinks that you are having an affair because you are being too agreeable and knowing just what to say to "Honey do I look fat in this?!"

My wish is to meet Bon Jovi and be asked to tour as a back-up singer.

Have A Nice Day!!!!
OK Heather, you wish is granted. Off you go on the road with that Bon whatever guy. Unfortunately it doesn't take long for poor Danno to start thinking that you might be having a fling of your own. Which, BTW, really upsets that Jennifer Nettles chick from Sugar Land. She calls ol' Danno to compare suspicions and, well, you know... high phone bills.

I wish I could see the future..
Wish granted. Only everybody knows that you can see the future and they are clamoring at your door looking for the results of the lottery, stock market and political elections. You head for Jamaica, not only to avoid these leeches, but to hide from the bleak and hopeless future that you see for America. In Jamaica, the future is obscured by a smoky cloud of locoweed.

I wish I had more patience with fools.

gvc's wife